**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When will 5 star shards actually become more available?

So far the only increased availability is through offers and spending. When will they become more available for players who don’t want to sell their house and kids to pay for offers?

Comments

• Options
    italian_treeitalian_tree Posts: 79
    I've been asking myself the same question and it's very hard to when they will become more available
  • Options
    Same here. Maybe they ment the offers. I get the vibe, that Kabam does not have any longterm plans for this game. Took me a time :D
  • Options
    In case u didn't noticed there is a lot of 5* shards offer going on. They said more 5* shards will be available, not that it will be from quest.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Drop Odin's on GM crystals. #KabamLogic
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    5* Shards have been increased in the events so far, imagine we will see more and more in new content. I wouldn't assume an increase in shards would mean you're gonna have them given to you for free in monthly calendars.

Its hard to tell, but it seems like a good portion of the users on the forums heard "increased shards" and assumed they would get 1 or 2 5* champs a month quickly and have shards given to them for free or be able to earn them in very easy content.
  • Options
    bentoddfredbentoddfred Posts: 50
    R4GE wrote: »
    5* Shards have been increased in the events so far, imagine we will see more and more in new content. I wouldn't assume an increase in shards would mean you're gonna have them given to you for free in monthly calendars.

Its hard to tell, but it seems like a good portion of the users on the forums heard "increased shards" and assumed they would get 1 or 2 5* champs a month quickly and have shards given to them for free or be able to earn them in very easy content.

While I agree with the sentiment here that shards don't need to just be handed out (though just 1k or so from calendars would be nice), there are other ways they could make shards more available. They could bump up shards in rank rewards in arena. I know they did this once already back in March, but I think it's time for another moderate increase. Also, rank rewards from the 3-day alliance events are really outdated. 125 5-star shards for top 5% is crazy! I'm confused why it's taken so long for Kabam to increase these rewards as it would also be lucrative for them.
  • Options

While I agree with the sentiment here that shards don't need to just be handed out (though just 1k or so from calendars would be nice), there are other ways they could make shards more available. They could bump up shards in rank rewards in arena. I know they did this once already back in March, but I think it's time for another moderate increase. Also, rank rewards from the 3-day alliance events are really outdated. 125 5-star shards for top 5% is crazy! I'm confused why it's taken so long for Kabam to increase these rewards as it would also be lucrative for them.

I can't disagree with any of that. Just wanted to point out that they have been increasing and I didn't expect them to jump up through the roof instantly. I think we will just see more and more over time, but nothing to quick....although more now would of course be better.

I think for me the bigger question is, why aren't we getting these increased rewards from AW yet that we should have gotten already? That to me is another increase we should have seen by now but isn't happening.
  • Options
    Hell, lets not forget we been yelling for an increase in this useless duel event as well. Something could be done there to add some value to it. As it sits now there is no point when its PHC shards.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Flazinator wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t want handouts. I’d rather them put out content for everyone to earn them. 3 day events need to be looked at forsure cause rank rewards are just embarrassing at this point.

100% agree
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Yeah I don’t want handouts. I’d rather them put out content for everyone to earn them. 3 day events need to be looked at forsure cause rank rewards are just embarrassing at this point.

100% agree
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    A while back more were introduced in arenas. The new monthly quests contain twice as much as they used to
  • Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Well... The amount of 5* shards in the monthly event are bigger. And with those new potions my guess is more people are going to complete 100% of Master Mode.

So... 5 star shards are becoming more available.

But yeah... I'd be happier if there were some in the calendars.
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I like to think about it this way:

Typical milestone reward of 4* shards is 100 shards (5% of a 4* shard crystal), right?

125 5* shards? 1.25% of a 5* crystal

The stinginess with 5* shards needs to end. If you got 500 5* shards, that would put you at the same percentage as 4* shards...

And now that 5*s aren't the top of the food chain anymore, they need to stop costing like they're the top of the food chain.

In this **** tiered system they've made, 2*s are garbage and useless, 3*s are garbage and useless, 4*s are being nerfed into uselessness with in game tricks...
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    In case u didn't noticed there is a lot of 5* shards offer going on. They said more 5* shards will be available, not that it will be from quest.

But they did said it (already was) would be at least from the Calendar.

6vyps7npoljg.png
    I wouldn't assume an increase in shards would mean you're gonna have them given to you for free in monthly calendars.

Don't care what you assume, they said it.

Remember the 6*s were announced then people was/is worried because a new climb is added but there's not enough availability for get and rankup the 5*s, dup them and maybe get one 6* in ten years. Today is haaaard dup 5*s and impossible maxed them. That is why people is asking things.
    It's easy add a new star but everything should be adapted because people suddenly don't have a new star in their time/money/effort, otherwise the system will be broken (or people will be tired).
    Believed or not, not everyone have short vision and they can to see future problems.

Just think "the Kabam" of the real world add a new star zero in right to every price. What would happen? the world will burn in fire and people will ask for raise and bigger paychecks because it's easy draw a new zero but now people would bust their humps ten times to catch the goods in the ceiling.

• Options
    Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138

You do realize that they increased those monthly event rewards before @Kabam Miike or anyone else in “The Halls Of Just Us” made an announcement of 4s and 5s becoming more accessible?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

6vyps7npoljg.png
    I wouldn't assume an increase in shards would mean you're gonna have them given to you for free in monthly calendars.

Remember the 6*s were announced then people was/is worried because a new climb is added but there's not enough availability for get and rankup the 5*s, dup them and maybe get one 6* in ten years. Today is haaaard dup 5*s and impossible maxed them. That is why people is asking things.
    It's easy add a new star but everything should be adapted because people suddenly don't have a new star in their time/money/effort, otherwise the system will be broken (or people will be tired).
    Believed or not, not everyone have short vision and they can to see future problems.

Just think "the Kabam" of the real world add a new star zero in right to every price. What would happen? the world will burn in fire and people will ask for raise and bigger paychecks because it's easy draw a new zero but now people would bust their humps ten times to catch the goods in the ceiling.

That was posted the month that the Shards were in the Calendar. It didn't say they will be in it every month. They were literally in the Calendar at that moment.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

6vyps7npoljg.png

If you are going to hold Kabam to what they said, then what they said was that that 5* shards were available "now" in the calendar rewards. At the time, they were in fact available in the calendar rewards. It would not be fair to assume they meant 5* shards would always be given out in the calendar because later in the post they said what would be coming in the future and made no mention of calendar rewards being a regular occurrence.

• Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    They'll be more available when bases get added lol.

They've done a pretty cool start with an increase in event quest rewards, hopefully chapter 4 in act 5 gives a good amount and hopefully aw gets a reward bump.
  • Options
    To everyone here wondering how 4s and 5s will become more “accessible” just look at the crystals tab: Grandmaster and (soon to be) Grandmaster Featured Crystal. There you will find your answer. I suspect they won’t dish out a reasonable increased amount of 5 star shards until at least February when they’ve caught up on all the 5 star additions to their Basic B crystals and have had the chance to release the minuscule amount of playable 6 star characters: Gamora, Venom, Jugs, Ant Man, Black Panther and Daredevil.

Until then...

Stay Saucy My Friends,
    Capt. Megasauce
  • Options

6vyps7npoljg.png

That was posted the month that the Shards were in the Calendar. It didn't say they will be in it every month. They were literally in the Calendar at that moment.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

6vyps7npoljg.png

If you are going to hold Kabam to what they said, then what they said was that that 5* shards were available "now" in the calendar rewards. At the time, they were in fact available in the calendar rewards. It would not be fair to assume they meant 5* shards would always be given out in the calendar because later in the post they said what would be coming in the future and made no mention of calendar rewards being a regular occurrence.

Everyone know you both are very smart, but look the question and it's not saying "Will 5* now be easier to obtain Just this month (while the rage for the new announcement is forgotten)?".

I think is very clear what was the context, the question and the answer. It was an answer to a permanent change.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

6vyps7npoljg.png

6vyps7npoljg.png

Everyone know you both are very smart, but look the question and it's not saying "Will 5* now be easier to obtain Just this month (while the rage for the new announcement is forgotten)?".

I think is very clear what was the context, the question and the answer. It was an answer to a permanent change.

Actually, no. The assumption was that it was from then on after. The response was indicating one current way they were available because they could not comment further on unreleased information. Meaning, they were pointing out one way they were available at that time. It wasn't an indication that every Calendar would have Shards. They can only comment on what is confirmed and released.
  • Options
    Maybe it's hard to understand so I will explain it differently. You should not see the month in which it was affirmed, you should see the situation for which they answered that affirmation. The situation was for a permanent change and the answer was ensuring what tools should help us for this new/permanent change. If the situation is here then the help ensured should be here. AFAIK, the 6*s plan have not been aborted.

But if you say it was not permanent because (insert legal trick here) then you're saying Kabam was deliberately tricking/scamming us.

..playable 6 star characters: Gamora, Venom, Jugs, Ant Man, Black Panther and Daredevil.
    Are they the first 6*s wave?. Was it confirmed?.

• Options

6vyps7npoljg.png

6vyps7npoljg.png

It obviously wasn't very clear, but in context when I read X is happening now and Y will be happening in the future, I do not assume that X is also going to be happening in the future. That is how those two things were worded:
    5-Star shards are now available through Calendar Rewards
    5-Star shards will be available through special event content (like Stark Assignments & Web-Slinger Challenge)

But you also mention context and context is important. That quote comes from the FAQ that follows the actual announcement post. The announcement post says this:
    As part of this progression, players will start to see more opportunities to obtain 5-Star Champions. You have seen a slight increase in the amount of shards given as rewards in Event Quests, 5-Star shards have already started to show up in log-in Calendar rewards, and we’ll be increasing the availability of 4-Star champions - meaning it will become even easier to earn 5-Star shards by duping 4-Stars. In addition to all of these changes, Special Event Content ( ie Stark Assignments and the Web-Slinger Challenge) will contain 5-Star shards. We will continue to look at more ways to increase how players obtain both 4 and 5-Star Champions as part of this natural progression.

They specifically say that 5* shards "have already" started to show up and "we'll be increasing" the availability of 4-star champions. They are clearly distinguishing what they are doing now from what they will be doing in the future with actual tense. "Have been" and "will be" doing. If they were going to be offering 5* shards in every calendar, they almost certainly would have said so, because there's no reason to hide that kind of good news.

The FAQ answer is very obviously a summary of this paragraph when read in the context of the actual announcement.
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    So far the only increased availability is through offers and spending. When will they become more available for players who don’t want to sell their house and kids to pay for offers?

They will never be more available as f2p. We all should have realized this when they said it would still require 10k shards per 5*. If anything, that should have been reduced to 5k shards. Never will it be "more available" unless youre willing to pay for them. And with the pathetic drop rate of decent champs, no way would I spend money on them.
  • Options
    yada yada yada
    If they were going to be offering 5* shards in every calendar, they almost certainly would have said so, because there's no reason to hide that kind of good news.
    Same thing.
    If they were going to be offering 5* shards JUST in that calendar, they almost certainly would have said so.

Because there's no reason to hide that kind of tricked news in a thread answering to worries for permanents changes.
    (no reason except a deliberate scam, and it seem it's what you're thinking/saying).
  • Options
    yada yada yada
    If they were going to be offering 5* shards in every calendar, they almost certainly would have said so, because there's no reason to hide that kind of good news.
    Same thing.
    If they were going to be offering 5* shards JUST in that calendar, they almost certainly would have said so.

They did say so. You seem to be saying that if I say something is happening now, it is my responsibility to explicitly state if it won't be happening in the future. If I say something is happening now, and you assume it will continue to happen in the future, I'm being deceptive unless I explicitly warn you that what's happening now will not continue into the future.

That's an obligation I do not accept. I certainly don't write or speak that way. As in I don't write or speak that way now, although I am making no explicit promise that this will not change in the future and no warranty regarding my writing or speech patterns is being offered or should be inferred. Not valid in Delaware.

• Options
    RobHotchXPRobHotchXP Posts: 11
    Also curious when Alpha 2s will be more available. I am happy to stick with game and even invest in it but have hit a point where I can't even buy what is needed to advance my Champions. That is disappointing. Come on Kabam ... help us continue to enjoy the game with offers that are for seasoned and more advanced players. I don't need more 4* shards and 4* cat crystals. I need the resources to max out my 5*s ... and eventually 6*s. Thanks!
  • Options
    Maybe it's hard to understand so I will explain it differently. You should not see the month in which it was affirmed, you should see the situation for which they answered that affirmation. The situation was for a permanent change and the answer was ensuring what tools should help us for this new/permanent change. If the situation is here then the help ensured should be here. AFAIK, the 6*s plan have not been aborted.

But if you say it was not permanent because (insert legal trick here) then you're saying Kabam was deliberately tricking/scamming us.

..playable 6 star characters: Gamora, Venom, Jugs, Ant Man, Black Panther and Daredevil.
    Are they the first 6*s wave?. Was it confirmed?.

@I_am_Groot No, that’s my pure speculation based off my personal experience with this game