**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Immortal Abomination is undermining all the positive changes in War

Having concluded this season, one detail became quite clear, Immortal Abomination's design did not take into account several nodes currently present in War. Either that or the people that were supposed to test such interactions did a very poor job.

It was evident throughout the entire season but on this last War with Masters on the line for some of us, it was particularly stupid. The alliance we just faced had 6(!) Immortal Abominations, all of them without willpower(!), on the nodes all come to suspect - lionheart, redoubled determination and so on. Aside from the ridiculousness of a champion showing up this much, these guys also didn't care how many units they needed to spend switching masteries. Is it how War is supposed to be now?

All the recent positive changes to War that certainly need credit will continually be overshadowed if there isn't some sort of adjustment to the nodes since clearly the champion won't be changed at this point.

Comments

• Anyone who tried in war isn’t going to care how many units it costs to change masteries......plus if they placed 6 of the same champ they’re giving up so many points you should be thankful

none of those ibom fights are easy, and can pretty much call them a broken interaction. Given it isnt as hard as path5 rhino, but it is obvious the design did not account for ibom interactions.
  • DenRodDenRod Posts: 43

DenRod said:

Anyone who tried in war isn’t going to care how many units it costs to change masteries......plus if they placed 6 of the same champ they’re giving up so many points you should be thankful

From your comment I can infer you have no idea of the impact Immortal Abomination has on these nodes compared to usual diversity on higher tiers. But please, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong if you showed me some videos dealing easily with these fights
    I’m in tier 1, we’re (hopefully) placing 3rd this season so i’m well aware. I took an ibom on path 5 section 2 this past war as well and have the video

@pseudosane i smashed an r3 rhino on path 5 today 😛
    Awesome, as I said, I am very happy to be proven wrong. Can you please provide the video here?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

DenRod said:

Anyone who tried in war isn’t going to care how many units it costs to change masteries......plus if they placed 6 of the same champ they’re giving up so many points you should be thankful

From your comment I can infer you have no idea of the impact Immortal Abomination has on these nodes compared to usual diversity on higher tiers. But please, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong if you showed me some videos dealing easily with these fights
    isnt he in 4loki?
    I am
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Enlist Quake players.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,799 Guardian
    edited March 2021
    @danielmath not saying it is super mega hard. But cant take a genius to figure out it is broken. Now have to scout out if he has suicides, else have to send a quake. Annnnoying. That lionheart is just ****. Hopefully Civil warrior works like i think he does vs that combo!
    Sidenote, guardian does horrible vs rhino. lol. THe moment i threw the sp2 i sensed something horribly wrong...... took me 4.5 minutes to correct that mistake to get him down, and i ended with 8% health.
    #rhinoisking
    EDIT: Willpower not suicides.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    He’s definitely tough on a few nodes. Especially on 39. That can be a nightmare if you aren’t able manage it and end it quickly.

@danielmath not saying it is super mega hard. But cant take a genius to figure out it is broken. Now have to scout out if he has suicides, else have to send a quake. Annnnoying. That lionheart is just ****. Hopefully Civil warrior works like i think he does vs that combo!
    Sidenote, guardian does horrible vs rhino. lol. THe moment i threw the sp2 i sensed something horribly wrong...... took me 4.5 minutes to correct that mistake to get him down, and i ended with 8% health.
    #rhinoisking

I used omega, he murdered him
  • @danielmath not saying it is super mega hard. But cant take a genius to figure out it is broken. Now have to scout out if he has suicides, else have to send a quake. Annnnoying. That lionheart is just ****. Hopefully Civil warrior works like i think he does vs that combo!
    #rhinoisking

yeah i brought g99-warlock-guardian for apoc boss, thought guardian would do good vs rhino. big mistake....

#rhinoisking

yeah i brought g99-warlock-guardian for apoc boss, thought guardian would do good vs rhino. big mistake....
    Guardian is a complete noodle, foolish thinking!
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

#rhinoisking

How is Guardian a noodle?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

#rhinoisking

Go on. Show off the damage.

#rhinoisking

With pleasure
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

#rhinoisking

Shoulda known the man came prepared
    Not in some nonsense like ROL, nobody cares about that. Show it in tier 1 war

Second video is destructive feedback in 6.3.4
    Baka

Guardian is normally in defense in war
    Either rage or increased auto block ability accuracy gets about 2-6 kills in war

Baka
    Ya nobody cares about that, has to be war. Only place where it actually matters if you die

Baka
    Ya nobody cares about that, has to be war. Only place where it actually matters if you die
    https://youtu.be/uo79_sVYF3Y

https://youtu.be/oCTLpah3PmE
    Witness greatness
    DenRod said:

@danielmath I'd be much happier if you showed me the video against Immortal Abomination on those nodes instead of arguing about Guardian.

The actual topic of this post

I used quake for him on the 2nd fight of path 5 last night
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Baka
    I use Guardian all the time on Path 5. Wrecks Havoks and Havoks bosses. He just wrecks in general. I’m not sure what you’re going on about him being a noodle. One sp3, one sp1, and one sp2 is all you need to drop most defenders.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Guardian is a noodle?

Did you hit your head or something
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Gotta love the storm brewing in the bottle here