**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hulkbuster worthy of R5? (Merged)

PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have a r5 tech gem. Should I use it on Hulkbuster? I run suicides so I was going to save it to see if I get Sentinel or G2099. But if I put it in HB now I can use him for Variant 7 exploration and the other variants. I’m not very familiar with HB’s kit so any tips would also be appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    I have a r5 tech gem. Should I use it on Hulkbuster? I run suicides so I was going to save it to see if I get Sentinel or G2099. But if I put it in HB now I can use him for Variant 7 exploration and the other variants. I’m not very familiar with HB’s kit so any tips would also be appreciated. Thanks!
    For reference, these are my tech champs

• Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    You have good techs, don’t need to wait for sentinel or g99. Hb well worth r5, he’ll be ur main damage dealer/path clearer unless ur good w ghost. He’s a beast in all the variants he qualifies for, and cav eq.

You have to get used to doing specials into block, and his heavy reach sometimes comes up short in more stressful fights, but his sp2 power lock and heavy spam combination is absolutely devastating. He’s a powerhouse once u get the hang.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    @Monke oh wait 😥
    Definitly worth r5
  • He is definitely awesome for v7. My Alt has a weak tech hero roster, and HB was the only one with a half sigged guardian who i used for everything. He was very fun, bish bish bang bang!
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 899 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    In my opinion, taking 5*HB to rank 5 is better than taking 6*HB to rank 2.

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    He’s good.

RIP Monke

@GAMEOVERJames Why?
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 899 ★★★
    edited April 2021

@GAMEOVERJames Why?
    Now the game provides so many rank-up gems (particularly from Variants) that help players to take 5 star champs to 4/55 or even 5/65. Many of them are restricted in a group of champs released before 2017 or 2016 or 2015.

HB is OG character who was released before 2015, making him fully compatible with all the rankup gems with year restriction (tech-class).

Therefore, you can easily rankup 5*HB to 5/65 without using any resources, which could be more valuable for new champs or 6*champs.

On top of that, the damage output of 5/65 5*HB is already very satisfying (which is kind of equivalent to his 6R2 version). But it’s much easier for you to Max his signature ability as 5*

Taking 6*champs to Rank 3 is kind of prestige-driven or ThroneBreaker title-driven action. HB’s prestige is terribly low, and I don’t think you prefer to throw a lot of 6*signature stones on him since his awaken ability is not quite necessary. However, if you need him to be your first 6R3 champ to get the TB title, go ahead~

Last but not least, I usually prefer rankup 6*champs to 6R2 which I don’t have the 5/65 version. As I already have 5/65 HB, I don’t have any incentive to have another copy of HB in 6R2.......HB is great, but in many scenarios, he is not the best tech that can fit into my first-line team to clear endgame contents~

Just my point of view.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’d say so. I have him at r5 w/suicides and he finishes fights fast. I’m considering using a gem on him for the regen but tbh he’s rarely needing more than 2 specials. He does cav eq fights in 10-15 hits.
  • Hey guys, I merged the two identical threads together since there's no point spreading the useful discussion across two threads. All the best!

Hey guys, I merged the two identical threads together since there's no point spreading the useful discussion across two threads. All the best!

Thanks! Sorry, I don’t know why it posted twice. Must have double clicked it.

• Hey guys, I merged the two identical threads together since there's no point spreading the useful discussion across two threads. All the best!

Thanks! Sorry, I don’t know why it posted twice. Must have double clicked it.

Not a problem, these things happen!

@GAMEOVERJames Why?
    Now the game provides so many rank-up gems (particularly from Variants) that help players to take 5 star champs to 4/55 or even 5/65. Many of them are restricted in a group of champs released before 2017 or 2016 or 2015.

HB is OG character who was released before 2015, making him fully compatible with all the rankup gems with year restriction (tech-class).

Therefore, you can easily rankup 5*HB to 5/65 without using any resources, which could be more valuable for new champs or 6*champs.

On top of that, the damage output of 5/65 5*HB is already very satisfying (which is kind of equivalent to his 6R2 version). But it’s much easier for you to Max his signature ability as 5*

Just my point of view.
    Thanks for the reply. This was very helpful. Yes, used a Variant gem to take him to r4. Sounds like he’s worthy to go r5. Thanks!