**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank up out of sorrow

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
So yesterday I explored Cav EQ and was able to open a 6*, my 22nd one. I pulled this:

Which saddenned me, because I am still waiting to pull some banger of a champion, and my 6* roster doesn't look very good:

It's not absolutely terrible, but not too cheering.

But back to the story: yesterday I was pretty sad about the pull so I decided to rankup a champion whom I enjoy playing and intend to play a lot more:

And I am loving him! Best decision I could've made. He is really fun to play, has crazy animations and pretty unique kit. People say he has low block proficiency, but that's part of the plan. His abilities allow him to regen 3% missing health whenever enemy loses a buff. So, low block prof = more damage taken = more regen. It is dynamic balance of system that returns to equilibrium.

So yea, I have just wanted to share my joy from Mojo, I have mystic 3-4 gem from Act 6 completion, so when I get some iso, I will rank him up. Thanks for reading and have a nice day everyone!

Comments

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 533 ★★★
    And Longshot. I know some people under appreciate him, but my 5* has done a lot for me. I use him all the time.
  • Options
    Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    edited March 2021
    Op have Falcon, Mysterio, Aegon, She hulk, Omega, NT and Longshot still not happy.
    World is becoming a very sad place. 😧😧
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Op have Falcon, Mysterio, Aegon, She hulk, Omega, NT and Longshot still not happy.
    World is becoming a very sad place. 😧😧

To be fair, 3 of those need max sig
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I think I actually understand the OP’s position—it’s not as if he thinks his top 4-5 6*’s are terrible, just that he doesn’t have what one would consider among the top flight in game. And pulls like classic Spidey really sting.

On the other hand, he’s got a great 5* lineup on profile with CapIW, CMM, Guardian and Void all at R5.

The 6* issue as I see it is the utter decrepitude at the bottom of the pool.

Take the 6* Spidey pull. How is it possible that Spider-Man can be terrible in a Marvel game? How is it possible that perhaps his most significant power—spider sense—requires you to pull him not once but twice to activate (while champs like MrF have evade as part of their standard kits)? And when you do get your second 6* Spidey, his evade actually has the effect of making it harder to play him on attack?

Don’t get me wrong—at 700K rating and under 10K PVP, the OP has a pretty decent 6* slate. No room for major complaints. But old-line Marvel champs like Spidey, Dormammu, Cyke filling that roster with little to no use seems wrong to me.

Dr. Zola

Dormammu has great power control just needs a damage tune up
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Congrats on the 5* mojo rank up. I’m glad you enjoy him and ranked him up. Now your next quest is to get that sig up.
  • Options
    bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157

DrZola said:

I think I actually understand the OP’s position—it’s not as if he thinks his top 4-5 6*’s are terrible, just that he doesn’t have what one would consider among the top flight in game. And pulls like classic Spidey really sting.

On the other hand, he’s got a great 5* lineup on profile with CapIW, CMM, Guardian and Void all at R5.

Take the 6* Spidey pull. How is it possible that Spider-Man can be terrible in a Marvel game? How is it possible that perhaps his most significant power—spider sense—requires you to pull him not once but twice to activate (while champs like MrF have evade as part of their standard kits)? And when you do get your second 6* Spidey, his evade actually has the effect of making it harder to play him on attack?

Don’t get me wrong—at 700K rating and under 10K PVP, the OP has a pretty decent 6* slate. No room for major complaints. But old-line Marvel champs like Spidey, Dormammu, Cyke filling that roster with little to no use seems wrong to me.

Dr. Zola

Now if he got buffed then kabam would remove his power lock and power control on his sp2 and add something similar to hood's mechanics
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

and block proficiency. I have an r5 and i will never ever use him on attack.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

The thing is, I have solid 5/65 5* roster, which I will put into Spoiler for clarity:

CapIW
    Void
    Sorcerer Supreme
    Venom
    CMM
    Sentinel
    Guardian
    Apoc
    Domino
    Colossus

But I feel like the time has come for me to more focus on 6*s. Afterall, Act 7 directly benefits bringing 6* champions and TB needs 6* r3.

So while I have really nice 5* base to build on, my 6*s aren't the fittest. It will be rather a compromise to find a fitting 6* to r3. Yea, r3 Doc Ock is nice, but r3 G2099 or Guardian are another league. Same Longshot versus Kali, Doom or Claire. I know many people rankup even worse champs (I have seen first r3 Korg or Cyclops), but even champs like Mysterio aren't the general go-to
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Congrats on the Mojo rank-up!
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Tbh I would love an OG Spidey 6*. All the old classic champs are so fun to use IMO.
  • Options
    ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 260 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Tbh I would love an OG Spidey 6*. All the old classic champs are so fun to use IMO.

U can have my awakened one
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

The thing is, I have solid 5/65 5* roster, which I will put into Spoiler for clarity:

CapIW
    Void
    Sorcerer Supreme
    Venom
    CMM
    Sentinel
    Guardian
    Apoc
    Domino
    Colossus

But I feel like the time has come for me to more focus on 6*s. Afterall, Act 7 directly benefits bringing 6* champions and TB needs 6* r3.

So while I have really nice 5* base to build on, my 6*s aren't the fittest. It will be rather a compromise to find a fitting 6* to r3. Yea, r3 Doc Ock is nice, but r3 G2099 or Guardian are another league. Same Longshot versus Kali, Doom or Claire. I know many people rankup even worse champs (I have seen first r3 Korg or Cyclops), but even champs like Mysterio aren't the general go-to
    Have a play with Mysterio - he's quirky, but underrated. His Immunity to AAR is so useful, with Kabam throwing increasing numbers of nodes like Hard Knock Life, and random concussions for dodging backwards at us. And it's nice to have a Tech Champ who can take on Magneto apart from Star Lord/Rocket/Yondu.

I was researching my next Tech to R5 the other day and comparing the damage output of (Unawakened) Mysterio Vs Awakened Sentinel Vs Awakened Darkhawk (Sig 160). No synergies used.

I didn't expect it, but Mysterio out-damaged both of the other two, even with Sentinel fully ramped up and spamming SP2s; and Darkhawk spending most of the fights in Null mode.

He's definitely a bit 'different' to the average Tech champ; with great Poison damage, and utility like Miss, Power Drain, and damage reflection. Try him out, and see if you think he's worth the R2...
  • Options

Kerneas said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

CapIW
    Void
    Sorcerer Supreme
    Venom
    CMM
    Sentinel
    Guardian
    Apoc
    Domino
    Colossus

Have a play with Mysterio - he's quirky, but underrated. His Immunity to AAR is so useful, with Kabam throwing increasing numbers of nodes like Hard Knock Life, and random concussions for dodging backwards at us. And it's nice to have a Tech Champ who can take on Magneto apart from Star Lord/Rocket/Yondu.

I was researching my next Tech to R5 the other day and comparing the damage output of (Unawakened) Mysterio Vs Awakened Sentinel Vs Awakened Darkhawk (Sig 160). No synergies used.

I didn't expect it, but Mysterio out-damaged both of the other two, even with Sentinel fully ramped up and spamming SP2s; and Darkhawk spending most of the fights in Null mode.

He's definitely a bit 'different' to the average Tech champ; with great Poison damage, and utility like Miss, Power Drain, and damage reflection. Try him out, and see if you think he's worth the R2...
    I like Mysterio. I played him a lot and he is fun to play - the SP1 regen is super useful. However I have almost a magical ability to always mess up while playing him. Just like my parries, intercepts and dexes were missing and I cant even chain his combo into SP consistently. Thats why I dont play him much. I fully acknowledge he is great champion
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

is Falcon not a banger of a champ? She-Hulk?

Falcon absolutely! Crown jewel of my 6* collection. She Hulk is difficult as heck, but great. Also Gwen, Doc Ock and Mysterio are good.

But by saying absolute banger I meant champions in league of Apoc and Nick, just as @ItsDamien sarcastically said. Falcon is really really great champion and I am very happy with him, but unless he is dupped at least, he is outshined by about a dozen available champions, from whom I do not yet own any.

Edit: AND Longshot is also great.
    You have Aegon and Omega already on only 22 pulls. That’s insane luck and great additions for your account in the future. What did you expected with so few pulls to have them already at lvl200?
    I’m not trying to be critical or offensive there, but your roster is way above average.
    I’m at 70+ 6* pulls and my roster doesn’t look significant better f.e.
    As for r3 someone for Thronebreaker, you already have a good option on each class and that’s rare for a 20ish 6* roster.

• Options
    Greekhit said:

Kerneas said:

is Falcon not a banger of a champ? She-Hulk?

Falcon absolutely! Crown jewel of my 6* collection. She Hulk is difficult as heck, but great. Also Gwen, Doc Ock and Mysterio are good.

But by saying absolute banger I meant champions in league of Apoc and Nick, just as @ItsDamien sarcastically said. Falcon is really really great champion and I am very happy with him, but unless he is dupped at least, he is outshined by about a dozen available champions, from whom I do not yet own any.

Edit: AND Longshot is also great.
    You have Aegon and Omega already on only 22 pulls. That’s insane luck and great additions for your account in the future. What did you expected with so few pulls to have them already at lvl200?
    I’m not trying to be critical or offensive there, but your roster is way above average.
    I’m at 70+ 6* pulls and my roster doesn’t look significant better f.e.
    As for r3 someone for Thronebreaker, you already have a good option on each class and that’s rare for a 20ish 6* roster.

You are right, it's pretty lucky. Too bad they require awakening, because the chances of pulling them again are incredibly small, unless a featured will appear