**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Guardian need to be awakened?

Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just finished V7 and pulled 5* guardian and 6* kingpin and I have a tech gem to awaken guardian. Should I do it?

Does Guardian need to be awakened? 82 votes

Yes!
84%
Frostyjdrum663TerraShadowstrikeUnsilentRasiloverTitoBandito187Colonaut123Cr7ms7rs7ZADO1991Wine_LoverRamadaRockypantherxSidDDragonDr_Z01dberg_Sham_MattstafariBillie90Kill_GreyAkkarin23 69 votes
No!
15%
GamerNanoDroidCazOliveneAMS94Sparx265Phillip14233SkyLord7000Thebombsquad1TenukeringCaptainLSubzeroCEdisonLaw 13 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Who else in tech class do you have (screenshot pls)
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★

It’s pretty desolate 😂
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Yes!
    And give him all the sigs. So much utility and he becomes even tankier
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Need? No. Does it make him much better? For sure. He still has a lot of utility unawakened but his stats just get way better. If you asked whether or not his sig ability was important, I would say yes, but need is a strong word and he isn't that reliant upon it for anything. Also, as opposed to the rest of your roster, he is definitely worth it more than any of them.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes!
    Yes, but do you also have sig stones?

Nope I only have 3
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    It's gives him more survivability and Utility but it's not absolutely necessary. It's nice to have though
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

It’s pretty desolate 😂
    Give Guardian
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Yes!

Nope I only have 3
    In that case, use it on Punisher 2099. The best thing about it, is that you start with a higher battery, coupled with CAIW means you can quickly go into overdrive. You only need sig 1 for that.

It all depends who you're using the most. If you don't mind waiting for Guardian to become effective, then awaken him. Certainly if you don't plan on using P2099.
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    Is he worth a generic? I have him 5/65 but tbh I haven’t rly payed any attention to his sig cus my ally mates said it doesn’t matter too much on him
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Yes!
    Tech gem yes, generic no (unless you have one expiring)

I did it 😁
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Yes!
    AMS94 said:

He doesn't NEED it.....but he gains A LOT from high sig
    U cn use him unawakened occassionally, but if u're planning to use him a lot then better give him a gem & all ur tech stones
    It's like CAPIW where the damage is still there but a lot of his utility comes from high sig level
    He gets a lot more sustainable & cn counter a lot more stuff that he won't be able to handle otherwise

This. He benefits from max sig , it makes him more sustainable in high end content. It also makes him pseudo immune to (or if u have willpower and recovery sometimes even allows you to heal from it) lotsa annoying energy based DoT's that don't have that many counters in the game such as Magik's Limbo, Domino's Critical Failure, Coldsnap, Frostbite, etc. That plus giving Guardian itself CAIW-like Block Proficiency ( besides him giving Block Prof to everyone in the time) has made him a staple in my questing runs.