**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Take control of my Account

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
This isn’t Mercing I swear. So I’ve been going back and forth on a fair few rank 3 candidates for multiple classes. So I thought starting a discussion on who you would rank if you had my account would be fun (but mainly help me)

The classes in question are Mutant, Science, Tech and Cosmic. I don’t have a mystic t5cc, and my skill one is reserved for Nick. The others are all up in the air.

No champion is off limits, if you have a case for them I’d love to hear it! This is a fun rank up, so Im open to anyone whether it’s for fun, AW defence, AQ or prestige. What’s your reasoning?

A bit of info on the classes:

Cosmic

Proxima is sig 20, Annihulus is sig 20, ronan is sig 20. I have 54 cosmic 6* gems to use up.

Tech

Civil warrior is sig 20, Nebula is sig 20. 42 tech sigs, but they’re all reserved for Ghost if/when I dupe her.

Mutant

Gambit is sig 20, NightCrawler is sig 60 (RIP). I have 43 sig stones available to use. I also have a 5* Apoc to make someone a horseman/woman

Science

Spidergwen, Joe and MODOK are all sig 20. I have 53 sig stones up for grabs. There is a curveball here though, I do have a science awakening gem that I’m very happy to use on a good champion. So there’s the potential to awaken, and/or rank a science champ here.

But yeah, that’s my roster and options here. I have some gut feelings of who I’m leaning towards but I’d like to hear anyone’s thoughts as well.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Torch is an easy r3. If you really enjoy gambits Apoc synergy, then he would t be a bad choice either. I’m guessing your CGR, Warlock, Ghost, and Prof X are already r3d. If not, then prioritize them as well.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    ItsDamien said:

If you care about prestige at all, Gambit has one of the highest low sig prestige. Plus since you have Apoc as well, he's a great horseman.

I run map 6, so while prestige isn’t irrelevant, we mainly focus on AW and any prestige increase is appreciated.

I do really enjoy gambit, his horseman ability is genuinely incredible, his L2s are really fun when they crit and he is definitely a front runner for me.

proxima is extremely underrated. the only reason she's not regarded more highly is because on the labrynth and abyss damage caps. especially since you have her awakened you can get her 4th mission. I'd go proxima or if not then venom

I really do like Prox, it’s just a shame for a champion who is so reliant on blocking and parrying that her block proficiency is so squishy.

She’s got fantastic burst damage for medium fights too!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Carnage, save the tech, OR, and OG Spidey would be my rankups if I had your account

Torch is an easy r3. If you really enjoy gambits Apoc synergy, then he would t be a bad choice either. I’m guessing your CGR, Warlock, Ghost, and Prof X are already r3d. If not, then prioritize them as well.

I do really love torch, just void and spidergwen are always in the back of my mind.

Void could really benefit from the extra attack, I use him a lot in war as a 5/65. And there’s not many science champs I’d use the awakening gem on. But then torch really benefits from the extra health of being r3 since he takes a lot of blocked hits.

Spidergwen is an afterthought, but damn do I love using her. She’s so fun getting a heavy lock in the corner, really nice utility and that extra damage from r3 would be great for her.

Science is the one class that I wish I had more t5cc for. When/if I finish Carina challenges i would likely pick science.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Torch as said before would of been my top choice. Good utility. Incenerate immune and makes an entire class irrelevant.. I love void but torch can do almost anything void can.. Plus u never know when u will dupe him

And cosmic is venom, personal preference but I would gladly R3 him before I R3 corvus or cmm, I enjoy playing him, plus what he brings to the table that u already know.. And the fact that u again don't know when u will pull a corvus or cmm
  • LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    Gambit for prestige and decent usability. Torch too, I'd save for better in the other classes
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    If it were me, I'd rank Spider-Gwen up. She's fun to play, has some nice utility and damage and isn't dependent on synergies although she benefits greatly from them.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Antman. It'll be the earliest prebuff rank up
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Annihilus for AW defense, because making people angry is the best fun of all.

IMIW if you have a good stealthy, because who doesn't love infinite passive damage!

Torch as said before would of been my top choice. Good utility. Incenerate immune and makes an entire class irrelevant.. I love void but torch can do almost anything void can.. Plus u never know when u will dupe him

And cosmic is venom, personal preference but I would gladly R3 him before I R3 corvus or cmm, I enjoy playing him, plus what he brings to the table that u already know.. And the fact that u again don't know when u will pull a corvus or cmm

I do really like Torch, I'm a big fan. Account wise, I am using Torch at the moment both as r2 and 5/65, but I'm not using void as a 6*. So the biggest change to my account might be to rank and awaken void, meaning I start using him. That's my thought process there.

The other thing is I am half waiting to dupe either torch or void and then awaken the other with the gem. But now I have the wildcards of ant man and miles added in there as potential god tier buffs.

Honestly for cosmic, I wouldn't rank Cap or Corvus. Have both as 5/65 and only use Cap for AQ- not the biggest fan of her elsewhere. I do like venom, but can't quite bring myself to r3 him. What i could do is rank 3 both Gwen and Venom, they do make a great pair!

If it were me, I'd rank Spider-Gwen up. She's fun to play, has some nice utility and damage and isn't dependent on synergies although she benefits greatly from them.

This is what I didn't want to hear! I have such a soft spot for Gwen, but I know void and torch are better. I enjoy playing all 3 which is why it's so tough. As I said before, venom and gwen could be a great combo to r3.

The other thing is that if i didnt rank gwen now, then I don't think I'd rank her for ages. But Torch and Void will likely always be good rank ups.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Venom and Torch would be the top 2 I would take to rank 3.
    IKON said:

Annihilus for AW defense, because making people angry is the best fun of all.

IMIW if you have a good stealthy, because who doesn't love infinite passive damage!

I have considered annihulus, I’m just not too keen on ranking up a defender unless I enjoyed using them. I guess he’d be fun for incursions though!

I do have this spidey! I do love that passive damage, and he’s probably the tech I’m leaning most towards right now. I wish I could get him awakened, that power gain is no joke. He’s awesome unduped though, and I’d love to bring him into war!
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Do you have 5* void ranked? His sig is the best in science class. Solid r3 there
    Muts maybe gambit, if you like him
    Cosmic — Ronan would be so cheesy, if you feel like investing a lot of sigs into him
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Void
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    I would wait for ant man and spideys overhaul. Wasp and spidey gwen are good options too
    Aleor said:

Do you have 5* void ranked? His sig is the best in science class. Solid r3 there
    Muts maybe gambit, if you like him
    Cosmic — Ronan would be so cheesy, if you feel like investing a lot of sigs into him

I have a 5/65 void sig 180, which is another reason I’m slightly hesitant on him as a 6*. Power reversal and heal reversal is the same on a 6* as a 2*, so there’s no point ranking him up for that. The extra damage and health would be nice for a decent but not insane damage champion

I would wait for ant man and spideys overhaul. Wasp and spidey gwen are good options too

That could be ages to be fair, by then I could have had 6 months of a r3 champ, and may well have another science t5cc
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Cosmic: Venom, no brainer.

Tech: I am in doubt between Sentinel, Doc Ock, P2099 and Mysterio. You can make arguments and counter arguments for all of them.

Mutant: Colossus, no brainer.

Science: there aren't any that I like, I would wait.

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I suggest ranking up venom (for variant content and general fun), doc oc (for the power control; specifically for some of v2 and 3), and wasp (just cause I love wasp). Just for clarification, I suggest taking them to rank 2.

Cosmic: Venom, no brainer.

Tech: I am in doubt between Sentinel, Doc Ock, P2099 and Mysterio. You can make arguments and counter arguments for all of them.

Mutant: Colossus, no brainer.

Science: there aren't any that I like, I would wait.

So for me, I'm not a big fan of sentinel. I feel like he has really great damage and double immunities but apart from that not much going for him and doesn't fill any sort of hole in my roster, i have both of those things. Plus i find him clunky and not great to play.

Doc Oc has been on my radar for ages, but I just find his damage lacking. I am planning on R2ing him at least, if I don't r3 him. Same with P2099, although I only just pulled him so need to give him a chance. Not a fan of swapping Mysterio's utility for damage.

Mutant wise- shoot me but I don't really like colossus. He's great and all but not for me.
    Will3808 said:

I suggest ranking up venom (for variant content and general fun), doc oc (for the power control; specifically for some of v2 and 3), and wasp (just cause I love wasp). Just for clarification, I suggest taking them to rank 2.

Venom would have to be for general fun rather than variant, all are complete! I do really like the idea of ranking him up alongside spidergwen for their synergy. Wasp is interesting, I've only ever really used her alongside ghost to be honest. She's nice, but for me lacking utility
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I would probably be looking at 7.2 and the new gauntlet coming up.
    Texas_11 said:

I would probably be looking at 7.2 and the new gauntlet coming up.

7.2 doesn’t look like it’s going to be incredibly hard, and I doubt it could throw me anything I’d absolutely need a specific rank up for- but the gauntlet is a good point
    RekMan said:

CGR. If you don't have good science champions, torch. Ghost once she's awakened.

Ghost and CGR are already rank 3 lol