**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Light Mode Option

SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Can you please add a light mode option for the forums' background? I have astigmatism and the dark mode is killing me every time I visit them, I m pretty sure I m not the only one who gets nauseous after reading half a topic.

Thank you.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah, the dark mode also messes with my eyes a fair amount. Have to take breaks every few minutes, or I could start tearing up a bit.

Same reason I don't use dark mode on my phone.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

I've always been under the impression dark mode is preferred over light mode for eye protection.
    Light mode hurts those who check the forums late at night. Perhaps a toggle instead of permanent?

Exactly, being able to switch and choose the best option for your eyes is important, and not that difficult to do. (Dark mode in general is less tiresome for your eyes yes, but if you already wear glasses for a reason the total black messes with your sight, I don't know how exactly to explain this in english :pensive:
    Can we do something about this issue or not? It's really painful to browse
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,732 ★★★★★
    As a fellow disabled person, I second this. Not because I need it myself (my disability lies elsewhere) but because I think it's important to accommodate others' needs as best you can. I don't know what it takes to implement such a feature, but if it's possible (and it should be, right?), then I think it's the right thing to do.

Plus, I personally feel that it would be nice as well. I have no medical reason for wanting a lighter tone to the site, I just think that the constant overbearing darkness is kind of dreary and off-putting. A spruce-up of lightness would be much appreciated, even for me.
    Ercarret said:

As a fellow disabled person, I second this. Not because I need it myself (my disability lies elsewhere) but because I think it's important to accommodate others' needs as best you can. I don't know what it takes to implement such a feature, but if it's possible (and it should be, right?), then I think it's the right thing to do.

Plus, I personally feel that it would be nice as well. I have no medical reason for wanting a lighter tone to the site, I just think that the constant overbearing darkness is kind of dreary and off-putting. A spruce-up of lightness would be much appreciated, even for me.

Thank you. The most common thing is to have the light version, and the dark "night" lights as an option. Except here lol