**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prof X - Falter ability

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
    At the moment, professor X can’t attack us when we hit him to get rid of the falter. I think if it was changed so it is a separate ability, the AI would be able to counter us if we hit in which would be harder
    That is an assumption which I don't agree. But, we are talking assumptions all along, I would like a moderator to confirm our assumption.
    But why change it now? You don’t always have a special available, and sometimes won’t want to use it and potentially waste it.

At the moment you can literally just tap a basic attack and it’s sorted. I don’t know what the big deal is
    Because if you do have a special attack ready, you could interrupt his channeling using that. If you use someone like CAIW or Storm X against Prof X, you could charge heavy and fire a special and he would not retaliate while channeling.
    So because of the off chance that you have an Sp2 ready when you want it with the handful of champions who charge their heavies, you would rather make it much more difficult for every other champion who can just use a light attack?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
    At the moment, professor X can’t attack us when we hit him to get rid of the falter. I think if it was changed so it is a separate ability, the AI would be able to counter us if we hit in which would be harder
    That is an assumption which I don't agree. But, we are talking assumptions all along, I would like a moderator to confirm our assumption.
    But why change it now? You don’t always have a special available, and sometimes won’t want to use it and potentially waste it.

At the moment you can literally just tap a basic attack and it’s sorted. I don’t know what the big deal is
    Because if you do have a special attack ready, you could interrupt his channeling using that. If you use someone like CAIW or Storm X against Prof X, you could charge heavy and fire a special and he would not retaliate while channeling.
    So because of the off chance that you have an Sp2 ready when you want it with the handful of champions who charge their heavies, you would rather make it much more difficult for every other champion who can just use a light attack?
    I am not trying to make anything difficult for anyone. I just gave out some examples. My initial query was why I could not launch specials, since it says in his spotlight that falter ends when special launches. There was a theory that may be it was because the game considers channeling as part of a special attack. There is no where in the spotlight that it says that. So, I would like it to be clarified. If it is the case, then change the spotlight to reflect that. No one wants a harder fight. Imagine if you fight him in Bane node or Brute force node where you need to hit him and he goes into channeling with falter active, you cant him and will take damage. So, its not just some conditions I mentioned, it is relevant in many places.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

His channeling is part of his special recovery. That is why you can't throw your special. Why don't you understand that?
    I understand perfectly what you are saying, what I am saying is,
    1) No where does it say in the spotlight or nowhere is it mentioned as such.
    2) That is only a theory put forward by some players, I would like an official confirmation.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    You realize falter also ends if you miss and wait for a few seconds right?

You realize falter also ends if you miss and wait for a few seconds right?

I know. People are reacting as if I am saying there is no other option. I am just asking if it is working as intended. I also mentioned cases where I may need to hit him as soon as possible like bane or brute force.
    Thank you @BlackTuran , @Batman_SinsOfAFather , @BitterSteel , @SwarmOfRavens , @te_dua_shum and others for trying to explain this interaction.
    I agree with the assumption is that the game is including the channeling as part of the special attack which is preventing me from launching the special. Whether that is intended or not is something Kabam has to answer . Hopefully someone will take a look at this thread and answer it.
    I had the exact same interaction with Mister sinister after he launched his sp1 when he is adjusting his cape. Only reason I found this interaction is I am trying to end all fights with sp1 for the Valhalla daily event. So, it caught me by surprise. if anyone has some new points, we can engage, otherwise we know where we stand and let's hope for kabam to explain.

Some champions like Venompool have a small dance-routine at the end of their special 2 which counts towards their special animation. You can interrupt it with a basic but can't throw a special while it running.

So this interaction is across the board and not specific to Prof X only.

My only gripe is that the description says channeling is a separate ability and not part of the specials. He does channel after every special, but that in itself does not mean they are part of the animation. If that is the case, kabam should clarify. In case of venompool and dead pool we know that it is part of the animation, we don't know that here.