**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How many points do you have in willpower?

2»

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited March 2021
    I run 3/3 willpower

Aleor said:

Without suicides you rarely have a debuff on you, especially in act 6 like content, where having it is often very punishing.

Can you elaborate on why having Willpower in Act 6 is punishing? I'm stuck in 6.2.6, and have 3/3 Willpower. I'm not sure what you mean.
    There’s one line in 6.3 with IMIW and possibly another in 6.4 with spectre but other than that he’s 100% wrong
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★
    I don’t run willpower
    Don't have glass canon too
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    I run 3/3 willpower
    If you do 3 points + recovery, you actually heal 0.8% per second, that's like 55% extra compared to only 1 point (something like that).
    I run 3/3 willpower

Real Men don't need Willpower 😎

I only have 32 units :'(
    You are absolutely right..they don't need it..but they use it anyway 😅.. I am running willpower, so I had to defend your claim.. just joking.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Always run max wether I have suicides or not
    I run 3/3 willpower
    MetalJake said:

I run 3/3 willpower. Wether I have suicides on or not. With suicides, minus the bleed, which can be turned into a regen with synergies, you heal +1 from the poison with willpower and salve maxes out... the poison becomes irrelevant. Your main focus is the temporary bleed Debuff and heath loss from specials....
    when not using suicides I run 3/3 in willpower and 1/3 in salve... you’ll be surprised how long you can last in the “_ debuff drains 100% health in 60 seconds” noded. You’ll last ab 2 mins... willpower has helped me survive SOOOOO MUCH and I’ve explored all the variants twice on both my accs explored acts 1-5 and 7.1... you won’t be let down investing in 3/3 willpower

Have you taken into account that the poison decrease your healing with 30% from all sources? I tried to calculate on this, but apparently I am not as good with math as I thought 😀
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152
    I run 3/3 willpower and suicides
    I have 2 builds 1 for season wars and 1 for off season wars.
    Season wars - I don’t run willpower as I don’t use suicides (don’t find much use out of willpower without them)
    Off season wars - I run 3/3 willpower with suicides.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Other
    I run max WP at all times. With or w/o suicides. 🧡
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    I run 3/3 willpower
    Had them off for a couple of years, have them on for the last year at 3/3. Have suicides but don't use them, they never excited me enough to cover the costs (recoil mainly)

Lots of non damaging debuffs that are good for a health top up in quests. OG cap is my best friend on an AQ path along with the science doombots which is good because the pot costs in AQ are insane.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I run 1/3 willpower
    1 point is enough for me. 1100 units for +0.2% is too much. I am not a good player, so 1100 units is one chapter clear for me (so for ex whole 6.3 cost me this much), and I dont think the willpower investment is more important
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I run 2/3 willpower
    Sadly only 2. Would love a 3rd but I can't get points out somewhere else.

• PrentexPrentex Posts: 297
    I ran 3/3 like forever but today i switched it off because i want to use more mastery points in attack (5/5 deep wounds and 4/5 assassin) and the fact that you have to have 15 points on defense just to unlock willpower just eats too many points, as i want to get mystic dispersion. I will try my first abyss run soon and think those are more important there.

Maybe after abyss i will switch back to willpower because the free healing from og cap or King Groot with the armor break is pretty nice
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I run 1/3 willpower
    Mauled said:

Aleor said:

Without suicides you rarely have a debuff on you, especially in act 6 like content, where having it is often very punishing.

Can you elaborate on why having Willpower in Act 6 is punishing? I'm stuck in 6.2.6, and have 3/3 Willpower. I'm not sure what you mean.
    There’s one line in 6.3 with IMIW and possibly another in 6.4 with spectre but other than that he’s 100% wrong
    They mean if you get a debuff in Act 6, it is often punishing, and not able to be canceled out by WP.
    I don't agree, but that's what they said
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I don’t run willpower
    Crcrcrc said:

Mauled said:

Aleor said:

They mean if you get a debuff in Act 6, it is often punishing, and not able to be canceled out by WP.
    I don't agree, but that's what they said
    Yes, that's what I meant
    Take 6.3.5 for example - every path with debuffs is either some dot, meaning you need immunity, or long distance relationship path, where you take damage, if you hit opponent while under weakness debuff. Max sig namor would be great for that path and would benefit from wp, but any other champ would not. For bleed nodes same for corvus - you can get some free heal, while his glace is active. But those are more of exception cases, not a general rule. As for champs who place unavoidable debuffs, those are pretty rare, if you're not getting hit.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    I run 3/3 willpower and suicides
    Will3808 said:

I’m trying to decide what to do with my masteries currently and I was wondering about how most of you feel about willpower. It looks useful but I don’t know how often it would proc and be helpful. I’m also not sure of how useful 1 point verses 3 is. So what do you guys run? If you could specific if you run suicides or not that would also be very helpful.

Without suicide more than 1 point is a waste.