**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

10th 6r3 (It’s Wasp)

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I finally got to take my Wasp up to 6r3! I’m only a few frags away from forming my next Mystic t5cc and that’s going into Hood.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Ant-Man when
  • LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 290 ★★
    edited March 2021
    that hp :'(:'(:'(
    congrats tho
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Ant-Man when

When I dupe him.
    Vcee said:

🐳

I'm definitely not a whale lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I'm leaning toward taking mine to rank 3.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    You've got some solid but not necessarily common rank ups. I like it
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Nice! I love my R3 Wasp. So good
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

I finally got to take my Wasp up to 6r3! I’m only a few frags away from forming my next Mystic t5cc and that’s going into Hood.

I’d love a r3 6*. She’s unbelievably good, has an awful lot of hidden utility that you only start to recognise as you’re using her. She was my first 5/65 champ not long after she released and I still use her all the time now. Incredibly fun and extremely useful. Congrats on the r3, I hope to join you one day

She's well worth it, especially if you use Ghost a lot.

You've got some solid but not necessarily common rank ups. I like it

I like them too. I was going to take my Man-Thing up to r3 next, but I decided to go with Hood since I run Ghost so much now

I’d love a r3 6*. She’s unbelievably good, has an awful lot of hidden utility that you only start to recognise as you’re using her. She was my first 5/65 champ not long after she released and I still use her all the time now. Incredibly fun and extremely useful. Congrats on the r3, I hope to join you one day
    Her Petrify is nice as are her Power Stings and Concussion, but it's that damage that's so good. Especially her Sp3 with a decent combo.
    I also recently awakened my 6r3 Psylocke and it made a nice bump in her damage.

Her Petrify is nice as are her Power Stings and Concussion, but it's that damage that's so good. Especially her Sp3 with a decent combo.
    Her chain heavy allows her to get around an awful lot of stuff though. She’s a solid autoblock counter for example and can easily reset Aarkus. Her heavy attack creates enough distance to restart the timer for his armour break/coldsnap, so it’s really easy for her to avoid that. There are lots of situations where she can provide amazing utility, it just isn’t always obvious. I tried out Psylocke as a horseman recently and to be honest it was just broken. She was dropping 50k special attacks constantly and everything was critical. She has a very high crit damage multiplier when awakened, so that increased crit rate is actually a significant damage boost. If she had that in her base abilities I think a lot more people would use her. But I still mostly run her alone.

Her chain heavy allows her to get around an awful lot of stuff though. She’s a solid autoblock counter for example and can easily reset Aarkus. Her heavy attack creates enough distance to restart the timer for his armour break/coldsnap, so it’s really easy for her to avoid that. There are lots of situations where she can provide amazing utility, it just isn’t always obvious. I tried out Psylocke as a horseman recently and to be honest it was just broken. She was dropping 50k special attacks constantly and everything was critical. She has a very high crit damage multiplier when awakened, so that increased crit rate is actually a significant damage boost. If she had that in her base abilities I think a lot more people would use her. But I still mostly run her alone.
    Wasp against Dragon Man is another awesome interaction since she shuts off his power gain every time she passively stuns him.
    Psylocke is a beast as a horseman, but honestly, I almost never turn her into one when I'm running her with Apoc. She gains so much damage just from their synergy that the horseman ability is almost always better on a different mutant (usually Wolvie). I can easily get 100K heavies in a pretty short amount of time.

Wasp against Dragon Man is another awesome interaction since she shuts off his power gain every time she passively stuns him.
    Psylocke is a beast as a horseman, but honestly, I almost never turn her into one when I'm running her with Apoc. She gains so much damage just from their synergy that the horseman ability is almost always better on a different mutant (usually Wolvie). I can easily get 100K heavies in a pretty short amount of time.
    Yeah absolutely. There are just so many unique situations where wasp can completely shut down a fight. I actually killed Gwenperion in act 7 with wasp, it took a while but I wanted to prove it could be done haha. Definitely a fun fight even if it was a little long. But I agree with you on that synergy, that alone is really nice to have, I just don’t use apocalypse all that much because I’d rather bring in other champs who I enjoy more. But when I do have him there it’s a really nice bonus for Psylocke
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    She was my first and only R3 so far because I wanted to become Thronebreaker. Working on getting the rest of th Cosmic T5CC I need to take Corvus to R3 next! She is a lot of fun and pretty useful. She put in work against Cavalier Mangog this month.

She was my first and only R3 so far because I wanted to become Thronebreaker. Working on getting the rest of th Cosmic T5CC I need to take Corvus to R3 next! She is a lot of fun and pretty useful. She put in work against Cavalier Mangog this month.

Nice!
    Do you have other cosmic options than Corvus?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Congrats! She must be fun.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Debating between Wasp, iHulk, and Yellowjacket. Although YJ is a very distant third option due to the disappointing rework. Already have Torch and the chances of duping Thing, Void, or Beardo are remote with chances of getting any of those to sig 200 even less likely. Wish iHulk were practical to make my decision easier.
    Kennado said:

Debating between Wasp, iHulk, and Yellowjacket. Although YJ is a very distant third option due to the disappointing rework. Already have Torch and the chances of duping Thing, Void, or Beardo are remote with chances of getting any of those to sig 200 even less likely. Wish iHulk were practical to make my decision easier.

Definitely go with Wasp, she benefits from the extra health a lot more than iHulk does. I have a Sig200 6r3 Void and he’s pretty darn amazing.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

Absolutely go with iHulk. He becomes ridiculously tanky at r3, and his damage just gets more insane.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Awesome 😎
    She was my 1st R3, glass cannon but so much fun to use.
  • HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
    You don’t fully appreciate Wasp until you play her with the evade synergy from Nick Fury and Quake/AntMan.

Try being very aggressive with it—spam heavies in the corner even after the opponent gains a bar of power. Wasp has the extra evade movement with her shock to make it safer. Plus that shock from the evade counts as an intercept which is useful for lots of nodes.

Very few champs are more fun than Wasp being super aggressive with that synergy
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

as much as I want a yellow jacket buddy, wasp is easily the best choice
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

Definitely go with wasp. She’s by far the best option and is wonderful overall. I can’t say the same about either ihulk or Yellowjacket.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,803 Guardian
    edited March 2021
    Kennado said:

Dont sleep on YJ/ My alt, im taking him to R3 when i finish my science t5cc.

EDIT: YJ has the highest energy resist without dependance on sig, and third highest overall ( behind max sig mordo and guardian), incredibly tanky, has slow, heal reduction and petrify. And some sweeet powerstings.

She's well worth it, especially if you use Ghost a lot.
    Yeah that's why I am considering it. Took Ghost to rank 3 last month, and I prefer to have synergy team members I can use when needed. Wasp is hard to work when running recoil and such, but at rank 3 she should have enough health to survive a few fights.

Kennado said:

Dont sleep on YJ/ My alt, im taking him to R3 when i finish my science t5cc.

EDIT: YJ has the highest energy resist without dependance on sig, and third highest overall ( behind max sig mordo and guardian), incredibly tanky, has slow, heal reduction and petrify. And some sweeet powerstings.
    That's good to hear. I haven't explored YJ since the buff, but my 6s is unduped so I haven't considered ranking him up.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    I absolutely love her! Great choice for your 10th R3!