**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

EQ incorrect countdown timer

As of 03/03/21 the EQ timer said the event ended on 03/04/21. But the Event Quest with Psychoman as the 3.2 boss is not currently active after noon on 03/03/21. Anyone else get screwed out of rewards because of the timing mismanagement issues in game?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Yeah it ended on the correct time
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,589 Guardian
    edited March 2021
    Think he's maybe saying that if you are still INSIDE a running quest on the last day before ends, the timer on THAT RUNNING Quest Panel has an expiration that still gives you 1 extra day (24 hrs) to finish “just that quest”.

Even though the Event Quests as a whole have already ended, you can finish one that you are still part-way thru a path.

Just have to pay attention to the overall Timer on the main Monthly panel that was next to it (and not just the “running” panel) if you want to know when the overall time will end (as in, can’t run any additional quest)
  • Scoobers40Scoobers40 Posts: 100
    Zan0 said:

Have you heard about timezones? It ended on the correct time

Not a time zone issue, the intended design feature is to give the perception we have more time than the actual event ends. It's 100% deceptive imo. I want to know when the event ACTUALLY ends, not when I can complete a path.
  • Scoobers40Scoobers40 Posts: 100

Think he's maybe saying that if you are still INSIDE a running quest on the last day before ends, the timer on THAT RUNNING Quest Panel has an expiration that still gives you 1 extra day (24 hrs) to finish “just that quest”.

Even though the Event Quests as a whole have already ended, you can finish one that you are still part-way thru a path.

Just have to pay attention to the overall Timer on the main Monthly panel that was next to it (and not just the “running” panel) if you want to know when the overall time will end (as in, can’t run any additional quest)

Yeah that's what I found out in their response. But nothing in game on my screen told me I had 2 hours to finish the event. I don't have a "running" panel. Just a panel for the monthly event. The event panel said I had 1 day and 2 hours to finish the event. Therefore relying on this misinformation I lost out on some rewards when had I known the actual time the event ended, I could've finished it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

Not a time zone issue, the intended design feature is to give the perception we have more time than the actual event ends. It's 100% deceptive imo. I want to know when the event ACTUALLY ends, not when I can complete a path.
    Huh?
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Yeah it ended on the correct time

Zan0 said:

It ended at the correct day and time, but if you go by the in-game timer it ended early. It's bugged, at least the last 3 months, it gives you an extra day on the timer. I've only noticed towards the end of the event because everyone is talking about the new event dropping, but the timer is wrong.

For example, if it says 2d 11:04, it really only means 1d 11:04.

I have a screenshot that I sent to my alliance, but that's not proof of anything because you won't know when I took the screenshot.

I clear content early so I don't miss out, but at least one of my alliance mates missed a couple months ago because he thought he had an extra day.

This event dropped March 3, 10:00 PST, which is a Wednesday.

Currently, my EQ has 34days and 11 hours to run, which puts it at April 8, 10:00 PST, which is a Thursday.

As far as I'm aware, events always start and end on a Wednesday.

If it is correct on your game and device then great, but it's definitely been bugged on my two Android devices.
  • Corkscrew said:

It ended at the correct day and time, but if you go by the in-game timer it ended early. It's bugged, at least the last 3 months, it gives you an extra day on the timer. I've only noticed towards the end of the event because everyone is talking about the new event dropping, but the timer is wrong.

Not quite true.
    If you look at the Event Quest Panel timer without currently running a quest, it shows the real Ending time (for when you can no longer START any more of that month's quests).

But if you are currently running a quest, and (without red-door exiting the quest) just go back to Main Fight menu, you will see the Panel showing “CONTINUE”, and the Timer on top of that will show you having an extra day in order to finish that particular quest you are currently running (like your examples).

So, I’m assuming in your examples above, it said 2d 11:04 because you were currently running a quest. And your subsequent saying current month shows ending on a Thursday April 8 is also because you are (or were) currently running one of the current EQ quests when you noted it.

Daily Cat Quests are similar (you get extra time in order to finish one).
    But some daily Side Quests (if they reset daily, like Labs, Rifts, etc) usually have a HARD TERMINATION Time (doesn’t give the extra day if you are inside one).
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Corkscrew said:

Not quite true.
    If you look at the Event Quest Panel timer without currently running a quest, it shows the real Ending time (for when you can no longer START any more of that month's quests).

But if you are currently running a quest, and (without red-door exiting the quest) just go back to Main Fight menu, you will see the Panel showing “CONTINUE”, and the Timer on top of that will show you having an extra day in order to finish that particular quest you are currently running (like your examples).
    This is accurate, but also horribly misleading. On most occasions, I am going to see that timer and believe that is how long I have to complete any of the quests in the EQ, not just the current one. I can't finish AND start another AND get an extra day. I only have an extra day if I'm in a quest when the timer ticks over.

This is not great design.