**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This months Cavalier Difficulty [Merged]

13»

Comments

• Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    I think some of the negative feedback comes from players who have always enjoyed the challenge of this game historically. And these threads are triggering to them, as they don't want this to become a bubble popping game cause it will ruin it for them. Myself included. It's meant to be a fighting game, and a complex one at that. With 100s of characters and 100s of nodes that can be combined to make unique challenges. I love this game because it's more than a skill based fighting game. Puzzle solving is actually an equal, if not greater aspect of the game as well. I find it sad to see the "us" and "them" dynamic that is happening in community. There's actually more than one set in fact.

Ftp vs spenders
    Old school vs New School, etc...

And yes, rant posts will seldom be met with positive encouragement. So that part is definitely on the OP. But, the bottom line is for new players to have patience. And to embrace the game for what it is/can be. A never-ending journey. The game has changed. And one of the byproducts is impatience or the idea that after 6 months - a year of playing they should be able to tackle any content. This just isn't historically accurate. There are folks who have played this game for 6+ years. I just hope newer players finally begin process this fact and take a step back and embrace the fact that they still have much to learn. Only then will they enjoy the learning process, and the game. Because that is the game, essentially.

• Options
    satvik17satvik17 Posts: 76
    Even the UC is harder than usual
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

1. Difficulty is fluid. Do you expect Kabam to keep it the same after 8 months of in-game rewards, Cyber Monday, Spring Cleaning deals, and roster growth?

2. You're Cavalier. You didn't start playing yesterday and this isn't the first time you've noticed a bump in difficulty. You got over it then and you'll get over it now.

Difficulty shouldn’t be fluid for content rated toward progression levels. Cavalier EQ isn’t “cutting edge top tier EQ” or “Thronebreaker EQ.” It has a specific target, not a target that evolves with the players like story mode.
    Actually, it does, and should, much as Uncollected did. It shouldn't move upward with the same speed as the top players of the game of course, but "the average Cavalier player" is not a static target either. The champions we have available today are, on average, stronger than they were two years ago. The average skill level of players, specifically because they are exposed to more sophisticated nodes than we were two years ago, is also higher. If the content remained absolutely static, it would actually get easier over time on a relative basis.

That's separate from the fact that novelty is also something that should be added to the game at a reasonable pace. Content that is structurally unvarying over long periods of time eventually becomes boring to even a wide audience.

And that's also separate from what (almost) all content is supposed to be doing: preparing you for the next higher content. For years the game's difficulty was mostly about champions gaining higher attack and health, fights getting longer, and players being asked to play with fewer errors and taking less hits, and that's it. It has evolved over time, especially recently, to having higher tier content be more sophisticated and complex, and requiring a more diverse skill set. Monthly EQ has to evolve with that, or players won't have the skills they need to survive a post Act 6 world.

Cavalier EQ is not a reward for completing 6.1. Cavalier EQ is the next step *upward* for people who beat 6.1. It is meant to be something you have to get better at the game to beat, to prepare you for the rest of Act 6 and Act 7 and beyond.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    These devs don’t make sense sometimes. Why would you put a node like Buffed Up (requiring you to have 3 buffs to do damage), then have a node that Fate Seals you if you have lower power? If Hit Monkey doesn’t want to throw his special, good luck buddy — you’re doing nothing. This lacks EQ innovation.
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Yes it's more difficult bla bla bla. It's not really that bad though. I did the spiderman boss itemless, but at the same time I used 4 revives and a team revive on shang-chi. This made me throughly embarrassed, so I focused the next time I fought Shang-Chi, and I beat him itemless. It's all about focus and counters. If you don't like cav eq, maybe uncollected is a better option for you.