I think it's about time Kabam addressed the 6* dupe issue

CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Traditionally, when you dupe a champ, you get shards for the next star tier up.
We don't have 7* champs in the game hence no 7* shards.

At the moment, when you dupe a 6* you get levels on the sig ability, in some cases sig level scaling is critical and in other not so much. It would be nice on top of those sig levels and iso to get some shards. Even 275 6* shards would be better than nothing (but more would make more sense).

The humongous elephant in the room is duping a max sig 6*. It is literally worse than duping a 4*. You've basically flushed 10,000 6* shards (maybe even 13k or 15k) down the toilet.

I don't have a max sig 6* yet, but I've seen other people's effort amount to nothing. It's pretty disheartening.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    It is one of the reasons for introducing r4 materials. End of act 7 should be r5 champs and next act should introduce the 7 stars. Something I am not looking forward too BTW.
    Pulyaman said:

It is one of the reasons for introducing r4 materials. End of act 7 should be r5 champs and next act should introduce the 7 stars. Something I am not looking forward too BTW.

Just my opinion mainly seeing the top alliances duping the max sig 6 stars again and again. I have only 50 6 star champs and my last 6 crystals have been dupes with giving only iso. Also I said end of act 7 which is a year away if schedule keeps up and act 8 is another 3 months away. Not so crazy to think we will have that.

Pulyaman said:

The traditional schedule would disagree. Usually finishing one act = one level up in progression.
    Act 4 100% = 5/4
    Act 5 = 5/5
    Act 6 = 6/3
    By this schedule, Act 7 100% should = 6/4
    We also never say cats offered for cash before content before r4 cats. So they may speed up the acquirement of materials for r5 6 star. Almost everyone was surprised by that move. So, it is possible that by end of act 7 we could have our first r5.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The traditional schedule would disagree. Usually finishing one act = one level up in progression.
    Act 4 100% = 5/4
    Act 5 = 5/5
    Act 6 = 6/3
    We also never say cats offered for cash before content before r4 cats. So they may speed up the acquirement of materials for r5 6 star. Almost everyone was surprised by that move. So, it is possible that by end of act 7 we could have our first r5.
    Man some of you really love adding 2+2 and getting 5 somehow
    Meh. We can have our expectations can't we? We had a person asking for 6 star ag selector and people laughed at him and bam, few days later we get a bunch on spring cleaning event. So, I am not saying it's set in stone, but I am not ruling it out either because of the quickness of 6 star shards flowing now.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Act 4 100% = 5/4
    Act 5 = 5/5
    Act 6 = 6/3
    Meh. We can have our expectations can't we? We had a person asking for 6 star ag selector and people laughed at him and bam, few days later we get a bunch on spring cleaning event. So, I am not saying it's set in stone, but I am not ruling it out either because of the quickness of 6 star shards flowing now.
    lol wonder what those guys are thinking now
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah I think Kabam should've addressed this ages ago. I have 66 6 stars and I'm in a top 30 Alliance, top 20 hero rating overall. So Kabam may feel like players are rolling in 6 stars but its just not true.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    PLS FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE BUFF THE ISO AMOUNT.

(It was internally painful for me to dupe 6* Gambit twice in a row while under 10 6* and not being able to fully upgrade on either occasion)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,018 ★★★★★
    I’d like for this to be addressed too, I just recently pulled my first max sig six star (Void) and it was incredibly disappointing to just flush 10K six star shards down the toilet. I would rather have pulled the new iron fist next to him.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Act 4 100% = 5/4
    Act 5 = 5/5
    Act 6 = 6/3
    Expectations lead to anger. Anger leads to complaint threads. Complaint threads lead to the dark side... I sense many expectations in you.
    Nah, I rarely complain against Kabam for my expectations which is just having fun managing my resources. And I am FTP, so I have 0 max 6 stars, so Kabam can release 7 stars whenever they want, it won't make much of a difference to me.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 774 ★★★

Pre 6* 5* champions want their discussion back.

Yup. Another year another star…same ol same ol
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    If you dupp a max sig, you don't flush down 10000, but 9450 :wink:

Seriously tho, you have got a point and while idt 7* shards should be introduced, some better rewards would be spot on.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Seriously tho, you have got a point and while idt 7* shards should be introduced, some better rewards would be spot on.

How 9,450?
    Corkscrew said:

At the moment, when you dupe a 6* you get levels on the sig ability, in some cases sig level scaling is critical and in other not so much. It would be nice on top of those sig levels and iso to get some shards. Even 275 6* shards would be better than nothing (but more would make more sense).

The humongous elephant in the room is duping a max sig 6*. It is literally worse than duping a 4*. You've basically flushed 10,000 6* shards (maybe even 13k or 15k) down the toilet.

I don't have a max sig 6* yet, but I've seen other people's effort amount to nothing. It's pretty disheartening.

If Kabam keeps to schedule, 6 star shards were announced pretty close to act 5.3 announcement. So, it is possible that 7 stars could be announced when act 7.3 releases. No one other than Kabam devs can confirm this.
    Zan0 said:

Pulyaman said:

Corkscrew said:

If Kabam keeps to schedule, 6 star shards were announced pretty close to act 5.3 announcement. So, it is possible that 7 stars could be announced when act 7.3 releases. No one other than Kabam devs can confirm this.
    Stop talking out of your ass
    Which part do you disagree with? That 6 star shards were introduced close to 5.3? because that is a fact. or that 7 star may come close to 7.3? because I said it is possible they could do it.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★

Pre 6* 5* champions want their discussion back.

I know that was tongue in cheek, except this isn't a game that's establishing itself. It just had a 6 year anniversary. They have way more money and way more resources than when they started. They're no longer just figuring things out.... or at least they shouldn't be.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★

It's obviously not something they plan on doing anything about right now. More people getting higher sig 6*s has also coicincided with them slamming the brakes on 6* sig stones even for sale. That should tell you that they're gonna keep dragging this out and would rather slow people down in sigging up 6*s than do anything differently with pulling a max sig champ again.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be open for discussion. No one expected r4 materials to show up now... yet here they are. That's mixed messaging in relation to "slamming on the brakes".
    Corkscrew said:

It's obviously not something they plan on doing anything about right now. More people getting higher sig 6*s has also coicincided with them slamming the brakes on 6* sig stones even for sale. That should tell you that they're gonna keep dragging this out and would rather slow people down in sigging up 6*s than do anything differently with pulling a max sig champ again.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be open for discussion. No one expected r4 materials to show up now... yet here they are. That's mixed messaging in relation to "slamming on the brakes".
    Funny thing is they increased the chances to pull a 6 star from cav and featured cavs and I have been seeing more 6 stars being pulled from cavs which is to be expected. So, forget sig stones, a really decent spender could get 6 stars more easily now than ever.
    Corkscrew said:

exactly. nobody expected r4 materials to show up but now they are here so Kabam needs to buff the rewards for duping a 6*. I think it would be cool if u got like 250 shards of t5cc of the class of the champ you pulled
    Diabolic said:

They at least can give us some extra iso it's not make any sense I take exact same amount of iso when i duped a 4 star

that's what i said. The iso needs to be buffed in 5 and 6 stars
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

I said slamming on the brakes with sigs. Catalysts have nothing to do with sig level.

I've been asking for this for over a year. I've not been opening basic 6*s in just under a year dreading duping one of my max sigs. Few guys I know have pulled the same max sig champ 3+ times.

10/20 6* sig crystals, or some 6* shards back would be perfect. Especially since I'm hoping, if 6* rank ups follow the timelines they're on now, we're at least 3 years off 7*s

or maybe 250 t5cc of that class of the champ you pull
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

How 9,450?
    10k spent, 275 recieved for dupp and 275 from max sig crystal
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Member Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

How 9,450?
    10k spent, 275 recieved for dupp and 275 from max sig crystal
    🤦‍♂️
    Currently, duping 6 stars doesn’t give 6 star shards back. No max sig crystal either.
This discussion has been closed.