**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

what I don't understand

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

how long was starburst and lazarus bugged for? it was MONTHS that those nodes didn't work in aq, incursions, etc. Back in the day, UC in lab didn't have his unstoppable for like what, 6 months? And the idea that AA should have been able to stun a stun immune (what the hell? IMMUNE...) is absurd even if one person one time said something completely insane.

Who said the insane thing? I need to know these things, I'm kind of the guy for that.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,035 ★★★★★

how long was starburst and lazarus bugged for? it was MONTHS that those nodes didn't work in aq, incursions, etc. Back in the day, UC in lab didn't have his unstoppable for like what, 6 months? And the idea that AA should have been able to stun a stun immune (what the hell? IMMUNE...) is absurd even if one person one time said something completely insane.

Who said the insane thing? I need to know these things, I'm kind of the guy for that.
    it was a mod that said it, that's why people have harped on it for years, despite how absurd it is

it was a mod that said it, that's why people have harped on it for years, despite how absurd it is
    Dang, how did they even get hired in the first place lol... if he's immune he's immune don't know how you would get around that
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Well, if someone responsible for communicating does it wrong, it does not fall on the players to correct them. We have so many absurd interactions in the game, no one can say which is correct and which is not unless someone who is in charge clarifies it. It was the same case with the MS regen situation and the she hulk 4 hit into heavy combo. It was working that way for years and then someone comes and says it's not supposed to be that way.
    It was AA who was insane without even that ability. With the situation like Drax, who was changed, but not acknowledged as a change is what I would call absurd.

Dang, how did they even get hired in the first place lol... if he's immune he's immune don't know how you would get around that
    ya it was a bug for a looooong time, it would be like if nick fury could bleed sentinel

It was the start of interactions like these. AA had ability accuracy reduction which was insane, and people though that the nuerotoxin bypassed the immunity or something like that. I think AA was also the first champ with a passive effect, so it could be people thought the stun was a byproduct of that. Whatever the case, you cannot blame people for believing a Mod.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/v18-1-release-notes/
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41952/arch-angel-against-stun-immune-champs
    Take a look at those threads for reference.
    Pulyaman said:

Well, if someone responsible for communicating does it wrong, it does not fall on the players to correct them. We have so many absurd interactions in the game, no one can say which is correct and which is not unless someone who is in charge clarifies it. It was the same case with the MS regen situation and the she hulk 4 hit into heavy combo. It was working that way for years and then someone comes and says it's not supposed to be that way.
    It was AA who was insane without even that ability. With the situation like Drax, who was changed, but not acknowledged as a change is what I would call absurd.
    no, none of those are anywhere close to the ability to bypass an immunity. I understand it was the mods fault for saying something absurd, but humans have to use SOME logic

Pulyaman said:

no, none of those are anywhere close to the ability to bypass an immunity. I understand it was the mods fault for saying something absurd, but humans have to use SOME logic
    But, you are the same person that says Dormammu is not incinerate immune because it says so in game.Why iceman is not coldsnap immune? because it's the game. You cannot say use logic here, but not there. It has to be consistent. It was absolutely the mods fault, but there was no repercussion for that or no compensation for the mistake. At the very least, people should have been given the option to rank down the champ.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

But, you are the same person that says Dormammu is not incinerate immune because it says so in game.Why iceman is not coldsnap immune? because it's the game. You cannot say use logic here, but not there. It has to be consistent. It was absolutely the mods fault, but there was no repercussion for that or no compensation for the mistake. At the very least, people should have been given the option to rank down the champ.
    That mod was fired, so there was plenty of repercussion. I've never said anything about dorm or iceman and their abilities, again, that's completely different and unrelated to the topic.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That mod was fired, so there was plenty of repercussion. I've never said anything about dorm or iceman and their abilities, again, that's completely different and unrelated to the topic.
    What about to the players who ranked up the champ based on the message? AA is an amazing champ, that does not mean they don't deserve some compensation for the mistake.
    You were talking about logic. What is the logic behind Dorm and iceman not being immune? You can argue semantics all you want, but you cannot blame the players for believing what a mod says when it was asked specifically regarding the interaction.
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★

So, there was a bug with the new training mode, okay, bugs happen. But this seemed to benefit players, so the entire game got shut down to fix it.. Understandable.

But, there's still issues with incursions and persistent charge bugs.

What I don't understand is that Kabam can take the game offline if there's an "unfair advantage" due to a bug, but if it affects the player negatively they just take their sweet time in fixing it. Fury is still broken, where he doesn't start in decoy mode, champion still gains fury without cap. Why aren't these worthy of shutting the game down?

Is it just money, you only care when it affects your coffers? Or just a lack of transparency in how you go about fixing problems?

It's also extremely off-putting to be threatened for something most players didn't do, as soon we boot into the game after the forced update.
    I, for one, was thinking highly about spending for 4th of July, but now I'm putting a full freeze against this game. You don't deserve our time or money with childish moves like this.

I just made a post this morning here in the forum, talking about the exact same thing ("kabam please consider how to approach the players"), but due to I am danish, I have difficulty explaining it properly, and then I found your post... I totally agree with you 👍
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

What about to the players who ranked up the champ based on the message? AA is an amazing champ, that does not mean they don't deserve some compensation for the mistake.
    You were talking about logic. What is the logic behind Dorm and iceman not being immune? You can argue semantics all you want, but you cannot blame the players for believing what a mod says when it was asked specifically regarding the interaction.
    I've seen this argument a lot with this situation and recently with the KP prestige thing. If you were ranking AA to stun a stun immune defender, that's on you for not realizing his potential for everything else in this game. Same with KP and prestige. People talking about putting an AG into him and some low amount of stones and wanting their stuff back. Like why? Why would you invest in a champion like that at the original prestige they thought he had was still 36th out of all 6*'s. After his buff, he's a fantastic attacker and a really good defender. People focus so much on the one little thing and not the overall picture.
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    edited May 2021

mortenhy said:

So, there was a bug with the new training mode, okay, bugs happen. But this seemed to benefit players, so the entire game got shut down to fix it.. Understandable.

What I don't understand is that Kabam can take the game offline if there's an "unfair advantage" due to a bug, but if it affects the player negatively they just take their sweet time in fixing it. Fury is still broken, where he doesn't start in decoy mode, champion still gains fury without cap. Why aren't these worthy of shutting the game down?

Is it just money, you only care when it affects your coffers? Or just a lack of transparency in how you go about fixing problems?

It's also extremely off-putting to be threatened for something most players didn't do, as soon we boot into the game after the forced update.
    I, for one, was thinking highly about spending for 4th of July, but now I'm putting a full freeze against this game. You don't deserve our time or money with childish moves like this.

I just made a post this morning here in the forum, talking about the exact same thing ("kabam please consider how to approach the players"), but due to I am danish, I have difficulty explaining it properly, and then I found your post... I totally agree with you 👍
    You shouldn't. If you were offended by that message then maybe you were the one taking advantage of the bug knowingly.

I also found out that Prof Hoff most likely started this whole "threatened" thing. He has a video on it on his channel. That message was not threatening to anyone but those who were going to take advantage or already were.

The amount of times this community disrespect's the forum Mods on here, Miike is constantly made fun of and belittled yet you all are extremely offended by a warning that already exists in the ToS of the game you agreed to when starting to play this. It also shows that none of you know what it takes to program a game like this because your lack of knowledge really shows in instances like this.
    Lol, trust me, as a father with 3 children I am probably the most honest player you will ever meet. I would never ever even think about trying to cheat in a game. Let's say I wanted to cheat, that would be pretty stupid of me after 4 years of playing this game and 10.000 danish kroners put into my account. That doesn't make any sense.
    Regarding Proff, that's the reason he can not join the content beta servers I think..if I understood him correctly. Sorry that my english is not very good.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

yeah that AA working on stun immune was hilarious. Made no sense.
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, just popping in to say we acknowledge your concerns and thoughts on the situation, and apologise for any ill feelings you may have felt from this. Please be assured that we do not mean to cause anybody any undue stress, but only to inform everybody that there may be consequences to certain actions that are against our Terms of Use. Rest assured, our team will be evaluating this very carefully and will ensure the most reasonable outcome. We hope this helps. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

12 letter word that starts with a C. Say it and all our troubles will be gone :o
    mortenhy said:

mortenhy said:

You shouldn't. If you were offended by that message then maybe you were the one taking advantage of the bug knowingly.

I also found out that Prof Hoff most likely started this whole "threatened" thing. He has a video on it on his channel. That message was not threatening to anyone but those who were going to take advantage or already were.

The amount of times this community disrespect's the forum Mods on here, Miike is constantly made fun of and belittled yet you all are extremely offended by a warning that already exists in the ToS of the game you agreed to when starting to play this. It also shows that none of you know what it takes to program a game like this because your lack of knowledge really shows in instances like this.
    Lol, trust me, as a father with 3 children I am probably the most honest player you will ever meet. I would never ever even think about trying to cheat in a game. Let's say I wanted to cheat, that would be pretty stupid of me after 4 years of playing this game and 10.000 danish kroners put into my account. That doesn't make any sense.
    Regarding Proff, that's the reason he can not join the content beta servers I think..if I understood him correctly. Sorry that my english is not very good.
    That's exactly my point. If you weren't doing anything wrong, you' have nothing to be offended by in that message.

mortenhy said:

Oh god, Prof Hoff once proving to be a danger to this community.
    Yeah, he's definitely the cause of so much confusion that goes on with these forums.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 2,977 ★★★★★

Daddrieda said:

You don’t think Kabam are trying to fix the persistent charge bug? You don’t think these monthly attempts to fix it are them actually trying?

If kabam could shut the game down and fix the persistent charge bug they definitely would.

Not to mention there’s lots of examples of bugs benefitting players that don’t get fixed. People just want to ignore them.

It’s not about that. It’s just that they fixed it so quick when the game noticed the bug on the training ground mode. So the real question why didn’t the game team use the same attitude when the mentioned bug(s) happened? (nick fury, incursion and so on)

So clearly they have the option to fix the issue ASAP, but that’s only when it benefit us. We losing the wars and so on because of the Nick fury bug don’t benefit us so it benefit kabam as it create another revenue because of the recourses. Same with incursions.

We just don’t really understand why this attitude is continued over and over again. They have the teams to fix this ASAP, but choose not to.
    You’re talking like there’s one complexity level- bug. It’s not as simple as that.

In this case, we had one new specific mode that was introduced and it caused the bug. By removing that mode, the bug could not be caused.

What do you expect them to do for persistent charges? Remove any champion with the ability? It doesn’t work like that.

This persistent charge bug is incredibly complex, that’s why it’s still here. There’s at least hundreds of thousands of lines of code for this game, and any one of them could interact oddly with another. This bug is clearly rooted deep in the code which is why it’s not as easy to fix.
    How do you know so much, and where is your information coming from. You are clearly dismissing the issue. The issue is the persistent charge issue has gone on for months. People have invested real time and money on a lot of these champs and there has been zero update from Kabam. Zero insight on when it will be fixed, or what caused it, (although you seem to have knowledge no one else does.) So to be so transparent about a bug that clearly costs money to Kabam and say nothing and give zero insight on an issue that costs the players is the perfect example of Kabam's ethics and the way they view and treat their customers. Its the same story for the last 5 years. I dont care if its not an easy fix, give me some insight beyond we are working on it over and over again. If a company allows their customer support team to be as useless as Kabam does, there is no reason to believe any other part of the company isnt only looking out for whats best for Kabam's bottom line.
    The persistent bug has been acknowledged but they need more time to fix it as they have to find a solution that doesnt hurt other areas like connection issues, emergency maintenances randomly like we have had before which no one wants as it wastes a lot of time its a very complex bug that doesnt take a month to fix as they been trying for months and havent found a work around.

Daddrieda said:

You don’t think Kabam are trying to fix the persistent charge bug? You don’t think these monthly attempts to fix it are them actually trying?

If kabam could shut the game down and fix the persistent charge bug they definitely would.

Not to mention there’s lots of examples of bugs benefitting players that don’t get fixed. People just want to ignore them.

It’s not about that. It’s just that they fixed it so quick when the game noticed the bug on the training ground mode. So the real question why didn’t the game team use the same attitude when the mentioned bug(s) happened? (nick fury, incursion and so on)

So clearly they have the option to fix the issue ASAP, but that’s only when it benefit us. We losing the wars and so on because of the Nick fury bug don’t benefit us so it benefit kabam as it create another revenue because of the recourses. Same with incursions.

We just don’t really understand why this attitude is continued over and over again. They have the teams to fix this ASAP, but choose not to.
    You’re talking like there’s one complexity level- bug. It’s not as simple as that.

In this case, we had one new specific mode that was introduced and it caused the bug. By removing that mode, the bug could not be caused.

What do you expect them to do for persistent charges? Remove any champion with the ability? It doesn’t work like that.

This persistent charge bug is incredibly complex, that’s why it’s still here. There’s at least hundreds of thousands of lines of code for this game, and any one of them could interact oddly with another. This bug is clearly rooted deep in the code which is why it’s not as easy to fix.
    How do you know so much, and where is your information coming from. You are clearly dismissing the issue. The issue is the persistent charge issue has gone on for months. People have invested real time and money on a lot of these champs and there has been zero update from Kabam. Zero insight on when it will be fixed, or what caused it, (although you seem to have knowledge no one else does.) So to be so transparent about a bug that clearly costs money to Kabam and say nothing and give zero insight on an issue that costs the players is the perfect example of Kabam's ethics and the way they view and treat their customers. Its the same story for the last 5 years. I dont care if its not an easy fix, give me some insight beyond we are working on it over and over again. If a company allows their customer support team to be as useless as Kabam does, there is no reason to believe any other part of the company isnt only looking out for whats best for Kabam's bottom line.
    What kind of insight would you like? They won't tell you anything about the code because that's proprietary information. So what would you like to hear exactly that would satisfy you?

It's not fixed and they don't have a solid solution for it yet. I can say that with the most recent hotfix they did, mine are showing up every time I log into the game. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not but it seems to have fixed it. I don't know what more they can say other than they are still working on it which is obviously still happening but that isn't good enough for you. So what would it actually take?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    The problem here is lack of responsibility. It’s not players fault for playing a game that many have spent money on, it’s the devs fault for releasing the bug.

When you blame others for TOS violations because you released a bug...that’s poor customer service period

mortenhy said:

mortenhy said:

That's exactly my point. If you weren't doing anything wrong, you' have nothing to be offended by in that message.
    It’s exactly like the messages they send out to not use hacks and bots. Don’t do this or you will be banned.

Why are people offended now?
    Well for one, Prof Hoff probably had a lot to do with it. For another, I think some people just want to stay mad. They ask for more transparency and communication and now they're offended even though many weren't exploiting. It's a mob mentality effect.

Like I said above, people on here threaten Kabam all the time with quitting, not spending, boycotting, verbally abusing the forum mods, yelling at Miike constantly and then this message gets sent out and all the sudden their feelings are hurt. Hypocrites.
    It’s ridiculous. Someone on Reddit said that Kabam never fixed bugs that hurt the player but they could fix ones that hurt Kabam, so I asked them about all the ones that help the player that Kabam don’t fix.

Someone responded and said Kabam are so bad at debugging that they can’t fix the ones that hurt the players. So apparently in their eyes, Kabam are incredible debuggers that can remove any bug that hurts Kabam instantly, but at the same time they’re terrible debuggers that can’t fix bugs too.

Can’t win with these people
    Nope. They want to stay mad. And will all that hate, they still play the game. Why subject yourself to that all the time? Move on to a different game.
This discussion has been closed.