**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RoL Suggestions requested

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
Looking to go for ROL in the upcoming couple of weeks and am looking for recommendations and tips on how to best get myself prepared. I've watched Seatin's youtube video (including his Spidergwen run). I've beaten WS a couple times with my X23, but haven't made it past Capt Marvel.

I have a very Parry-heavy style of play and am working on my evasion skills against specials (but currently take a lot of block damage).

Current team of champs would be:
R5 Guilly (Sig 55)
R5 AA (Sig 40)
R5 Gwenpool (Sig 30)
R4 X23 (sig 30)
R4 Scarlet Witch (sig 20)

Other possible champs (all R4)
Nightcrawler (sig 50)
Howard (sig 20)
Thor (sig 30) <--- possible R5
Magik (sig 30)
Quake (unduped)
Xbones (unduped)
Hype (unduped) <--- possible R5, suggested use for poison immune
Dorm (unduped)
WW2 (unduped)
Electro (unduped)
Ultron (unduped) <-- poison/bleed immune
Hulk (unduped) <-- Poison immune
Hawkeye (unduped)

I recently got Starlord and Vision (AoU) but are currently unduped and R1.

Working on getting the T4B cats to R5 either Hype or Thor, and only a few shards away from enough science T4C cats to start working on WW2 or Hulk.

Comments

• Options
    Wow. You seem much more well prepared than I was when I did it. Kudos on that. I have always been very regen dependent and that's rly what got me thru my rol run. It made any special evading issues non existent. If I was worried, I blocked and picked up the health as I went.

Luckily, most the specials are relatively easy to dodge once you get your timing down. I don't think they've updated the ai in rol for quite a while so it's weird going from aq or other quests to rol.. But you'll get in a rhythm pretty quickly.

Biggest thing is patience. No need to rush into a mistake because you think you can squeeze an intercept into a window, etc. Take your time and don't get hit. With that team, you should be good to go and should finish fights much faster than I did lol.
  • Options
    I recently did it and used:

4* SL DUPED r5
    4* Hype r5
    4* Guilly r4
    4* Magik r4
    5* Iceman r3 unduped

I did it much faster than I expected to, about an hour with breaks.

Duped SL will help you more than anyone.
    Hypes was second biggest hitter.

In retrospect, I might have swapped out Magik, but she helped a little with her power lock.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Ok so AA for all fights that are not against poison/bleed immune champs; AA will stop jugg from going unstoppable and SW's sig debuffs once u stack some neuros and does insane damage.

Then hype/SW/thor/ whoever you feel you play better with for all poison/bleed immune champs like BB, hulk, vision etc.

I would say x23 and gwen are viable but the vision fight would be ridiculously long.

So AA + (one of the champ choices mentioned) + synergy team and you should have no problem what so ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Only reason I would do X23 is because of her regen and the fact I take so much block damage. Seriously reduces the amount of health/revives needed to complete the quest.

My biggest concern is that so many of my team are bleed dependent. Regardless of who I bring, the Vision fight will be painful.

I'm not too worried about power control since the AI don't use their SP3 and baiting SP1/SP2 seems to be rather easy (unlike other parts of the game). Only reason power control would be helpful is to reduce the amount of times I would need to bait it. With Mystic Dispersion, it wouldn't be too hard to spam Magik's SP2 in a couple of the fights...

I am thinking something like: AA, Guilly, X23, SW and Hype with the possibility of using Magik instead of SW.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Yeah, you've got more than you need. X23 or SW plus Guilly is fine. Bring AA along for fun and at least one for a crit rate synergy. SW and X23 can pretty much take anyone, not like Juggs has MD. Vision add CR synergy to SW and could be a good choice for SW since he's poison immune.
  • Options
    Does adding a couple crit synergies really matter that much since 12.0? I could easily add a Netflix DD/Punisher or a Gamora/Drax duo to the team to add a double crit synergy, but they wouldn't be used in any fashion otherwise.

One thought was to do a full SW crit team (Phoenix, Vision, Punisher, Netflix DD), but I'm not much of a fan of bringing champs that I otherwise wouldn't use to fight with.