**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bp nerf

Comments

• Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Thugsmurf said:

Crcrcrc said:

OP woke up and chose chaos.

Nah he watched Prof Hoff's video on BP.
    Please tell me he said BP can shrug off 6.1.1 degen.
    Nope, but he said he was bad after not using a heavy while using him
    Didn't say that...
    I believe they’re referring to a video by Prof Hoff in which he attempted to showcase the new buff but didn’t play him properly.
  • Options
    ThugsmurfThugsmurf Posts: 85

Thugsmurf said:

Nope, he just said BP sucks.
    Wow. Lol.
    what happens when you barely read the champions abilities

did he even special intercept?
    Forget that, he didn't even intercept normally.
    Lmaoooo oh my goodness man, stop trying to find a negative with what I'm saying. It's my perspective dude, I intercepted plenty of times and if he had maybe like a built in foresight mechanic, like "panthers instinct" or something that would seem worth it but as it is,you gotta intercept a bunch for some okay damage,please dude understand that I'm saying this after playing him correctly in dozens of fights and I'm just unimpressed at his full ramp,panthers might,all that
    Dude we aren't talking about you, but about Prof. If you're Prof Hoff, then you need to learn to read abilities.
    OH IM TRIPPIN LMAO IM SORRY someone kept saying "please tell me he said this" and I was lost,I'm thinking "dang,go read and see what I said" but lol my misunderstanding
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

Crcrcrc said:

Didn't say that...
    I believe they’re referring to a video by Prof Hoff in which he attempted to showcase the new buff but didn’t play him properly.
    Yeah I hadn't caught that lol I was so lost,but I appreciate the clarification
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    If he had critical bleeds or deals direct physical damage from crits, something to really get his damage up to par with the guys on the skill meta, I think it would have been nice. I think with the aggressive playstyle required he should have had like an ability that hinders power like petrify on bleeds or intercepting places a taunt debuff.
  • Options
    I also remembered that I had omitted a few champs that auto block because their auto block can't stun you (nova,modok etc) and I accidentally added guardian in that list sure that ability is cool but theres barely any champs that can auto lock,stun you,AND be bled,that bit seems to be for a small number of champs specifically in war
  • Options

If he had critical bleeds or deals direct physical damage from crits, something to really get his damage up to par with the guys on the skill meta, I think it would have been nice. I think with the aggressive playstyle required he should have had like an ability that hinders power like petrify on bleeds or intercepting places a taunt debuff.

All excellent points,is he a horrible champ? No.but I don't see him being used in the current meta or anytime soon and you need specific utility to match certain playstyles like you said,I can easily see them saying "on intercepts, black panther sneaks wakandan tech onto the opponent that hinders power gain"etc
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, I thought the buff would be better. If is shrug off cool down wasn't so long he could be much better and not OP at all still. It's sad that Jabari is better out the door. Ill just use Crossbones. He is much better. Better Damage, Shrug, and AR
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

@Thugsmurf
    I agree with you. Kabam did NOT need to take anything away from BP, just add.

All the buffs that make people mad, seem to be Buffs that also have Nerfs.

I don't know why Kabam can't just ADD to champs.
    Reduce the amount of buffing, but keep the core champ that people ranked.

Karatemike did a good comparison of damage and new BP was significantly nerfed in damage and damage was all that old BP had.

Exactly my point bro,that's all I'm trynna get across,damage was a massive issue with him and.he needed all.he could get,I understand "balance" but a buff is a buff,you shouldn't subtract when the champ needs all the love they can get
  • Options

Denslo500 said:

@Thugsmurf

Karatemike did a good comparison of damage and new BP was significantly nerfed in damage and damage was all that old BP had.

I don't understand what you think they took away. He still bleeds and that's ALL he did before his buff. He has new mechanics and animations.
    Saying "he still bleeds" is very negligent to the important thing and that's what those bleeds do. Take antman for instance,he can inflict poison but it's horrible and no one uses it,which he is the most popular champ to be buffed at the moment,he has solid utility in the form of glancing which makes him a bit of a tank,debuffs for like diss track,and some great synergies but he's someone a lot of people wanna see tuned up,like I said,give it some time and either black panther will get a proper bump or he will fade away again
  • Options

Yeah, I thought the buff would be better. If is shrug off cool down wasn't so long he could be much better and not OP at all still. It's sad that Jabari is better out the door. Ill just use Crossbones. He is much better. Better Damage, Shrug, and AR

That's my entire point,his buff is extremely underwhelming and he has okay damage at best with his synergies,they could have tried harder
  • Options

Denslo500 said:

@Thugsmurf

I don't understand what you think they took away. He still bleeds and that's ALL he did before his buff. He has new mechanics and animations.
    His synergies which could make him much better and add the damage he needed was taken away and we want it back
    Literally had his 2 synergies that made him playable nerfed, you can't balance a champ that already has nothing,you gotta build on them
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Demonzfyre
    They reduced his damage synergies.

There are people who worked very hard to put together the synergy team and Kabam dishonored them.

To have all the effort and good RNG feel wasted, is very disheartening.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Denslo500 said:

@Thugsmurf

The simple fact remains if they only kept reworks to adding attributes and didn't take away in some cases, you would find the game in quite a messy state. Balancing sometimes requires subtracting. Ideally you would try to take away as little as possible, but people have a tendency to think more is more, and it's not as simple as that. There has to be a rebalancing element. Only adding things would be very problematic down the road.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Thugsmurf said:

Crcrcrc said:

Didn't say that...
    Read what I quoted, it’s not about you
    Ik I was trippin lol
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Denslo500 said:

@Thugsmurf

The simple fact remains if they only kept reworks to adding attributes and didn't take away in some cases, you would find the game in quite a messy state. Balancing sometimes requires subtracting. Ideally you would try to take away as little as possible, but people have a tendency to think more is more, and it's not as simple as that. There has to be a rebalancing element. Only adding things would be very problematic down the road.
    If you’re saying removing the synergy but adding the buff was necessary then I 100% agree with you. If you’re saying this was a bad buff for doing that, ignore the first part of this. I’m not sure which one you meant tbh
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Thugsmurf said:

Thugsmurf said:

Nope, he just said BP sucks.
    Wow. Lol.
    what happens when you barely read the champions abilities

did he even special intercept?
    Forget that, he didn't even intercept normally.
    Lmaoooo oh my goodness man, stop trying to find a negative with what I'm saying. It's my perspective dude, I intercepted plenty of times and if he had maybe like a built in foresight mechanic, like "panthers instinct" or something that would seem worth it but as it is,you gotta intercept a bunch for some okay damage,please dude understand that I'm saying this after playing him correctly in dozens of fights and I'm just unimpressed at his full ramp,panthers might,all that
    Dude we aren't talking about you, but about Prof. If you're Prof Hoff, then you need to learn to read abilities.
    OH IM TRIPPIN LMAO IM SORRY someone kept saying "please tell me he said this" and I was lost,I'm thinking "dang,go read and see what I said" but lol my misunderstanding
    Oh lol.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

@Demonzfyre
    They reduced his damage synergies.

There are people who worked very hard to put together the synergy team and Kabam dishonored them.

To have all the effort and good RNG feel wasted, is very disheartening.

Right cause OG BP was doing all the contents out there with his amazing synergy teams just beating up act 6 and act 7. From what I remember before his buff he was a top contender to do Abyss as well right?
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre
    No one is saying that.

I am saying that ANYONE who ranked BP before, did so for their own specific reasons.
    We may not like or agree, but we should respect their choice.
    Kabam should respect that.

I think they can ADD to champs and not subtract.
    Especially a champ like BP, who had almost nothing.

@GroundedWisdom
    Kabam can balance what they ADD to the kit. They do not have to remove the core of the character to balance. Just reduce what is ADDED.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

@Demonzfyre
    No one is saying that.

I am saying that ANYONE who ranked BP before, did so for their own specific reasons.

@GroundedWisdom
    Kabam can balance what they ADD to the kit. They do not have to remove the core of the character to balance. Just reduce what is ADDED.

Nothing about the Tigra Synergy had anything to do with the core of BP. It was an additive that came later on.
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Honestly, I have no idea why the Tigra synergy was nerfed. Even with the Tigra synergy, black panther isnt going to have insane, game breaking damage, just decent damage, so I have no idea why they nerfed the synergy.
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

@Demonzfyre
    No one is saying that.

@GroundedWisdom

I think people need to go back and learn what overhaul means. Everyone was all for this program and now all the sudden you just want champs to have things added. People ranking BP up did it for fun. There's not a single person here who uses BP on their main attack team for serious content. If you ranked him, you more than likely had expiring cats or Rank Up gems in the overflow.

Where were all you people before his buff talking about all these "important synergies" and how great he was before the buff?
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom
    His core was damage. Tigra built on that core. Nerfing it deviated from his core.
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

GroundedWisdom
    His core was damage. Tigra built on that core. Nerfing it deviated from his core.

What damage? If he was so powerful why did everyone want him buffed?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

@GroundedWisdom

His core was only “damage” because he had 0 utility.

That’s like saying Ebony Maw’s core is utility
  • Options
    @BitterSteel
    Exactly.
    And if they do a real buff on Ebony Maw's damage, but nerf his Falter, Ebony Maw fans will be upset.
  • Options
    Mastermike1991Mastermike1991 Posts: 9
    If they don’t do some work on blk panthers numbers I’m going to quit this game how can they make a champ hit so weak and say they “buff” the champ that an obvious nerf this games a joke