Iso-8 drought

Nerdkid76Nerdkid76 Member Posts: 13
I don’t know if it’s just me or can anyone else even get very much iso. I’ve barely opened any 4* crystals which are normally my source of iso. I have 1 million gold and 10k glory and I can’t get the class based iso I want. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• PatientZeroPatientZero Member Posts: 21
    Nope. I am currently sitting at 8 million gold and just sold 500 ISO. Between the alliance war, quest and weekly rewards I get 2-3 4*s a week. Wish I had more info for you.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    Iso is always a drought although side-quests like this months and last months are a wonderful addition.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Member Posts: 222 ★★★
    Best way to get ISO is to make sure you are getting that basic champ every arena at the very least. That way when you get it off of a 4 star, you get the dupe which gives ISO. I have also been getting an insane amount of 4 stars from the PHC shard crystals...So it just compounds on itself.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    ChriissR said:

Daddrieda said:

Getting tired of this.... the game provide you enough recourses for you to work for. You gotta work for it. Now I don’t give a flying F if you don’t wanna do arena, but PHC shards in arenas is the best main sources for those ISO. As for me I got lots of ISO in Stack overflowing and I like it because I know I don’t have issues at all. I may not have an job or kids, but I don’t give a damn because it’s on me to work for those recourses and my time I choose to spend on. Now for you I would just simple suggest to make time or try to find a day off time to work for those ISO or simply just ignore the issue and continue what’re you’re doing now.

Why are you so mad tho? You know you can skip this thread and move on? We don't really need your comment lol
    Oh I’m not mad, I was just being direct.
    Jesus. A few comments got deleted and it’s causing the thread to be confusing. A smart move to let the thread die.
    Anyway. I would suggest to do arenas as the recourses there is necessary for the game progression. There is PHC shards that can help with ISO drought, there is golds there in the first three milestones, there is BC that can net you golds and units, there is units to help you progress in game contents to continue giving your crystals after crystals which in turns generates more ISO, but you need to work for it. The only ISO drought is you not working for it. I don’t know how to balance the game with work or with kids, but I’m pretty sure there is always a balance somewhere to make time for it. It’s really down on you how to solve your issue.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Member Posts: 787 ★★★
    The biggest drought is caused by constant ranking of champions. Some feel they need to rank every champ they get and then cry iso/gold shortage when they can’t. Find the champs that work for you and rank accordingly.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

Best way to get ISO is to make sure you are getting that basic champ every arena at the very least. That way when you get it off of a 4 star, you get the dupe which gives ISO. I have also been getting an insane amount of 4 stars from the PHC shard crystals...So it just compounds on itself.

I never knew that the arena awards iso.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,956 ★★★★★
    It's a game where you have to manage resources. There is no drought, just resource mismanagement on your part
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

It's a game where you have to manage resources. There is no drought, just resource mismanagement on your part

How dare you make sense? You are obviously a whale who purchases every offer and opens thronebreaker featured crystals secretly only available to those that spend money. Damn youuuu. /s
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Drenlin said:

The biggest drought is caused by constant ranking of champions. Some feel they need to rank every champ they get and then cry iso/gold shortage when they can’t. Find the champs that work for you and rank accordingly.

You know the game has nearly 200 champs?
    Also, you know some people love collecting and playing with all champs, even if that is arena or just easy fun questing?
    We all know someone needs Quake, Ghost and a decade of few others beyond god tier champs to clear all content, but this is no reason to leave the rest mediocre or bad champs at r1 eternally 🙂
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    Nerdkid76 said:

I don’t know if it’s just me or can anyone else even get very much iso. I’ve barely opened any 4* crystals which are normally my source of iso. I have 1 million gold and 10k glory and I can’t get the class based iso I want. Anyone else have this problem?

Lots of people have this problem, most people don't have this problem. Everyone has a shortage problem, it is just different for everyone based on progression and playstyle.

If you think about it, the main resource activity in the game is acquiring and ranking up champions. So no matter how much stuff you have and how much stuff you can earn in the game, eventually one of two things will happen: you will run out of champs to rank up, or you will run out of something you need to rank them up. It will either be a catalyst or it will be ISO or it will be gold. For you it is ISO. If I handed you a billion ISO bricks, you would use them until you ran out of something else, and then that would be the drought.

Part of the game is managing resources, but managing resources doesn't mean if you're smart enough and play enough you never run out of anything. Rather, it means trying to keep your bottlenecks balanced against each other and managing your expectations for what's possible given your activity level.

Now, as to ISO, it sound like at your progression level you're focused on 4* champs. My recommendation if you're running out of ISO often is to focus on the dual class 4* crystals. Pick a dual class you want to focus on, and only open those. This way, you're more likely to duplicate champions of the same class as the ones you're also trying to rank up. 50% of your ISO from duplication will be for a class you want to rank up, or maybe even 100% of your ISO will be of the right class if you're targeting champs in both classes.

This is more efficient if you're starved for class-appropriate ISO. Just rotate the dual class crystals you're pulling when you start to deplete the champs you want out of the dual class you're opening, to balance things out. But by concentrating your pulls in only two classes at a time, you'll acquire resources more efficiently.
    Those champions are not going anywhere. You can stop yourself to make time to get those ISO.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Member Posts: 222 ★★★
    @The_Sentry06 obviously you didn’t read the entire message. Easiest way to get iso is dupes...easiest way to dupe is actually have the champ...the basic arena is minimal effort for a four star that once pulled again gives a ton of iso. Of course it won’t make a huge difference at first but if you at least get the basic champs eventually you’ll be duping every four star. Or at least close to it.