**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How did Odin make it past the testing phase?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Odin's kit is unbelievably flawed. For one, he doesn't have nearly enough utility. Literally a 7 second true strike and that's about it. Secondly, he has a weird Odinsleep mechanic where he can't play some fights, a major weakness to the champion. So many champions can do every fight and do much more damage and have much more utility. Odin does not have one single piece of utility nor crazy damage to make him worth anything in the contest. He's a massive disappointment.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    Tbh he looks decent, like someone you would bring on a team to use occasionally, and not like Ghost who is the only champ used on a team for stuff. He'll be useful for newer players, but definitely not meta-dominating
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'm going to post a thread a created but which got basically no views and no comments.

"Why Isn't Odin Shock Immune"

I know, I know. People hate these threads, but I'm genuinely curious what the thought process was behind designing Odin without some sort of interaction with shock....especially after his motion comic highlighted him talking about how Thor has the thunder but Odin created the storm.

OG Thor: 40% shock resistance.
    Ragnarok Thor: Shock debuffs shrugged off 40% faster.
    Jane Foster: 70% shock resistance.

So why does Odin's base kit have no interaction at all with shock? At the very least shouldn't he have a higher shock resistance than those above? Or, since it's Odin, maybe he somehow benefits from having a shock placed on him (such as passive power gain or dealing bursts of true damage to the enemy on each hit as long as a shock is placed on him)? Just seems strange that the only part of his kit with anything about shock resistance is with his pre-fight/cross-fight ability where he can apply a 70% shock resistance to anyone on the team except for himself...
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I want him lol. Would r3 him easy.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Heimdall 2.0
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    He's basically Heimdall with better (but still meh) attack and worse synergies.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★

seriously though his damage in ROL was awesome
    everywhere else i guess his damage was ok with odinsleep
    weaving in heavies shouldnt be a problem for a lot of fights

the not doing every fight is fine but bit too forced
    like its fine if we dont play apoc every other fight so he can get some regen
    but its odd if a champ loses damage because he needs someone else to win a fight

I need to see if the next champ loses the fight and then will he get the odinsleep or not by the wording it seems like he wont but then again from one of the videos it shows he can get odinsleep back for the same fight if revived

hopefully we can find some uses for him same as ihulk

iHulk has hundreds of uses wdym
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Yeah very disappointed. He should have also gotten a regen after sleep too. basically like Dr. Voodoo does every fight. It wouldn't be too much. THen he would at least be more sustainable and good for suicides.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

This year's champs have been nothing short of extremely disappointing. 5/6 of them will have nearly no impact on the game, with the only good one, Stryfe, serving no purpose to anyone who has Aegon and until new everest content is released.

I feel like that’s kinda okay. They’re just fun additions to the games and are alternative options to do stuff instead of using the same champs over and over.

Plus who knows, maybe future content will have paths and fights that really let them shine like we’ve seen before
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Yes, his mechanic is that he has to rest between fights. That's how Odin works, both in Marvel and in Norse mythology. Tbh I find this idea in particular to be great. Rest of his kit doesn't impress me. The frequency of buff refreshing he requires is actually outrageous
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Honestly don't know what to say. I mean his damage of sp2 with many buffs and all is pretty sweet. Other than that, he ain't got much. Next 5* featured is gonna be really terrible unless it contains the newly reworked, Ultra OP, meta defining Sentry.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Kabam made another oopsie.... The start of this year upto now looking a bit like the start of 2020.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Why are we still judging Champs 5 seconds after they come out?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

This year's champs have been nothing short of extremely disappointing. 5/6 of them will have nearly no impact on the game, with the only good one, Stryfe, serving no purpose to anyone who has Aegon and until new everest content is released.

I feel like that’s kinda okay. They’re just fun additions to the games and are alternative options to do stuff instead of using the same champs over and over.

Plus who knows, maybe future content will have paths and fights that really let them shine like we’ve seen before
    Yeah I guess, it's just that a lot of the new champs just need a little bit of tuning and they'll be solid. Like Skrull with more potent furies, or Psycho Man with increased base attack.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Yes, his mechanic is that he has to rest between fights. That's how Odin works, both in Marvel and in Norse mythology. Tbh I find this idea in particular to be great. Rest of his kit doesn't impress me. The frequency of buff refreshing he requires is actually outrageous

No I completely understand the mechanic, it's part of his comic book lore. But it serves no purpose, and is not actually in line with comic book lore. As Karatemike said, Odin sleeps once a year, not once every fight. Also, when sleeping, Odin regenerates in comics. Why does he not have that in game? Or not even regeneration in game, just something that makes the sleep worth it. Like Apoc for example does not have to slumber, but when he does, he regenerates health. However, unlike Odin, he does not become weaker when fighting twice in a row.