**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The T5CC Bundle what are the 5-25% odds?

PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
Kabam, What are the odds on these crystals. Don't you have to list it? I'm not going to spend 40 bucks on 5% lol. Need to know if there is even a more than 1% chance to get 25% with the gamble.

Comments

• Kyllak11Kyllak11 Posts: 97
    No they don’t have to list anything. But with that being said it would be nice to know for future deals
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    They don't have to list the increments. The Gold crystals are the same. It's 100% chance to get T5cc frags from the frag crystal.
  • And why are they not including cosmic?
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★

And why are they not including cosmic?

That's odd, I was able to select cosmic.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Drenlin said:

$40 for what will almost certainly be a 5% crystal......no thanks

a few ppl in my alliance got the deal and i think out of 17 ppl the best pull was 10% class cat which is 4500. I guess if you're close to a full Class cat it could be worth it
  • And why are they not including cosmic?

That's odd, I was able to select cosmic.
    I’m still not able to
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Don't buy any offers with obfuscated gains, imo. It reinforces this cartoonish facetiousness. Oh God why do I sound like a thesaurus?? Anyways,

Even if you're a space whale, you have to admit that this practice is slimy as heck and makes Kabam look ridiculous. We gonna have to Top-Up next? Lol.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

And why are they not including cosmic?

Same issue and the last time this offer showed up. Cosmic doesn't show up on iOS devices but does on Android

Yeah, I guess that a no-buy. It's crazy how stingy they are on giving you digital content that costs them nothing that you are will to pay real money for. Like just make it 25%. Just sell a product that's in demand. They would make more money than this model they use.

It doesn't cost them "nothing". The deals we buy pays for the work the developers are doing. Someone had to design the crystal, the fragments, the animations and then someone had to code it all to make the game work.
    Yeah, it cost money to run a company but it doesn't cost them a cent more or less to give us something. Also, people are paying for it so they are making money. Look, I just want to know the odds so I can make an educated decision on if it worth spending my hard-earned cash on. lol
    How do you know they'll make money? Do you know what the cost to profit ratio is on this? I know you want to know the drop rates but you aren't going to get them. They didn't give them last time this offer came out and they won't give them the next time the offer comes out. Also you don't know what it cost's them. You can't say it doesn't because you literally have no idea. You like to think it does but in reality there is a cost factor even to something simple like this offer.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Yeah, I guess that a no-buy. It's crazy how stingy they are on giving you digital content that costs them nothing that you are will to pay real money for. Like just make it 25%. Just sell a product that's in demand. They would make more money than this model they use.

It doesn't cost them "nothing". The deals we buy pays for the work the developers are doing. Someone had to design the crystal, the fragments, the animations and then someone had to code it all to make the game work.
    It costs them very close to nothing. The only difference between Kabam offering 5% of a T5cc and 10% of a T5cc is game economy. There is no real world difference in cost to writing the code to put this offer in the game if it were 5 or 10, unless you count the time to type the two digits in 10.

A mobile game isn't like a real world product, if a sweet shop wants to double the quantity of sweets in a bag that will cost them the resources to obtain more sweets. If kabam double the amount of T5cc it doesn't cost them in that sense, but it may cause a bigger change in the game economy.

Yes someone has to design the crystal, fragments and animations, but they are already in the game. They don't have to redesign everything from scratch, not to mention, this very same offer has been offered before. There would be very close to 0 cost to change the amount of T5cc in it.
    But it has a knock on effect on the amount that they will earn in the long term, which in turn costs them more money due to potential lost revenue.

Just because it's a digital asset doesn't mean there isn't real life cost associated with it. But you wouldn't see that if you focus only on parts of the equation and not the whole.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    ItsDamien said:

It costs them very close to nothing. The only difference between Kabam offering 5% of a T5cc and 10% of a T5cc is game economy. There is no real world difference in cost to writing the code to put this offer in the game if it were 5 or 10, unless you count the time to type the two digits in 10.

A mobile game isn't like a real world product, if a sweet shop wants to double the quantity of sweets in a bag that will cost them the resources to obtain more sweets. If kabam double the amount of T5cc it doesn't cost them in that sense, but it may cause a bigger change in the game economy.

Yes someone has to design the crystal, fragments and animations, but they are already in the game. They don't have to redesign everything from scratch, not to mention, this very same offer has been offered before. There would be very close to 0 cost to change the amount of T5cc in it.
    But it has a knock on effect on the amount that they will earn in the long term, which in turn costs them more money due to potential lost revenue.

Just because it's a digital asset doesn't mean there isn't real life cost associated with it. But you wouldn't see that if you focus only on parts of the equation and not the whole.
    How do you know it would necessarily lose them money? People may feel more inclined to buy more if they feel offers are reasonably priced

also: I did mention just that, when i mentioned game economy
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Same people here saying they are not obligated to list individual odds for each increment are the ones who said Kabam chose to start releasing drop rates out of the goodness of their hearts and was done independently of the apple app store's policy. I question the ethics of their decision here, even if they are legally in the right to make it and it clearly is against what the purpose of the policy was in the first place.

I should say "same person" because there's only one I remember distinctly from that thread back then. Other one will probably turn up on this thread sooner than later
    I never said that if you are talking about me. When the whole Apple thing came about, I was "wait and see" what happens. I've always said if they are legally supposed to do it they will. The Gold crystals are the same thing but no one's complaining about them. They list 100% chance at gold because that's what they are.

This is a T5CC FRAGMENT CRYSTAL. You have 100% chance to pull fragments from the crystal. Kabam sells 6*'s during major holidays like 4th of July and Cyber weekend. Guess what, you have a 100% chance to get a 6* and each champion isn't listed. How is that any different than the T5CC frag crystal? It's not. People just want something to be mad at.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    I was dumb enough to buy it, after being stupid enough to buy the last one..

Both times were 5% of coarse. I’m not in the content program or on YouTube though. Figured I had to try after 2 nexus and almost 30 tc55 without landing on science. Guess it’s just the “rng”. Just like not getting anything over 4* since they “raised” the odds on the cavalier over 50 spins ago... lol@rng
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    It’s different because you don’t get half a champ!!!!

They aren’t selling you 6* shard crystals that give one person a champ and everyone else 100 shards. Why do you have to argue with other customers about what they are unhappy about?

If you think it’s ok, why say anything? We are able to not agree with everything a company does

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Same people here saying they are not obligated to list individual odds for each increment are the ones who said Kabam chose to start releasing drop rates out of the goodness of their hearts and was done independently of the apple app store's policy. I question the ethics of their decision here, even if they are legally in the right to make it and it clearly is against what the purpose of the policy was in the first place.

I should say "same person" because there's only one I remember distinctly from that thread back then. Other one will probably turn up on this thread sooner than later
    I never said that if you are talking about me. When the whole Apple thing came about, I was "wait and see" what happens. I've always said if they are legally supposed to do it they will. The Gold crystals are the same thing but no one's complaining about them. They list 100% chance at gold because that's what they are.

This is a T5CC FRAGMENT CRYSTAL. You have 100% chance to pull fragments from the crystal. Kabam sells 6*'s during major holidays like 4th of July and Cyber weekend. Guess what, you have a 100% chance to get a 6* and each champion isn't listed. How is that any different than the T5CC frag crystal? It's not. People just want something to be mad at.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Fair enough, I apologize if I lumped you in with the other person when that not what you were saying. I'm not going back to look and it doesn't really matter. I think we can all agree the rule makes sense regardless, so I think it's worth bringing the purpose of the rule into the conversation.

Also, I'm not mad. Actually, I'm not emotionally invested at all because I generally don't buy deals, and this isn't one I'd go for anyway. But each increment is available at a different rate. It's basically a lootbox with a single item, but with higher value because of the RNG to get a higher %. Maybe legally they don't have to tell you, but again, I still think it's ethically questionable. No onr is saying they HAVE to. I am saying they SHOULD anyway.
    In our viewpoint, Kabam should have to 1000x more on a number of things that WE as the community feel they should. But then again, we don't run the company. People always feel some company should do this or should do that, but they are never in the position to make that decision and if they were, I'm sure they'd feel differently. Would I personally like to know the drop rates for each fragment percentage? Of course. Am I going to beg them or tell them they should, nope. I understand fully that they don't have too.

The loot we are getting is T5CC and that's what's promised. Just like any other crystal in this game, individual drop rates for rarity types aren't listed. If what you are suggesting is true, the next time 6*'s are in offers for real money, your same expectation would be they list out each champions drop rate.

Also I know you aren't mad. You aren't that type. That comment wasn't directed at you.