**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

“Best champion of each class,” according to popular vote from forum members. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    Pretty accurate, I disagree with 1 or 2 placements
    Agree with all except Mutant & Cosmic
    Mutant: Apocalypse
    Cosmic: 💀🔥💙
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    100% accurate list
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Qacob said:

I believe ægon to have overall much more value than nick, which I think is a pretty unpopular opinion.

And magneto Vs omega is debatable. But I won't get into that. If you want to start that fight, there's only one man to tag.

😈 Mags vs. Omega is closer than I like to admit. But I'm still choosing Omega any day. Plus I personally view Corvus > Hype due to me always running full suicides
    I believe this is what you meant to say?
    Depends on the gamemode.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

smg1062 said:

NO more love for Glaive? My max duped 5* is an absolute killing machine and I just moved my 6* to R2. :/

Well, he's great; but act 7 healthpools aren't too friendly unfortunately...
    An R3 CG is great for Act 7. I used mine all over Act 7. The globals help him a lot.
    Not just a R3, I used my R5 for tons of paths on 7.1. The beneficial nodes let him destroy so much.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Qacob said:

I believe ægon to have overall much more value than nick, which I think is a pretty unpopular opinion.

And magneto Vs omega is debatable. But I won't get into that. If you want to start that fight, there's only one man to tag.

😈 Mags vs. Omega is closer than I like to admit. But I'm still choosing Omega any day. Plus I personally view Corvus > Hype due to me always running full suicides
    I believe this is what you meant to say?
    Nope. Of course Hype is better without suicides but imo, CG with suicides>Hype without due to his stupidly powerful sig. Just me though.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Colossus is slightly better than Magneto because he doesn't rely on a tag.

Cosmic class is tricky, but I don’t feel Hyperion is the very best. The top, sure, but not the number one.

I agree with NF, because he doesn't need to rely on so many fights to build-up like Aegon, so he is more broadly better.

I would even say, for mutant and cosmic there isn't one champion that really stands out.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Best science champion, to me, is Void. Partly because I am a terrible Quake player. He has amazing damage, utility, and sustainability.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Cosmic class is tricky, but I don’t feel Hyperion is the very best. The top, sure, but not the number one.

I agree with NF, because he doesn't need to rely on so many fights to build-up like Aegon, so he is more broadly better.

I would even say, for mutant and cosmic there isn't one champion that really stands out.

https://youtu.be/gxwvYYbnXDQ
    Accurate
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,565 ★★★★★
    I definitely disagree with the cosmic one. I’m not sure how I feel about the mutant.
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Mostly accurate but Corvus is the best imo
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,996 Guardian
    I think every option is reasonable, if I had to pick a weakest choice, not in terms of the champion strength but in terms of the least amount of consensus, it would probably be Hyperion. For the other classes, there are champs that overall are seen as rough equals, and arguably better, but I think with Hyperion there are people who think Hyperion is the top cosmic and there are people who think he shouldn't even be on the short list.

Personally, I would put CGR, CMM, and Corvus higher on my list of champs to rank up. I'm not sure if that's because they are "better" so much as I think they would do more for me in my roster, but that's how I see it.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Corvus > Hyperion
  • Options
    ŘïdđhįmŘïdđhįm Posts: 151
    I think ÆGON is te best in skill and in Cosmic it's CGR
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Almost spot on...

Hyperion is arguable. Yes he's good but I dunno, too close of a race with CGR, CG a very close third.. But yeah, I can understand why in some circumstances Hype> CGR, o even CG, but it's not that straightforward or etched in stone.

About Mags top mutant though? Absolutely not. Don't get me wrong, the guy's definetely a beast BUT, he's only that good against # metal, and that is precisely why he shouldn't be on the top spot. There's 198 champs in the game, of which 70 are #metal. This means that Mags is an exceptionally good counter against roughly 35% of the champs in the game. For the remaining 65% he is Ok, to average, to meh level. In fact inside the 35% champs he excels at, the ones that are #robot then arguably Medusa is the best counter ( Yes Mags is AWESOME against #robots, but for #robots Medusa is arguably even better, just my opinion ).

Of the other top champs in your list besides magneto, they are in that position because they can counter SO MANY NODES and SO MANY OTHER CHAMPS that that's why they are in the position they are in your list. Mags? Only for 35% of the games champs.. so numbers alone you can see why he shouldn't be on that top spot.

So, who then should be the top mutant then? It's a hard question, being the class stacked as it is, but imho Apocalypse, Collosus or OR are all ahead of Mags for that top spot. They can counter many more champs/nodes and have more utility than Mags in more situations than him. Hard for me to decide which of the three is at the top, but regardless any is more deserving of it than Mags.

And mind you, this is coming from someone who has a duped maxxed r5 Red Mags and a R2 6* Red Mags too. So it's not like I don't have him available for me to develop an informed opinion on the matter.

• Options
    edited April 2021

Colossus and Morningstar.

Dont @ me

@TheManMythLegend :

Dude I love you man. I respect your opinions in the forum, in fact, it is thanks to you that I ranked up and sigged up my MS, it is because of you that I saw the light of her greatness.

But as much as I love my MS and agree with you on how underrated she is and all , and about how many people sleep on her wothout realizing how awesome she actually is.....

... I'd have to disagree with you on her being Top Mystic. She is not, and will never be. Not even top 5.

The reason is very simple:

Each and every one of the arguments you might start as:

"Morningstar is the best mystic/better than X mystic because ......."

Can be easily shut down with the next phrase:

"Yep, word. True that. However , for that to be true you need to wait for 4/5 fights to happen first, and ideally helps if you are duped at max (or at least highish sig) whereas Doom, BWCV, SorcSupreme, SymSupreme, Tigra , Dragon Man, etc. all give you all of their greatness and all of their damage/utility from the get go, from fight #1. And all of it without even needing to be duped!"

MS situation is similar to Aegon's. Sure , he is #1 skill f you are doing Abyss, LoL, late Act 6 etc....but overall though? Nick is better in more situations because he is exceptionally good already from the get go on fight #1 and at sig level 1, doesn't even need more sig levels than that. In this sense, I would probably agree with you that MS is THE Mystic Queen OF INCURSIONS, for example. For the rest of the game though? BWCV, for example, is more of a "Queen" than MS will ever be: all of her utility and damage is there from the get go and no awakening is even needed.

That is why. Dude I am not trying to pick a fight with you. Again, I am thankful to you that you helped me to be privy of Morningstar's greatness. For that I appreciate all the Morningstar evangelization work you do in the forum. I am sure I am not the only you've helped see the light. I even encourage you to continue your MS evangelization, so less people will disrespect her. But sorry, each champ needs to be given it's rightful place and MS, in all her greatness , imho is not and can never be on the top 5 of the Mystics class. Top 6 or 7? Sure, maybe, but definitely no higher than that.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Only one I may disagree with is mutant but that’s mainly just because it’s hard to pick a 1 there because of depth. Mags though is in that running to cycle as the 1 depending on node or matchup.

Science I agree is quake even though I hate using her because her play style is just not for me.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★
    All are ok except for tech and cosmic, tech is guardian and cosmic is cgr
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I think Magneto doesnt really feel like a mutant, and I use him more as a Cosmic. I think the best mutant should be from Colossus, Omega Red or Apocalypse since I'd bring them reliably against Skill champs & just in general rather than against only #Metal
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    100% accurate list
    DNA3000 said:

I think every option is reasonable, if I had to pick a weakest choice, not in terms of the champion strength but in terms of the least amount of consensus, it would probably be Hyperion. For the other classes, there are champs that overall are seen as rough equals, and arguably better, but I think with Hyperion there are people who think Hyperion is the top cosmic and there are people who think he shouldn't even be on the short list.

Personally, I would put CGR, CMM, and Corvus higher on my list of champs to rank up. I'm not sure if that's because they are "better" so much as I think they would do more for me in my roster, but that's how I see it.

Just wondering, how would Corvus be higher than Hyperion? I have him and he's awesome but I mainly just use him for exploring easy quests quickly since in Act 6 I don't think he would be too good.
  • Options

Colossus and Morningstar.

Dont @ me

@TheManMythLegend :

Dude I love you man. I respect your opinions in the forum, in fact, it is thanks to you that I ranked up and sigged up my MS, it is because of you that I saw the light of her greatness.

But as much as I love my MS and agree with you on how underrated she is and all , and about how many people sleep on her wothout realizing how awesome she actually is.....

... I'd have to disagree with you on her being Top Mystic. She is not, and will never be. Not even top 5.

The reason is very simple:

Each and every one of the arguments you might start as:

"Morningstar is the best mystic/better than X mystic because ......."

Can be easily shut down with the next phrase:

"Yep, word. True that. However , for that to be true you need to wait for 4/5 fights to happen first, and ideally helps if you are duped at max (or at least highish sig) whereas Doom, BWCV, SorcSupreme, SymSupreme, Tigra , Dragon Man, etc. all give you all of their greatness and all of their damage/utility from the get go, from fight #1. And all of it without even needing to be duped!"

MS situation is similar to Aegon's. Sure , he is #1 skill f you are doing Abyss, LoL, late Act 6 etc....but overall though? Nick is better in more situations because he is exceptionally good already from the get go on fight #1 and at sig level 1, doesn't even need more sig levels than that. In this sense, I would probably agree with you that MS is THE Mystic Queen OF INCURSIONS, for example. For the rest of the game though? BWCV, for example, is more of a "Queen" than MS will ever be: all of her utility and damage is there from the get go and no awakening is even needed.

That is why. Dude I am not trying to pick a fight with you. Again, I am thankful to you that you helped me to be privy of Morningstar's greatness. For that I appreciate all the Morningstar evangelization work you do in the forum. I am sure I am not the only you've helped see the light. I even encourage you to continue your MS evangelization, so less people will disrespect her. But sorry, each champ needs to be given it's rightful place and MS, in all her greatness , imho is not and can never be on the top 5 of the Mystics class. Top 6 or 7? Sure, maybe, but definitely no higher than that.
    I respect your opinion. But heres where i disagree with most. I dont think she sucks ramping up. And her greatness comes at 4 souls. Which is more often then not in the 2nd fight for me. To determine who is the best champ you gotta look at what each champ covers. And i just simply find that she covers more then the rest. Most know that im a huge fan of the mystic class. It got some of my fav champs and i love em. I am not a doom hater at all and i value him very highly.

Heres the beauty of this game tho. You have A LOT of champions and you can see around on the forum that people have different ideas on whos best and thats a good thing in my book. Long gone are the days of sw>> everyone else.

I dont need people to agree with me on her beeing the best mystic. Thats never why i started making vids. What im trying to fight is injustice done to a lot of champs. I see value in almost every champ and i like proving you dont have to be disappointed just because you didnt get what you want. If people wanna disagree with where i rank champs tho then that is 100% fine and i encourage everyone to make up their minds on who they prefer themselves
    Uhm, sorry for asking but how can you get 5
    Souls on a 2nd fight? It's one soul per fight right? I get it that if she's duped all you need is 4 fights for getting that juicy regen on hit, if duped and with Gully you need 3. I get it that of course the perfect block and energy resist get good at 4 souls , but still you need the 5 souls for the regen. Max sig and a Arc Overload node would probably be a among the cases where that 5th soul would be moot, but otherwise you do want that 5th soul for the regen, specially if you are running G2099 synergy.... you'd want that extra crit right?
  • Options
    Qacob said:

https://youtu.be/gxwvYYbnXDQ
    It is true though. DO NOT DISRESPECT MY MAN
  • Options

Col relies on synergies tho, and mags is way better for the current war meta/7.1
    Colossus is insane with synergies, but he does pretty fine without them. You do need his sig to build-up AU buffs. Just heavy spam everything into oblivion.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

Col relies on synergies tho, and mags is way better for the current war meta/7.1
    Colossus is insane with synergies, but he does pretty fine without them. You do need his sig to build-up AU buffs. Just heavy spam everything into oblivion.
    This although he becomes a different monster altogether with synergies.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Tech: Ghost
    Mutant: Magneto
    Skill: Nick Fury
    Science: Quake
    Mystic: Doctor Doom
    Cosmic: CGR