**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hand to Hand Combat Crystals

KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
Is anyone else really underwhelmed by the pool of champs in this crystal. Like I'm not excited for any of the champions' on the list, I understand they're trying to have the whole theme of fist fights but it just makes for a dissapointing pool of champs. I think it could do with a tune up, maybe have it include more skill champs or make it have other bare fist fighters from other classes like luke cage or something. Or I think it would be really cool if they added Shang Chi into the crystals and gave us a chance to pull him early.

Comments

• Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    Yeah I don’t know why Kabam asks for feedback on side quests (including their rewards) when they do stuff like this.

I liked the idea of the House Keys event (although MANY people are not a fan of RNG rewards and for good reason, too). However, with this event, I like the idea of the “Tournament” side quest — but the rewards are lackluster especially with the limited champion pool.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★

I would be super happy if they did. It is kind of a bummer that they took out Nick Fury, who would be a top 2 champ in the crystal. In terms of adding Shang-Chi in the crystals, I think it would be a nice addition, but they would never go for it. I remember how fun it was back in December when I realized that they put Spider-Ham in the Epoch cavs, so I grinded the side quest to try and be the first person to get a 5 or 6* Spider-Ham

Spider Ham side quest is going to be my favorite for a long time!
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    *Aegon has entered the chat
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Perhaps Kabam could have just not given out Crystals at all. I'm sure that would satisfy everyone more right?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Yea the pool could have been better, especially since the logic in choosing the champion too is kinda scewed.

Edit: After looking back at the pool, it honestly isn't too bad. It's just that it contains champs that people would rank up for "fun" and general b-tier option purposes, none of the eye-catching champs like Nick and Kingping.

I'm personally excited to pull DDHK and OG BP.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I like the cavs, but I do have to say this new pool is not quite as good as the valentines ones. I don’t have Aegon though, so hoping to add him to the 5 or 6* collection!
  • Options
    Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46
    I'm pretty thrilled about it, but I have a skill awakening, skill 3-4, skill 4-5, and enough sig stones to take Aegon straight to sig 200 all stockpiled since roughly 2018. Others mileage may vary.
  • Options
    Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    I'm pretty excited at extra attempts for that aegon and killmonger (for my 6* winter soldier), but I can see how a more developed player would find it underwhelming.
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Siliyo said:

For those of us who have Aegon, it’s not that enticing. However, Aegon is a great champion to pick up out of this event. Even Aegon owners would admit that.
    I agree, but my aegon is already sig 200 haha. There's nobody else in there I want, and I was really expecting Fury to be in there. (he's my most wanted champ in the history of the game lol)
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

For those of us who have Aegon, it’s not that enticing. However, Aegon is a great champion to pick up out of this event. Even Aegon owners would admit that.
    exactly my point. i'm on the hunt for him personally and just in general he's a stud of a champ
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Siliyo said:

ItsDamien said:

Perhaps Kabam could have just not given out Crystals at all. I'm sure that would satisfy everyone more right?

Perhaps Kabam could have just not made this game. I’m sure that would satisfy you more, right?

Poor excuse of a case on your part.
    No, you're right, Kabam could have not made this game. But they did. And they chose what rewards that we receive for free, with the exception of the few minutes a day that's needed to run this side quest. Kids these days need to learn the meaning of the phrase "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" instead of being perpetually ungrateful for everything.
    I am not that interested in the crystal since the only champions I don't have are BW, BWDO and DD(Classic). But, these crystals are not exactly "gifts", they are "rewards" for completing the side event. It's perfectly fine for some people to be critical of Kabam if they are not satisfied with the crystal. It it is from a calendar or something, then we may agree on criticism is unwarranted. That is not the case here.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Really low on 5* shards this month so I feel bad for those who are going Cavalier that are waiting for the right counter but will be limited with these fist fighting champs.
  • Options
    KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

Kyusushui said:

ItsDamien said:

Siliyo said:

ItsDamien said:

Perhaps Kabam could have just not made this game. I’m sure that would satisfy you more, right?

Poor excuse of a case on your part.
    No, you're right, Kabam could have not made this game. But they did. And they chose what rewards that we receive for free, with the exception of the few minutes a day that's needed to run this side quest. Kids these days need to learn the meaning of the phrase "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" instead of being perpetually ungrateful for everything.
    I don't understand this arguement. Like do people not realize that it's beneficial for Kabam to have people play their game. That's why they try and make the playerbase happy because there wouldn't be a game without people playing. Like it's perfectly fine to not be happy with rewards within a game even if it's a free game. As a player you are an asset to Kabam and one that they count on for the games survival, that's why they try and make people happy and take feedback. So people will return to their game.
    Because they could have never added the crystals in the first place and people wouldn't have complained because they wouldn't have been missing anything. Instead they get upset because it's not exactly what that individual player wants. It's extra free stuff that you're going to get on top of the rewards that are already there that you would be getting from running the side quest anyway. And what an individual person values something is irrelevant when there are hundreds of thousands of other players who will benefit from this addition and be grateful to get something extra.

Hell I don't care about any of the champs in the pool, with the exception being KM who I simply don't have as a 5*, and even if I just dupe my already sig 200 Aegon, that's just extra shards.

Instead of having a perspective of absolute disappointment at every single small thing, people need to look at the positives of what you're gaining in addition to what you'd already be getting. It's the same issue I have with people's mentality on this month's side quest. Yes, RNG rewards suck. Yes, it would be nice to get more of the valuable rewards. But why skip out on extra gold, catalyst frags, and sig stones when you're always going to need them for something. People are just perpetually upset all the time about every small detail, instead of just enjoying the game for what it is, a game.
    But it's not extra it's rewards for the side quest and it's seemingly taking place of the 5* shards. Like it would be extra if it was an additional even in the month like some special boss rush or arena but no it's the rewards of the side quest.
    As for the your whole arguement that people are being selfish and dissapointed with everything, we all play the game too. We just as much as all other players deserve rewards that help grow our accounts and some are dissapointed because we're just not getting that with these rewards. No one's saying that this crystal just shouldn't be given out instead people are just making a point that it would be better if it had a wider pool of characters.
    Also you are right RNG does suck, that's why last month people gave Kabam there feedback on the side quest, instead of making it random just offer all the rewards as options and have player pick based on what there account needs, there are people who have no need for gold catalyst etc. That's why people argue for more rewards that are better suited for all players, no one is saying no don't give out any rewards they're just saying "hey it might be nice if these rewards were better suited for all of us"