**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why LUKE CAGE is so under rated?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Luke cage is a good champ. Good for power control and taking damage. Not flashy, but gets the job done.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    He's not underrated - people realise he's got value. I think he's 'rated' about right, as someone with specific value to a team; great for an early player, but not really Endgame material.

He's got better ability to power control than many people think. In any champ with a Power Gain ability, he can reverse it with 5 or more Exhaustion.

He's exceptionally fun to play with in the Cav EQ. It's just joyous watching him batter opponents down with 15-20k medium attacks.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Check his abilities re: attack boost per debuff. That helps the attack damage out considerably.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Terra said:

I didn't know he was underrated.

It's just because many don't use him anymore.
    Science has alot of top options, so almost no one looks at the middle of the group class anymore.
    I'd actually say he's stood the test of time. He's just as useful as he's been since the buff. He may not be flashy and new, but he hasn't become less useful either.
    Agreed. His usefulness hasn't diminished.
    But in today's very narrow minded Meta, simply being "useful" isn't enough.
    Only flashy and new champs are on the eyes of Meta followers.
    Damn shame really
    Exactly, so many useful champs get tossed to the curb for not being total monsters just like iHulk, even though he is a monster

To OP, I guess I need to try LC again, I haven't used mine much
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Check his abilities re: attack boost per debuff. That helps the attack damage out considerably.

Dr. Zola

Hmm roughly 50% of his attack per debuff.
    A 6* r3 Luke gets 1347 more attack per debuff on enemy and Luke has 2994 as 6* r3 at base.
    Considering the ease of stacking debuffs (let's say he gets 4 exhaustion which is reasonable) he gets around 8384 attack.
  • Options
    BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    Luke cage was my second r5 after guilly99. Never regretted the decision. He with guilly99 helped me become cavalier. Luke cage is still super useful in eq aq and in the incursions as well. He is one champ that always finds his place in my roster
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

A 6* r3 Luke gets 1347 more attack per debuff on enemy and Luke has 2994 as 6* r3 at base.
    Considering the ease of stacking debuffs (let's say he gets 4 exhaustion which is reasonable) he gets around 8384 attack.
    I’ve always assumed it’s per debuff, not per each type of debuff. It’s been a long time since I had points on the Inequity mastery tree, but for anyone who does I would welcome an analysis of precisely how much it boosts Cage’s attack.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    DrZola said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I’ve always assumed it’s per debuff, not per each type of debuff. It’s been a long time since I had points on the Inequity mastery tree, but for anyone who does I would welcome an analysis of precisely how much it boosts Cage’s attack.

Dr. Zola
    Well, we do have a resident mathematical genius with essay writing skills on the forums. Maybe they know?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Terra said:

DrZola said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Well, we do have a resident mathematical genius with essay writing skills on the forums. Maybe they know?
    If DNA isn't going to pick this up:
    The boost is per debuff, not per unique debuff. That's a major difference between Luke and, say, Void.

I'm guessing you mean Resonate rather than Inequity - Resonate inflicts a Weakness debuff.
    However, it doesn't stack: it gives you easy access to a single additional debuff. Inequity reduces the opponent's Attack by 3-6% per debuff. It caps at 36%; which Luke can access fairly easily. It's a good Mastery for him.

Luke gains 45% Attack per debuff on the opponent. That's a flat increase, with no upper limit.

Base Attack at 6* 3/45=2994

With Resonate, and fighting an opponent running full suicides, that's three debuffs, for a total 135% Attack increase (7036 at 6* 3/45)

Fighting Kingpin or iAbomination with six debuffs is a 270% increase (Attack rises to 11078 at 6* 3/45)

Fighting in Cavalier EQ, with six Exhaustion debuffs and eight Fragility debuffs on the opponent: Luke's Attack rises to 21,856 as a 6* 3/45.

If you do nothing else with him, play around in Cav and have fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    The boost is per debuff, not per unique debuff. That's a major difference between Luke and, say, Void.

I'm guessing you mean Resonate rather than Inequity - Resonate inflicts a Weakness debuff.
    However, it doesn't stack: it gives you easy access to a single additional debuff. Inequity reduces the opponent's Attack by 3-6% per debuff. It caps at 36%; which Luke can access fairly easily. It's a good Mastery for him.

Luke gains 45% Attack per debuff on the opponent. That's a flat increase, with no upper limit.

With Resonate, and fighting an opponent running full suicides, that's three debuffs, for a total 135% Attack increase (7036 at 6* 3/45)

Fighting Kingpin or iAbomination with six debuffs is a 270% increase (Attack rises to 11078 at 6* 3/45)

Fighting in Cavalier EQ, with six Exhaustion debuffs and eight Fragility debuffs on the opponent: Luke's Attack rises to 21,856 as a 6* 3/45.

Wouldn't this mean that Luke has the highest basic attack damage capability? 21k+ attack damage stat is usually reserved for endgame bosses
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    I use him constantly and have since his buff years ago. Was my first rank 5 and still is a mainstay in most of my teams. It’s very easy to maintain 3-4 exhaustions and keep his damage at a good level and when you do stack 8-10 , which usually takes an S3 added to the mix, his damage is excellent
  • Options
    Terra said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Wouldn't this mean that Luke has the highest basic attack damage capability? 21k+ attack damage stat is usually reserved for endgame bosses
    You could say the same about Hela, but there aren't a lot of places Luke can ordinarily sustain that number of debuffs.

Put him on a team with Sunspot and Rulk/MODOK, to benefit from the A.I.M Technology synergy; plus The Champion for the Tough Brawlers synergy; and he starts to be able to sustain slightly ridiculous levels of damage.

Seatin did a video on it once:
    https://youtu.be/uJsMYPhTfU4

• Options
    BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Very informative...
  • Options
    Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    For the longest time my 5* max sig LC was my best science champions, helped me clear so much content on a monthly basis, but I do agree there are better options now, so mostly just a utility champ for certain times in the game niw
  • Options
    Bzee said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Terra said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Very informative...
    Insightful even.