**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Domino the worst of her trinity?

Comments

• NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes, give her a buff too pls
    Kerneas said:

Show me easier-to-access damage than Domino w trinity. You enter the very first fight and roll. Who else can do it so efficiently?

Well if you want it, ghost, Colo with omega synergy,wasp, archangel, CMM in the second fight with nf synergy, nf himself, corvus and or with suicides, most of those have better damage/are very close, all of them have actual utility and unlike domino aren't rng reliant
  • No, she’s still the best of her trinity

this shouldn’t exist

She’s fine. Doesn’t need a buff, still works well.

This
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    No, she’s still the best of her trinity

Kerneas said:

Show me easier-to-access damage than Domino w trinity. You enter the very first fight and roll. Who else can do it so efficiently?

Well if you want it, ghost, Colo with omega synergy,wasp, archangel, CMM in the second fight with nf synergy, nf himself, corvus and or with suicides, most of those have better damage/are very close, all of them have actual utility and unlike domino aren't rng reliant
    This RNG reliance argument is nonsense - she does MASSIVE damage with her heavies, and you bring the trinity with her for the parry heavy playstyle. My 6* rank 2 domino regularly putts out around 100k worth of damage with heavies before she even gets to a sp2.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Yes, give her a buff too pls
    FiiNCH said:

Kerneas said:

This RNG reliance argument is nonsense - she does MASSIVE damage with her heavies, and you bring the trinity with her for the parry heavy playstyle. My 6* rank 2 domino regularly putts out around 100k worth of damage with heavies before she even gets to a sp2.
    So you're saying that having your entire utility and damage kit being solely on rng is acceptable? And the need to bring a synergy just so you don't have to rely on rng for damage only and still being rng reliant for utility makes for an amazing champion? Call me crazy but I'd rather use Colossus in this case

FiiNCH said:

Kerneas said:

So you're saying that having your entire utility and damage kit being solely on rng is acceptable? And the need to bring a synergy just so you don't have to rely on rng for damage only and still being rng reliant for utility is an amazing champion? Call me crazy but I'd rather use Colossus in this case
    I don’t understand your first sentence? I didn’t say she was an amazing champion either. I said she’s not RNG reliant and she puts out huge damage with her heavies, which aren’t RNG.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    No, she’s only behind Rulk
    For an early account, Domino. Admittedly, she can carry someone through Act 5.

For a later account, Rhulk is extremely valuable in AW right now while the other 2 synergy members aren't really going to be valuable anywhere.
    FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

For a later account, Rhulk is extremely valuable in AW right now while the other 2 synergy members aren't really going to be valuable anywhere.

I did entire paths in act 7 itemless just using domino with the trinity....
    I did entire paths in Act 7 itemless with no one but Wasp. I'm sorry, Act 7 was really fun, but it was also really easy. You can't brag about someone being able to do paths in content that do nothing but give you double the damage.
    Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

I did entire paths in Act 7 itemless with no one but Wasp. I'm sorry, Act 7 was really fun, but it was also really easy. You can't brag about someone being able to do paths in content that do nothing but give you double the damage.
    It’s not a brag, you just said she wasn’t valuable anywhere which is wrong. She’s also good for some lanes in act 6.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Question, what makes rulk so good specifically in AW? I mean I know he's a beast but why is he so valuable in AW especially?
    Finch, then I'm sorry but you're either in really low tier war or your alliance mate is making poor decisions cause Domino brings absolutely nothing to war but damage, which tons of other champs can do much more reliably. (Old comment sent to the AoA)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Question, what makes rulk so good specifically in AW? I mean I know he's a beast but why is he so valuable in AW especially?

He’s really really good against Hazard shift, which is on path 9 (one of, if not, the hardest paths in high tier). Also a mini boss on boss island is hazard shift.

He is good for other fights too, but he destroys hazard shift being immune to both DOT
    Qacob said:

His ability to do Hazard Shift when people Quake and Ghost-proof it along with his extreme tankiness, ability to bypass Protect, and him being able to do lots of damage just with basic combos.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

It’s not a brag, you just said she wasn’t valuable anywhere which is wrong. She’s also good for some lanes in act 6.
    She shines in a few lanes in act 6 where she is the only really good option.(namely, PULL and Selective Timestream)

And every champ shines in act 7. That cant be an argument, i was bored last night so i did a lane with a duped 6* Agent Venom and Mile Morales. Not impressive.

As for AW, if you are p3 and up, chances are Domino wont be on your team because youll need more counters to stuff so no trinity.

Domino is still great, but she isnt incredibly helpful in endgame content.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

He’s really really good against Hazard shift, which is on path 9 (one of, if not, the hardest paths in high tier). Also a mini boss on boss island is hazard shift.

He is good for other fights too, but he destroys hazard shift being immune to both DOT
    Etjama said:

Qacob said:

His ability to do Hazard Shift when people Quake and Ghost-proof it along with his extreme tankiness, ability to bypass Protect, and him being able to do lots of damage just with basic combos.
    Thanks for the insight, not really doing AW so I wasnt sure what made him so good.
    edited March 2021
    Etjama said:

Finch, then I'm sorry but you're either in really low tier war or your alliance mate is making poor decisions cause Domino brings absolutely nothing to war but damage, which tons of other champs can do much more reliably. (Old comment sent to the AoA)

Tier 4 in war. And how can you say he’s making a bad decision if he’s clearing his lane? Your confusing my point though. I’m not trying to say she’s amazing but you categorically saying she isn’t useful past act 5 is plain and simply wrong.
    FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

Tier 4 in war. Your confusing my point though. I’m not trying to say she’s amazing but your categorically saying she isn’t useful past act 5 is plain and simply wrong.
    She has uses, but there are very few lanes where she is the best option or shines for that matter.

However, Horsemen Domino is very valuable imo.

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

She shines in a few lanes in act 6 where she is the only really good option.(namely, PULL and Selective Timestream)

And every champ shines in act 7. That cant be an argument, i was bored last night so i did a lane with a duped 6* Agent Venom and Mile Morales. Not impressive.

As for AW, if you are p3 and up, chances are Domino wont be on your team because youll need more counters to stuff so no trinity.

So if I can’t use that argument surely you can’t use the argument ‘she isn’t good past act 5 and isn’t useful in any other content’. I’ll reiterate (again), I’m not saying she’s the best champ, but I’m offering other opinions to people saying she’s straight up trash. @Masterpuff
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

So if I can’t use that argument surely you can’t use the argument ‘she isn’t good past act 5 and isn’t useful in any other content’. I’ll reiterate (again), I’m not saying she’s the best champ, but I’m offering other opinions to people saying she’s straight up trash. @Masterpuff
    She definitely isnt straight up trash. But your reasoning makes no sense, past act 5 is act 6, which is WAY harder than act 5 and 7. She is alright in act 6, not trash, but not anything to write home about. And act 7 could be done with complete garbage— that said, there are a few lanes that domino annihilates. Including all the stun vulnerability lanes.
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

I guess it depends on how you're trying to describe "valuable". I'm trying to talk realistically here. Just because an alliance mate is bringing her into war and clearing his path doesn't mean she's actually valuable in war. Cause I guarantee if he can do a war fight with Domino, I could that fight with Agent Venom. She has a very small amount of Act 6 lanes where she shines and even then, she's not the best option.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Eh she doesnt need buff but i'd almost always use rulk over her

yeah rhulk is really unique but domino is mostly damage which other champs provide
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

She definitely isnt straight up trash. But your reasoning makes no sense, past act 5 is act 6, which is WAY harder than act 5 and 7. She is alright in act 6, not trash, but not anything to write home about. And act 7 could be done with complete garbage— that said, there are a few lanes that domino annihilates. Including all the stun vulnerability lanes.
    My reasoning makes no sense? What reasoning are you even talking about?

I replied to @Etjama who said she isn’t useful for anything past act 5. I gave some credible scenarios from my own experience where I’ve used her or seen her used. How does that make no sense...

Haters: domino is trash, you can’t use her past act 5 and anyone who doesn’t agree with me is wrong

Reasonable response: well actually she’s quite useful for x,y,z in act 6/7

Haters: ThAT dOeSNt CoUnT, aNyONE CoULD dO iT
    Well yes, if anyone can do it and have an easy time, it really shouldn't count. I could use Miles Morales for Act 7 paths or bring him to war for some stupid reason and I could probably get through it, that doesn't make him valuable in those places.
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

FiiNCH said:

Etjama said:

My reasoning makes no sense? What reasoning are you even talking about?

I replied to @Etjama who said she isn’t useful for anything past act 5. I gave some credible scenarios from my own experience where I’ve used her or seen her used. How does that make no sense...

Haters: domino is trash, you can’t use her past act 5 and anyone who doesn’t agree with me is wrong

Reasonable response: well actually she’s quite useful for x,y,z in act 6/7

Haters: ThAT dOeSNt CoUnT, aNyONE CoULD dO iT
    The reasoning that people cant say she is useless past act 5 because act 7 can be done with anyone. Act 7 is not endgame content imo, its kinda just a fun piece of content. Act 6 is far more challenging.

Wasnt responding to that. Not that i agree.

“She is quite useful for 2 specific lanes in act 6 and much of act 7”— thats a reasonable answer.