**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I think that This Cav eq is starting line for future

BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
I know there are tons of threads upon this topic. I'm ready for some backlash this time. But those are 99% complaining about it. So I will get to my points

1:- There are different types of Cavs in game right now. a) New cavs
b) cavs who did 6.2.
c)cavs who have done 6.4
d)cavs who have done 7.1 just aren't TB cuz of rng

2:- When Cav eq was announced it was mentioned that it will be the hardest difficulty for monthly eq which will challenge the roster and skills to it depths.

3:- First Cav eq's felt too champ specific to community (maybe some players) meanwhile latest cav eq's were "FUN & EASY"

4:- This month I have seen people complaining about it and comparing to last cav eq on following grounds
a)Nodes were easy to play around
b)itemless runs

5:- This month took a middle approach according to me where the skill set and roster of players were tested but this time nodes weren't punishable as 1 ones and it wasn't too easy (felt like master or UC).
a) New cavs were affected as they either didn't had champs for it or skill level wasn't up to mark or nodes weren't comfortable to them
B) Middle type cavs were worried about their REVIVE use. ( As said in my 1 point that this difficulty is hardest for eq and never meant to be breeze through) .So why do you have problem if you had to use revive. You want to ro itemless?? Want to breeze through 6.3 itemless? Want to do 7.1 itemless?? This resource exist for a reason. For what content you are hoarding them.?????

You don't need god tiers or 6 stars for it. Surely they help. But playing with nodes is what it takes. Myself did with it 4 stars and 5 star combination (not a brag or flex but that's what happen when you identify your need and goals and do necessary.). I used revives. I used pots. Because that's how it had to be done. I don't have stacked roster.
I hope actually devs keep this month as starting line for upcoming months. I can expect a rise in difficulty but not a BS nodes type. But definitely it was fun and felt refreshing this month

(Agree and disagree is part of life. Feedbacks, agreement additions , disagreement are welcomed. Also if you disagree then plese take little time to write why. Because according to me simply disagreeing and not writing anything implies that you yourself know that I am Right and you don't have what it takes to do content.
Sorry for such long write up but I'm tired of some players complaining this eq)

Thank you

Comments

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★

I may be wrong. My apologies if i am.
    My spider sense is tingling.

I have a suspician that most of the people saying things like this are ThroneBreaker not Cav.

Im a TB so i get it.
    But i dont fully agree with the perspective.

I am not TB. And my point is that Players want everything easily without working for them

I know I'm in a minority on this forum, but I'll say that I don't want Cavalier to be a chore every month. It's already a very long event to complete.

I don't mind difficult content, I'm 6/9 on Carina challenges and will likely get them done within the month. I've explored every piece of content in the game.

But the Cavalier quest is a monthly event, and it's long, I don't need it overly difficult or even more time-consuming. I get the same rewards either way. I just want to get it done, so I can focus on whatever goal I'm chasing next (Carina, 7.2, Summer of Pain, etc.).

Same for the side quest, just keep it simple. These are monthly jobs to get done, maybe I just don't love the game enough.

I can agree on that it's very long. But then we have whole month. It's time consuming but certainly not that difficult what people are staying about it.
    My roster isn't stacked one and most of champs are always In Aq and Aw
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    The way I see it, Cavalier difficulty is the stepping stone that's supposed to help you get to Thronebreaker. Until last month (I think it was?), the rewards weren't really there to help you get to TB in any substantial way. We've had one or two months where the level of difficulty and the level of effort matched up, somewhat. I don't remember anyone complaining about the difficulty in the beginning, just that the effort wasn't rewarded in the end.

Kabam's response to this was not to bump up the rewards to match the difficulty, but to ramp down the difficulty to match the rewards. This made Cav difficulty pretty weird, since it still didn't allow you to make any huge strides towards Thronebreaker. It became easier, but not more valuable time spent.

I don't mind the way they designed (and later redesigned) Cav difficulty - I think it's fun - but it has not really been the stepping stone towards TB that it was supposed to be.

So, what do you need to get Thronebreaker? Well, you need to complete Act 6 and you need t5cc. You need resources to complete Act 6 and get t5cc. The problem with Cav difficulty is that it has a tendency to drain those resources. I have the champs necessary to become TB, but I need units, revives and potions to confidently push onward in 6.4. If Cav difficulty constantly drains those resources from me, it's really hard to make any progress towards TB. Add to this that Cav difficulty doesn't even reward you with any units as you complete chapters and even a single unit spent is a net loss.

It doesn't help that you more or less constantly have 11 of your best champs tied up in AW and AQ, or that it's hard to reliably rank up champs to deal with the Cav difficulty nodes because they keep changing and bugging out. "Oh, I need a skill evade-counter? Better rank up Falcon! Oh, he doesn't work? Well, boo. Guess I have to rank up my Archangel to counter the regen node in the mutant chapter. Oh, he doesn't work either? How fun!"

I don't know, it just feels like Cav difficulty could do a better job preparing people for their continued journey towards TB. Giving out some units (like all other difficulties!) would be a minuscule step in that direction, but if not then don't drain the units I do have and that I need to progress. If that's the case, then I need to step back from Cav to become TB, and I don't think that's how things are supposed to work.

In the end, I'm not really mad. I'm fairly just sympathetic to people who are.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I see what you are going for, but I don’t understand the comparison between cav difficulty to 6.3.

I see what you are going for, but I don’t understand the comparison between cav difficulty to 6.3.

I meant to say that cavs who have done 6.1 and 6.3 are very different in their roster and skills. 6.2.6 makes sure of it. And I feel 6.3 is the where real fun of act 6 begins. So the guys who have done 6.3 and 6.1 will most of the time have different opinions. Cav eq relates to it. Completion can be done easily but exploration is different matter. And 6.3 cav will understand it better than a 6.1 Cav due to their experience of escalation of difficulty in act 6 and what it meant to take the road to TB
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I think the game has changed where 30 paths is a bit much. I appreciate the work done since Infinity War to manage path length and energy costs (hello, Nameless Guilly!). Having to run 6 and 7 paths in chapter 3 is a slog. Instead of 3-4-5-5-6-7, maybe it’s 3-4-4-4-5-6 or 4-4-4-4-5-5.

I completely disagree with you. I feel like the monthly eq set up in terms of energy is as good as it could get. Much long would be tedious but shorter would mean everyone would finish it way too quickly.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    In terms of the op’s post, I definitely agree. I’ve enjoyed this month and the more difficult bosses. It was fun to feel like I was actual playing with the risk of having to use revives on some of the bosses unlike the last few months. On the other hand, I didn’t enjoy the last few too, so what I’d like to happen is they switch from around this difficulty to what it was the last few months.
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    edited May 2021
    They ramped up uncollected EQ to the point that uncollected people could not complete it, before Cav level came out, to keep the Cav players happy and not bored. Once Cav. came out, uncollected went back to a level of difficulty that was appropriate for uncollected players. They obviously do not want to bring out a Thronebreaker level of EQ so they are tweaking Cav on a regular basis it find a balance between the audience it is supposed to be for (growing Cav folks) and the TB players that are breezing through it.

As long as new progression levels are introduced w/o the actual content to support them there will be a balancing act. Some months will be good for some and too easy for others, other months will be hard, but still too easy for others. If it was permanent content I would be more worried/concerned. It's a month of content, so I will leave Cav for absolute last thing this month. If I get to it, fine. If I don't, fine. I can work on permanent content( 100% 7.1, couple of variants that I have not started, etc.)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

TyEdge said:

I think the game has changed where 30 paths is a bit much. I appreciate the work done since Infinity War to manage path length and energy costs (hello, Nameless Guilly!). Having to run 6 and 7 paths in chapter 3 is a slog. Instead of 3-4-5-5-6-7, maybe it’s 3-4-4-4-5-6 or 4-4-4-4-5-5.

I completely disagree with you. I feel like the monthly eq set up in terms of energy is as good as it could get. Much long would be tedious but shorter would mean everyone would finish it way too quickly.
    What I posted would remove 4 paths from the map, roughly 200 energy (one day’s worth of free energy difference). I’d be interested to know how many difficulties you 100% each month. If you’re only doing one, I can see how 30 paths would fill the month.

But it isn’t really about energy cost. That could be offset by having paths that are 66/69 energy instead of 60-63. It’s about having to kill the final boss 7 times per difficulty being a slog. If you still want 30 paths, I’d prefer 5 per quest or 4-5-5-5-5-6 tot he current setup.
    edited May 2021
    Will3808 said:

In terms of the op’s post, I definitely agree. I’ve enjoyed this month and the more difficult bosses. It was fun to feel like I was actual playing with the risk of having to use revives on some of the bosses unlike the last few months. On the other hand, I didn’t enjoy the last few too, so what I’d like to happen is they switch from around this difficulty to what it was the last few months.

Same pinch man.😂😂 Bosses were worthy of being called bosses. And having stress of using revives makes player's moves more sharp. My stash was red n green. They had a good use this month.and for sq were getting special revives so worries are less
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I really don't get how people don't understand that they designed the MONTHLY eq to be able to be finished in exactly a month if you only do 1 path daily. Kabam's not going to put out all these eqs specifically designed so you can 100% 5 difficulties each month without using a lot of refills
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I am the latest Cav category. So far I have completed it all up to 3.1 uncluded, so jow I have 3.2 left. These are my observations:

1) I don't enjoy this set of nodes. They aren't bad, but I dislike them. They feel more annoying than the other ones

2) In most fights there is a goal of the devs I see and I really like it. However I think sometimes it is a bit too much. Example, Shang Chi: don't block, you are encouraged to intercept. Also hit him often to avoid falter, don't rely solely on DoTs. One slipup is your death needless to say (one combo KOs 5/65 champ pretty reliably). And then the Unstoppable... you ideally wanna slow him, but 90% slowers are in class disadvantage. You can also stagger it tho, or ignore it, but it makes the fight much more annoying. The boss isn't too hard, but doing it 6x leaves a lot of space for uncooperative AI, which ruins your run

3) I think the content is just too long. Especially the bosses this time around are painful. Even the thought of doing 6x chang, 7x negative, 5x monke etc makes me sick. Three to four times would be bearable, but 5-7x is too much. Explo rewards are worth it, but it is kinda discouraging really. I know I can't get stuff for free tho. Just the time investment bugs me.

4) The paths within a quest. I have now critisized enough, so this deserves a praise: Kabam has hit a bullseye there. Each one has a good mix of demanding and relaxing fights, combined with nodes that are either helping you (breakthtough) or just mildly annoying (brute force). If there is something really enjoyable for me, it's the paths.
    Kerneas said:

I am the latest Cav category. So far I have completed it all up to 3.1 uncluded, so jow I have 3.2 left. These are my observations:

1) I don't enjoy this set of nodes. They aren't bad, but I dislike them. They feel more annoying than the other ones

2) In most fights there is a goal of the devs I see and I really like it. However I think sometimes it is a bit too much. Example, Shang Chi: don't block, you are encouraged to intercept. Also hit him often to avoid falter, don't rely solely on DoTs. One slipup is your death needless to say (one combo KOs 5/65 champ pretty reliably). And then the Unstoppable... you ideally wanna slow him, but 90% slowers are in class disadvantage. You can also stagger it tho, or ignore it, but it makes the fight much more annoying. The boss isn't too hard, but doing it 6x leaves a lot of space for uncooperative AI, which ruins your run

3) I think the content is just too long. Especially the bosses this time around are painful. Even the thought of doing 6x chang, 7x negative, 5x monke etc makes me sick. Three to four times would be bearable, but 5-7x is too much. Explo rewards are worth it, but it is kinda discouraging really. I know I can't get stuff for free tho. Just the time investment bugs me.

4) The paths within a quest. I have now critisized enough, so this deserves a praise: Kabam has hit a bullseye there. Each one has a good mix of demanding and relaxing fights, combined with nodes that are either helping you (breakthtough) or just mildly annoying (brute force). If there is something really enjoyable for me, it's the paths.

I can feel you there at point 3. But if we don't try to do it on 1 day (tho I did) then we have whole month. We can do it by taking breaks and get the rewards. Yah when we try to do it immediately we can feel the exhaustion

Paths were fun and interactive but some were really hard example Invisible women in mutant. But they are doable.

Actually shang chi fight needs a perfect counter or should I say cheese like counter (Ebony maw and void are best example) or champs like CAPIW or doom for better run. I can relate with you. As if try to do with another champ then that fight demands Patient and precise actions. They help a lot to improve the instinct but yeah sometimes it feels irritating and annoying.

Anyhow good luck for rest of runs
  • i do realise the difficulty has increased for mid level players, but i did enjoy the difficulty myself. no steamroll, i had to read the nodes and play around it. Had to restart a quest a couple times, i found it enjoyable.