**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is colossus really dependent on synergies?

SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Is his damage really that much weaker without the OR synergy. I see a lot of people say it’s kinda underwhelming without it so I thought I’d ask for myself is he still a great champ without it?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
«1

Comments

  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

    I don't think that he is completely dependent on synergies.

    Of course synergies helps him to finish fights faster. You can see significant difference in damage with and without synergies.

    I ranked him for utility and I use him without synergies. He is pretty solid without synergies, too. Even without synergies he hits pretty hard if you get crits.

    What utility aside from immunities? Not saying he has none, but for someone with an expansive roster, hed mainly be used on paths where his immunities come into play. Maybe nodes that benefit parry heavy as well
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 895 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    For damage he needs those synergies to compete with the top meta right from the start of the fight. But his utility is there and can help him ramp up quickly, and without synergies he will need some time to ramp up to see the numbers.

    He suffered what I’ve been trying to hint out on the forums but no one seem to get the point. He had most of these synergies before his buff, and these synergies I assume were introduced to make him somewhat playable but failed. So when buffing these champs, they have to be considerate of his existing synergies to ensure they don’t break the game kinda. Thus, the NERF-BUFF some of these champs to ensure when their synergies are applied they’re not “Overpowered”. The result is they become somewhat synergy dependent.

    I strongly feel this will affect classic BP buff.
    He has some powerful synergies, check these with
    - HB
    - Tigra
    - Storm PX
    - Sabretooth
    - Jabari
    - BPCW
    When a combo of these are applied, he’s really up there. So you really think he will get a proper buff absent consideration to these synergies. Will that make him synergy dependent? Most likely unless HIS ENTIRE MECHANICS change to render some of these synergies invalid.

    It was wrong move how, some champs have like 10-20 synergies...smh and in the attempt to make them better. Now some of them will suffer for it unless their buffs will required mechanics change but can lead to Hood situation.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

    Yeah bringing omega along is a real drag.

    Hard to bring something you don't have.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 975 ★★★
    Also, his ideal (IMO) synergy team more or less doubles his damage than just bringing OR for what it’s worth...




  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

    For damage he needs those synergies to compete with the top meta right from the start of the fight. But his utility is there and can help him ramp up quickly, and without synergies he will need some time to ramp up to see the numbers.

    He suffered what I’ve been trying to hint out on the forums but no one seem to get the point. He had most of these synergies before his buff, and these synergies I assume were introduced to make him somewhat playable but failed. So when buffing these champs, they have to be considerate of his existing synergies to ensure they don’t break the game kinda. Thus, the NERF-BUFF some of these champs to ensure when their synergies are applied they’re not “Overpowered”. The result is they become somewhat synergy dependent.

    I strongly feel this will affect classic BP buff.
    He has some powerful synergies, check these with
    - HB
    - Tigra
    - Storm PX
    - Sabretooth
    - Jabari
    - BPCW
    When a combo of these are applied, he’s really up there. So you really think he will get a proper buff absent consideration to these synergies. Will that make him synergy dependent? Most likely unless HIS ENTIRE MECHANICS change to render some of these synergies invalid.

    It was wrong move how, some champs have like 10-20 synergies...smh and in the attempt to make them better. Now some of them will suffer for it unless their buffs will required mechanics change but can lead to Hood situation.

    Hopefully Kabam continue to change synergies like how Crossbones and taskmaster synergy was altered when the synergy became part of his core kit
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    With OR & prof X them sp2 be doing ridiculous damage.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    In most situations i just use warlock. Colossus if i need an incinerate immune champ but then again i have torch. But i dont have his synergies or him awakened so dont take this the wrong way.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 860 ★★★
    Yes and no.......I don't have a high ranked omega so there are times (act 6 and on) I either pass on Collosus being on my team or waste a spot and use a lower OR.....If you have him I'd rank him up as he's useable in every bit of content outside of variant 6 and just keep him at r4 until you get omega to go with him.....

    He's also arguably the best potion farmer in the game in ROL
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 975 ★★★
    edited April 2021

    phil56201 said:

    Here’s a 5/65 sig 200 w/OR:




    And by himself:




    OR synergy doubles his damage more or less.


    And this is with prof x 4 charges, horsemen of apocalypse , omega red and cable. ROL Black panther in 9 hits

    So yes synergies roid up colossu beyond insane

    I take it you intentionally took hits to get to his Sp2 and keep the hit count low?

    Took in a similar team(substituted cable for Mags HOX). Same fight, but w/out taking any hits gets him down in 18, effectively doubling the damage from the team I used in my previous post.







    So OR doubles Colossus damage, bringing in the standard Colossus synergy team (OR, Frost, Jugg, Mags HOX) doubles his damage again, and adding Apoc/horseman plus Prof X w/4 charges doubles his damage yet again.

    It's been an illuminating thread for me. Never seen these different variables compared.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    He's still good but not insane. I beat the Grandmaster without any synergy on my first clear. Just like CMM without Nick or Omega without Sabertooth.
  • Options
    Manav_preet0808Manav_preet0808 Posts: 170

    phil56201 said:

    Here’s a 5/65 sig 200 w/OR:




    And by himself:




    OR synergy doubles his damage more or less.


    And this is with prof x 4 charges, horsemen of apocalypse , omega red and cable. ROL Black panther in 9 hits

    So yes synergies roid up colossu beyond insane
    yo can u record that vid Would love to see it
  • Options
    Mr_EminentMr_Eminent Posts: 4
    edited April 2021
    I use the below team and collosus is efficient(more than)...
    3 mutants - Collosus , Omega red , Gambit(6*)
    1Tech - Guardian(6*)
    1 cosmic - Vision Arkus

    Except vision Arkus, All the other champs have synergy with collosus. I can counter tech champs with Arkus and guardian. Without synergy his damage is comparatively low, Bust still if you have Omega Red synergy he's more efficient. He's good on suicides too.
    So without synergies you will have to max out stupify mastery and throw your special attacks straight after a parry and first heavy hit.

    Hope it helps :wink:
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

    Ksp_2099 said:

    I don't think that he is completely dependent on synergies.

    Of course synergies helps him to finish fights faster. You can see significant difference in damage with and without synergies.

    I ranked him for utility and I use him without synergies. He is pretty solid without synergies, too. Even without synergies he hits pretty hard if you get crits.

    What utility aside from immunities? Not saying he has none, but for someone with an expansive roster, hed mainly be used on paths where his immunities come into play. Maybe nodes that benefit parry heavy as well
    He's a general lane clearing beast, especially with synergies, he doesn't depend on one play style or the other. Additionally, he has a silent stun or something on the first hit of his heavy so in-case you want to parry heavy evade champs, you can do that reliably without worrying since he purifies parry-stun. Rest all have been said above.
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Without synergies, Colossus is great. Absolutely fantastic, yes, but not quite OP. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing standalone character. With synergies, however, he is beyond broken. And when he's made a horseman of Apocalypse, that just further improves him.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★

    GagoH said:

    Ksp_2099 said:

    I don't think that he is completely dependent on synergies.

    Of course synergies helps him to finish fights faster. You can see significant difference in damage with and without synergies.

    I ranked him for utility and I use him without synergies. He is pretty solid without synergies, too. Even without synergies he hits pretty hard if you get crits.

    What utility aside from immunities? Not saying he has none, but for someone with an expansive roster, hed mainly be used on paths where his immunities come into play. Maybe nodes that benefit parry heavy as well
    He's a general lane clearing beast, especially with synergies, he doesn't depend on one play style or the other. Additionally, he has a silent stun or something on the first hit of his heavy so in-case you want to parry heavy evade champs, you can do that reliably without worrying since he purifies parry-stun. Rest all have been said above.
    Nevertheless, his utility falls short from that of AA and mags, which is the point I was getting a long. Sure hes a lane clearing beast, but odds are you’re more likely going to bring Mags or AA, especially without the OR synergy
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★
    Another thing that works against Colossus is that he’s not suicide friendly, whereas his best synergy partner needs suicides more than any other champion in the game...
Sign In or Register to comment.