**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Shard deal to come

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So, everyone who has played this game knows the drill by now: Kabam offers a deal, then invalidates that deal with a game changing announcement, then offers a deal to placate the "scorned masses".

So in 5/30 we will see new 5* added to the basic crystal, which means before then we will see the typical "Heres your chance to buy shards to get a chance to dupe your favorite champ before we add new ones" deal. Any thoughts on what price point will be? Maybe this can be our chance to proactively tell Kabam a value before the "deal" pops up..

Comments

• Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Standard Kabam price point has been $300 for a 10k 5* shards. The 5* daily card offer $100 for 5k shards over a month. So there are your price points....a lot of money.
  • Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Standard Kabam price point has been $300 for a 10k 5* shards. The 5* daily card offer $100 for 5k shards over a month. So there are your price points....a lot of money.

True but standard is not a deal.

I expect 5k shards up front and another 5k over a month for $99
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    I am thankful for the announced changes. This 5 ★ hamster wheel crazed chase had to come to an end, it was unhealthy. With that said, I did a bit of cost calculation using loose calculation and this is my current value of the 5 ★ shards. No point to keep trying for newest champs or obtaining rare resources. Somehow in all the mess, I was suffering and I allowed it to continue... time to go back to the root and enjoy this mobile game for what it is!

e6OIQD8l.png[/img]
  • Options
    EdirEdir Posts: 2
    Gosto muito desse jogo sou viciado
    Gostaria que vocês me desse minha conta de volta
  • Options
    superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited May 2017
    DalBot wrote: »
    nfh5yffofyj5.png

Exactly as predicted...

Well done - care to share the winning Powerball numbers tonight?
  • Options
    DalBot wrote: »
    nfh5yffofyj5.png

Exactly as predicted...

Well done - care to share the winning lottery Powerball numbers tonight?

• Options
    But in all seriousness these tiered deals are absolutely awful. If you need 5K shards you have no choice but to buy all three deals. Instead of simply dropping the 6K units you have to drop 10K, essentially an extra $140 US. That is putrid and absolutely unethical.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Nice call dude! Nailed it!
  • Options
    To be honest i think 5 star deals should be pricey. For most of us it takes quite a while to collect those shards and if going for featured then it us even longer. Start making these deals super cheap then everyone will be running around with 5 stars.

However I wouldn't spend the money anyway not because i dont have it but it would cost me over 500 dollars Canadian to perhaps land am iron patriot or colossus which would certainly make me throw my phone across the room. Perhaps if it was a selected list of heros and removed the crappy ones but even if one crappy hero was in that list well i am sure i would get it
  • Options
    FlazinatorFlazinator Posts: 126
    I wouldn't pay $500 for a character even if I could specifically buy a character. It's just way too overpriced imo.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Nailed it! Seriously this is getting old.
  • Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    At this point a basic 5* champion should cost no more than $100, but as long as people keep buying these offers, the prices will stay where they are now.
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    When they announced the new changes to the 5* Basic Pool, most of the people seemed to get excited--except for me. I do not like the Basic Pool being expanded AT ALL. Not one bit and the reason is that now it is going to be extremely difficult to dupe any of your champions. This means that we can expect to see tons of 5* Awakening Gem offers in the near future.

Personally, I like to have AT LEAST one duped champion per class. Today I thankfully duped my 5* Yellow Jacket so now I have at least one duped champion per class, EXCEPT for Skill.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    So this is a bit of a discount. The old deals were $300 U.S. for 10k shards now it is $340ish for 15k. So there is a bit of a "discount"
  • Options
    mjuevosmjuevos Posts: 2
    similar to when you say a word over and over it loses its meaning.

imagine or flash back to a time prior to you playing this game. if someone came up to you and offered you a character in a mobile game, could be your fav character of all time for $500.. what would be your reaction? exactly.

through stress/reward cycling you, kabam has successfully reprogrammed you to a new reality where some would actually consider spending $100 for a few t4ccs or $500 for a silly character.

but, not all is lost. if once reprogrammed, twice is possible. reprogram yourself to an older state where spending $5 on a game where theres still 1.2billion people in poverty is a complete outrage.
  • Options
    KvotheKvothe Posts: 1
    Terrible offer...