**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's variant and not Summer of Pain

jdeck59jdeck59 Posts: 1,035 ★★★★
Variant 5 August 2020
Variant 6 December 2020

Assuming Kabam follows their announced four month pattern it's variant 7.

Comments

• Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    I hope for some t2a in the rewards. Excited for the requirements.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’m hoping it’s a step up in difficulty from variant 6, and a step up in rewards personally.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

I’m hoping it’s a step up in difficulty from variant 6, and a step up in rewards personally.

But if it's hard all the uncollected and cav players will flood the forums
    That’s fine by me, we need to stop the trend of any hard content being blocked by community because they can’t complete it right away.
  • Options
    NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★

I just don't want the new variant to require having ranked up villain champs.

Going chronologically through past variants of eqs it'll be either cosmic based or gotg based which in both cases isn't good for me
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

it will be variant 7, and it will be super easy

Yep, the unfortunate reality. Probably gonna blitz day 1.
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Feels bad for all the endgame players but I am happy. Maybe that can comfort you guys :D.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Just remember that V4 was December 2019.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Going chronologically through past variants of eqs it'll be either cosmic based or gotg based which in both cases isn't good for me
    Sorry but what’s gotg?
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Yep, the unfortunate reality. Probably gonna blitz day 1.
    Ya, not a fan of this type of “content” but i also understand its not made for me so just take the free rewards and move on
    Yeah, me neither. I enjoy it on my second account because anyone with a tiny bit of skill could do that. Still, free rewards.
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    SWORD78 said:

Sorry but what’s gotg?
    Guardians of the Galaxy I assume.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

I don't think so. Only 1 Variant so far had a "theme" that was the same as what the quest was about. All other variants are either the opposite of their theme (mutant variant - tech boost, ant-man - XL boost, defenders tie-in - villain boost), or have no correlation at all.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

And it’ll be another relatively boring month
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Nah, a variant will help a ton. Sure, it is easy, but it has nice rewards and gives buffs to parts of your roster which is fun. They cant make permanent content every month. So ill take whatever we get with open arms no matter how easy it is.
    That’s the problem isn’t it need for end game contest and not cavalier. It’s how and why the game is dying for endgame there’s do’s not hav anything to do.

• Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    So it's Guardians themed which means
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Nah, a variant will help a ton. Sure, it is easy, but it has nice rewards and gives buffs to parts of your roster which is fun. They cant make permanent content every month. So ill take whatever we get with open arms no matter how easy it is.
    It’s just not gonna fill the content void enough for me, it’s been too long since actual difficult content came out, variant occupies me for maybe 6-8 hours, even if I split it up it’s only that much game time, and to be honest rewards for them aren’t too appealing for me
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

It’s just not gonna fill the content void enough for me, it’s been too long since actual difficult content came out, variant occupies me for maybe 6-8 hours, even if I split it up it’s only that much game time, and to be honest rewards for them aren’t too appealing for me
    Imagine thinking the game revolves around you because you are endgame. Variants are healthy for the game and give out good rewards for mid tier players (the majority).
    Imagine thinking I was saying the game revolves around me rather than saying why a variant won’t satisfy me
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    jdeck59 said:

I hope for some t2a in the rewards. Excited for the requirements.

What map does your alliance run?
    I'm in a retired alliance that does only 1bg map 4 and 1 bg aw. My personal life just doesn't allow me to run map 6 or higher.

I still have 4 t5b left from 7.1 exploration and have been needing t2a since my last 2 rank ups to r5 and r2.

I know this is just my opinion cause I dont play higher tier aq, but with 2 t5b in the rewards it would be nice to see some t2a as well.