**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

After a month of playing Guilotine 2099, I’m disappointed...

While she has tremendous damage and good utility, the requirement that she use her special 3 to end the fight has resulted in fights going wrong in that last 10 percent of my opponent’s health meter. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has thought - why not just require her to end a fight on any special attack?

For what it’s worth, this would make her so much more of a practical champion. As of now, I kinda wish I would have taken my Vision or Starlord to Rank 5. I know they’re both not as good as Guilotine 2099 at their base but I just feel like she’s a flawed champion with that special 3 requirement.

Comments

• Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Agree 100% OP
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    @Kill_Grey help me defend guilly
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Riptide said:

@Kill_Grey help me defend guilly

ol' Kill_Grey is muted.
    Fixed
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Sorry, but you're probably using her in lesser content. Tell us the rank of your guilly and where you've used her
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I mean yea, I agree that would make her easier to play.

But she's already a monster and doesn't need the change. Plus, Kabam might think it would be too broken and nerf her other abilities then.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I use my r2 6 star g2099 always ( soon will be r3)
    Why everyone thinks that she need to end each fight with sp3. I know there comes mega damage after that. But her base damage is still awesome and can melt enemies in range of 90k hp.
    Aq:- just ramp up once and use her for boss fight. But even if she can't be ramped up ,she is still destroying the fight in good time. Her block is good, double immunity
    Aw :- ok, without ramp up this mode is tough for her.
    Cav eq :- I don't think there's a fight where she can't get to sp 3 even after being ramped up in previous fights
    Act 6 and beyond:- I don't think hp pools are too small that she's can't get to sp3

I respectfully disagree with OP above how g2099 can't ramp up. Even without ramp up her damage is solid plus her utilities. I don't own a ghost or warlock as 5 or 6 star so for me she's best tech champ followed by HB.
  • Options
    AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    She is made for long fight but minimum health of the opponent should be more than 60-70k if you want to end a fight with sp3 after ramp up (no Suicides)

You can also build some power by blocking some hits (same as you do against thing) regeneration will help you if you are not facing huge attack ratings

And if your g2099 is dupped than you can also build some power by getting hits after stacking those combo shield with 5-6 heavy because she can't lose more than 10% with single Hit (not the best but it works if you can calculate how much damage you can take and when regeneration will trigger to keep you alive)

Don't use any special other than sp1 if possible (sp1 to control power of your opponent and it will also help you to use any special if needed according the situation)

I think she just needs some calculation and that comes with experience, her playstyle is very easy, just manage your combo and use heavy for protection and quick build up for sp3
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I'm not taking mine to r5 cause I'm afraid I won't be able to ramp her up. But should I do it? Especially with 7.2 coming
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Did people forgot that she knocks any opponent at 5 percent health using sp3.
    Then what's the issue?
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    I have the solution to this problem.

Use warlock
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Did people forgot that she knocks any opponent at 5 percent health using sp3.
    Then what's the issue?

Not in LOL or abyss tho
    Wrong.

The problem is that she sometimes kills the opponent too fast without being able to get to an sp3 and so, the next fight will be long. In most cases this is not the case and one has to control their power carefully.
  • Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    Xva23 said:

I'm not taking mine to r5 cause I'm afraid I won't be able to ramp her up. But should I do it? Especially with 7.2 coming

i have a 6 star r3 guilly i’ve been using for act 6 exploration and act 7. act 6 onwards have high health pool, mostly you will be able to reach sp3. her damage is so satisfying when ramped up but if the health pool isn’t that high you don’t really need the ramp-up. she’s also an amazing boss killer. for the past few months i’ve been using her as a boss killer for cavalier eq
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    The sp3 mechanic is an unnecessary limitation. What was the purpose, to limit her usefulness in lower content? Lol.

I think she should just keep the +100 if she doesn't get hit. On a similar page, I think Morningstar should just get souls for winning fights.