**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

do you like rng-base reward

yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
so for this month's side quest, we can get on average 5292 6 star shard(7fightsx28dayx0.09chancex300shards)

do you like rng-base reward 97 votes

yes
24%
DNA3000BitterSteelRaichu626PrathapKDSuperFlash10RockyshockyWine_LoverSquirrelguyJollyHawkMaxwell24MasterpuffIronGladiator22PlinkoDoctor_Strange19BrHunter67360ScrubhanCrcrcrcHI_guysThe_Sentry06Riptide 24 votes
no
75%
BigPoppaCBONEabn86VceeAce_03KDoggg2017GK_23Bpn88855Moises_HNojokejaymFurious_Fighter1p01arisSpurgeon14SandeepSyuwZsirhcZBuckyBruhPseudouberZeronaut81brandinhoDenzel116 73 votes

Comments

• Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    no
    I prefer to be screwed by RNG after I get the rewards and pop the crystals
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Don’t mind it unless it’s bad : /
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Honestly to me everything is good, need a lot of resources to rank up lower ranked 5* and higher ranked 5*, gold is dropped along the way..

If I don't get that many 6 star shards I'm fine with it but I understand that the RNG part may be not in everyone's favor.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    no
    Not typically but if the bottom floor of the rewards isn't total **** they can be pretty awesome when you get something good. However, I like stores with currency so you can pick what you need the most.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    yes
    I personally like it but get why others don’t, so I’ll never try and persuade someone that it’s good. I like the chance to get good stuff
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    no
    I hate them especially the Cav ones. I got 3 4*s total from all of those events. The Spider-Ham, CGR and Red Goblin, and the Valentine events
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    yes
    I prefer the chance of getting a bunch of 5*s, and the chance of getting a 6* more than not even a third of a 6*, and 1, sometimes 2 5*s. I don’t know about this sq, but I like cav crystals.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    yes
    Some decentish rewards from the objectives itself and I'm yet to get too lucky with RnG rewards but neither have I ever gotten bottom of the floor rubbish.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    no
    RNG is my friend..

Considering next month side quest, My most frequent combo will be

Gold
    T4B Frags
    T4CC Frags
    5* shards
    T2A Frags
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    yes
    Okay but to all those saying no...... you realize that a hero crystal is an RNG based reward.......that's essentially what this game is built on.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    yes

Okay but to all those saying no...... you realize that a hero crystal is an RNG based reward.......that's essentially what this game is built on.

Honestly, the world is full of evidence people prefer random rewards to fixed ones.

When people say they hate random rewards, what most of them mean is they hate losing. As do most people. But they are envisioning a world where all the chances of losing disappear while all the chances of winning remain. That's not how anything works. In reality, every time rewards are fixed and not random you end up with only average or below average rewards, not high ones. This isn't just commonplace, it is a truism. When all the rewards are the same, people *define* that to be average and boring.

People say they hate losing, but they ultimately hate having no chance to win even more. That's why people buy lottery tickets. They are trading the average sure thing for a random reward that is statistically worse. In other words, people are willing to trade something of certain value (cash) for something with statistically less value (on average lottery tickets are always worth less than the cash used to buy them) for a small chance to win.

Not only do people prefer random rewards over fixed rewards, they prefer them so much they are willing to pay a high premium for them. And studies have shown people willing to pay a premium for random rewards are not the minority, they are the overwhelming majority.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    no
    Put an offer in game (July 4th/cyber Monday) where you can pick the champ you want for X amount of units or money and watch every single spender/grinder buy it!

It's honestly beyond my mind why they haven't done this.

Make it a class crystal like the abyss one but with all current champs of that class.