**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    You guys need to realize that it takes time to figure out how to recourse something like this. Miike said earlier that the team is on it, so we need to just wait until they come up with something. Constantly bombarding this thread with nonconstructive feedback isn't helpful--the new arena sucks, we know that, they know that; tell us why it sucks.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

You guys need to realize that it takes time to figure out how to recourse something like this. Miike said earlier that the team is on it, so we need to just wait until they come up with something. Constantly bombarding this thread with nonconstructive feedback isn't helpful--the new arena sucks, we know that, they know that; tell us why it sucks.

The reason is apparent, this thread just showcases the sheer number of people who think it sucks.
    There is only one reason it sucks : The grind is more. A large number of people agree with this. We dont have to solve it, that isnt our job.
    You missed my point. I'm saying the team is already working on resolving it and constantly commenting the same stuff on this thread isn't going to make them fix it any faster. I'm not saying we need to solve it, but if you're gonna comment on it, make it constructive instead of just saying "Kabam Bad"
  • Orange75Orange75 Posts: 9
    About me: I'm completely free to play and have fully explored all standing content in the game excluding 7 of 9 of Carina's challenges, and Variant 1 (that will happen in time, but rewards are outdated. To do this, I use energy and units carefully and try to be precise both in how I get them and how I spend them. With the help of the two Carina's challenges I have done, I now possess 45 5* champs and have no standing content to get more champs until tomorrow with 7.2.

Concerns:

There are issues with the devaluation of 3* and 5* champs that until recently were valuable for arenas and now are notably not. Those are a concern, but not my concern. My concerns are:

1.) It takes more matches with the best champs available to get the units previously available. Points are not the best measure; matches are, and it is more matches with the ideal champ for the arena.

2.) Because 3* and 5* champs are not ideal for any arena, fewer champs can be used to get the points. This is especially true of two 6* arenas that double up on one rarity of champion, but is also true because of the absence of a home for 3* and 5* champs.

Context:

I lightly grind for units, and my experience is that I would typically do the 4* basic for units, between 10-20 matches. My goal was always to get about 60 units per cycle. I also tended to do about 3 matches in the 3* arena, two in the 2* arena, and 5-10 in the 5* arena. That let me pick off the easy units across the board, and it let me use the appropriate champs (worth the most points) in each place. Given the restrictions on 6* refreshes and the real lack of utility for 5* and 3* champs, my units will be fewer and further between.

I would like to see the units bumped in the 4* trials arena and have that geared towards allowing units for newer (not yet Uncollected) players: 200 units for that arena as opposed to 135, and it creating an opportunity for people lightly farming units to get some as they complete content. This could be done by pushing up the units across the board.

The change that is most concerning is how far the units are pushed back in the milestones. This is especially true in the 6* arena. Without boosts, it's roughly 5-6 matches (suicides help) per 1 million points, just as it was for the 4* basic. But now, the higher rewards for units are pushed further back, and that actively harms casual grinders and free-to-play players. My full roster of 6* champs nets me about 2.5 million points, and I've done all of the content.

Solutions:

1.) Increase units in the 4* arena to 200, while keeping the milestone structures otherwise as is for this arena. It will immediately ease the unit concern by adding more possible units, even though most players are unlikely/unable to farm all 600 units that would be available in the arenas.

2.) Increase the points multiplier on 4* and 5* champions in the 6* basic arena (only) by 20-35%. This will allow a home for 5* champions while still rewarding more points for 6* champions. Alternatively, 6* points in this arena could be scaled down by the same factor (as determined by data on how many people actually completed milestones for both 6* arenas), but that would require a rescaling of rewards.

These two solutions would provide the units to players needed (the primary concern I hear), increase the utility of 5* champions while preserving the 6* growth desired in the arena, and generally will support player morale and the health of the game.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Orange75 said:

About me: I'm completely free to play and have fully explored all standing content in the game excluding 7 of 9 of Carina's challenges, and Variant 1 (that will happen in time, but rewards are outdated. To do this, I use energy and units carefully and try to be precise both in how I get them and how I spend them. With the help of the two Carina's challenges I have done, I now possess 45 5* champs and have no standing content to get more champs until tomorrow with 7.2.

Concerns:

There are issues with the devaluation of 3* and 5* champs that until recently were valuable for arenas and now are notably not. Those are a concern, but not my concern. My concerns are:

1.) It takes more matches with the best champs available to get the units previously available. Points are not the best measure; matches are, and it is more matches with the ideal champ for the arena.

2.) Because 3* and 5* champs are not ideal for any arena, fewer champs can be used to get the points. This is especially true of two 6* arenas that double up on one rarity of champion, but is also true because of the absence of a home for 3* and 5* champs.

Context:

I lightly grind for units, and my experience is that I would typically do the 4* basic for units, between 10-20 matches. My goal was always to get about 60 units per cycle. I also tended to do about 3 matches in the 3* arena, two in the 2* arena, and 5-10 in the 5* arena. That let me pick off the easy units across the board, and it let me use the appropriate champs (worth the most points) in each place. Given the restrictions on 6* refreshes and the real lack of utility for 5* and 3* champs, my units will be fewer and further between.

I would like to see the units bumped in the 4* trials arena and have that geared towards allowing units for newer (not yet Uncollected) players: 200 units for that arena as opposed to 135, and it creating an opportunity for people lightly farming units to get some as they complete content. This could be done by pushing up the units across the board.

The change that is most concerning is how far the units are pushed back in the milestones. This is especially true in the 6* arena. Without boosts, it's roughly 5-6 matches (suicides help) per 1 million points, just as it was for the 4* basic. But now, the higher rewards for units are pushed further back, and that actively harms casual grinders and free-to-play players. My full roster of 6* champs nets me about 2.5 million points, and I've done all of the content.

Solutions:

1.) Increase units in the 4* arena to 200, while keeping the milestone structures otherwise as is for this arena. It will immediately ease the unit concern by adding more possible units, even though most players are unlikely/unable to farm all 600 units that would be available in the arenas.

2.) Increase the points multiplier on 4* and 5* champions in the 6* basic arena (only) by 20-35%. This will allow a home for 5* champions while still rewarding more points for 6* champions. Alternatively, 6* points in this arena could be scaled down by the same factor (as determined by data on how many people actually completed milestones for both 6* arenas), but that would require a rescaling of rewards.

These two solutions would provide the units to players needed (the primary concern I hear), increase the utility of 5* champions while preserving the 6* growth desired in the arena, and generally will support player morale and the health of the game.

I physically do not understand how you have done everything 100% (Abyss, LoL, Act 6 etc..) and have only 45 5* and getting 2.5m a round.

We are opening like 10-15 5* a month at
    Minute from quests etc.. without any spending
  • _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    There might be an easy solution to this, that would please everyone.

- Keep the arenas milestones exactly as they are.
    - Move 3* champion on an earlier milestone.
    - Remove units from the milestones altogether, milestones are extra for those that gather
    points in an effort to get the champion, shards, GMC and battlechips.

Now the units.

After each individual fight, players in arena get 30 or 40 battlechips and an extra 300 battlechips for the whole round.
    After each individual fight, award the player with 1 single unit. Therefore, he will get 30 battlechips and 1 unit for finishing one single fight. Thats it, problem solved.
    If you are worried, that someone might do 2000 fights and that this could upset the game economy, cap it at 600 units to be obtainable this way in each arenas reset.

By doing this, everyone gets the SAME AMOUNT for the SAME EFFORT, regardless of the champions used or the title. If someone who is uncollected fights 500 times with 3 stars, he will get same amount of units as thronebreaker who fought 500 times with six stars.
    It also stays very similar to effort needed in old arenas as 500 fights for 500 units is something around streak 133, which was about the same. Everyone is happy, whether you are f2p or p2w you will be able to earn the same as everyone else. Do you need just one revive> Do only 40 fights and there you go, 40 units in your stash. Do you want to buy a cavalier crystal? do 175 fights and its yours. Grinders can grind the whole amount if they want to save units.

If this is for some reason hard to implement, you could make an extra objective tab instead, to where the objectives/challenges are. Tab called Arena, one simple bar 0/550, lets call it arena brawl bar. Each fight in arena fills the bar by 1. At the end of the arenas, when they reset, you can claim as many units as there are points in the arena brawl objective.

Ultimately, this would be fair solution for everyone. Those who want to go for 3,4,5 or 6* champion need to accumulate points and get some extra items on the milestones as they are set now.
    Those who grind to save units, regardless of their title, can do so by investing time and effort by fighting.
  • _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Bean said:

_wasabi_ said:

There might be an easy solution to this, that would please everyone.

- Keep the arenas milestones exactly as they are.
    - Move 3* champion on an earlier milestone.
    - Remove units from the milestones altogether, milestones are extra for those that gather
    points in an effort to get the champion, shards, GMC and battlechips.

Now the units.

After each individual fight, players in arena get 30 or 40 battlechips and an extra 300 battlechips for the whole round.
    After each individual fight, award the player with 1 single unit. Therefore, he will get 30 battlechips and 1 unit for finishing one single fight. Thats it, problem solved.
    If you are worried, that someone might do 2000 fights and that this could upset the game economy, cap it at 600 units to be obtainable this way in each arenas reset.

By doing this, everyone gets the SAME AMOUNT for the SAME EFFORT, regardless of the champions used or the title. If someone who is uncollected fights 500 times with 3 stars, he will get same amount of units as thronebreaker who fought 500 times with six stars.
    It also stays very similar to effort needed in old arenas as 500 fights for 500 units is something around streak 133, which was about the same. Everyone is happy, whether you are f2p or p2w you will be able to earn the same as everyone else. Do you need just one revive> Do only 40 fights and there you go, 40 units in your stash. Do you want to buy a cavalier crystal? do 175 fights and its yours. Grinders can grind the whole amount if they want to save units.

If this is for some reason hard to implement, you could make an extra objective tab instead, to where the objectives/challenges are. Tab called Arena, one simple bar 0/550, lets call it arena brawl bar. Each fight in arena fills the bar by 1. At the end of the arenas, when they reset, you can claim as many units as there are points in the arena brawl objective.

Ultimately, this would be fair solution for everyone. Those who want to go for 3,4,5 or 6* champion need to accumulate points and get some extra items on the milestones as they are set now.
    Those who grind to save units, regardless of their title, can do so by investing time and effort by fighting.

I like this idea except the unit per fight. Yes it does make since but being able to gather than many units that early on would be unbalanced. Someone who didn’t have a roster to gain all the milestones in the old arenas can now gain way more units then they should be able to. Unless it was limited to progression level or some other way then there’s no incentive to rank champs other than content then.
    I see. I understand where you coming from. My overall impression tho is, that kabam is trying to make things easier for newbies. It still wouldn't be super easy for them until they build their roster.
    Even so, this is really just a minor detail, there could be very simple work around that.
    My point was, that something like this would make units grinding fair and same for everyone, while those who want the champions, can still grind the points.
    By removing units from the milestones and changing that grind to other alternative still based on how many fights you have done, these arenas do not need to be changed at all.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

This made me laugh out loud. I was using my 4* and getting 5* r3 opponents when this suddenly showed up. I had to slap myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I used 4* the second time and once again, 6* r3. I have seen death matches but this one takes the cake.
    Fix the matchmaking algorithm or just tell us that this is a 5/6* arena

That is simply because your champions are too low in PI. If you can keep them above 15000 together you should be save. It has always been this way in 5* featured aswell.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

GOTG said:

They probaly wont change Arena, so find a way to live with it.

This may be true, but I can honestly say that with the way the current economy is set up I probably will not last 6 months with arena like this. It's not a threat or an ultimatum. It's a fact. I'm hopeful they work around the milestones because right now I estimate around an extra 33% total arena time (so 50% above before) which isn't sustainable and shouldn't have to be.

But that's just me. Kabam won't miss me as much as I'd like to think. Maybe there are more people like me. Maybe there aren't. Only time will tell
    Im free to play now too and it affects me as well. Lets see how it turns out. Im willing to use all my units for 7.2 then 4 Carina Challenges left then lets see how long it takes for me to build up units again. If it is too slow, will have to find a way.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

This made me laugh out loud. I was using my 4* and getting 5* r3 opponents when this suddenly showed up. I had to slap myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I used 4* the second time and once again, 6* r3. I have seen death matches but this one takes the cake.

That is simply because your champions are too low in PI. If you can keep them above 15000 together you should be save. It has always been this way in 5* featured aswell.
    If 4* are actually usable here then you should have no issues using r4 and r3 4* but they are not. "This is how it has always been" does not make it right. They set out to improve arenas and I'm showing them areas that still need improvement.
    They are technically usable but not with 3x 4*. If you pair a 4* with 2x r3 5* you should be good because you will be above 15k PI. If your masteries are atleast half decent.
    Not saying deathmatches should stay, but in the current system, this is not 'wrong'
  • Heir_of_thanosHeir_of_thanos Posts: 54
    New arena could use a re-work. Lower milestones would be nice, and more units per milestone. Also, cooldown for champs should be per arena, so you can use champs across multiple arenas, a benefit for those with a less-built roster. That’s all I can think of.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

As its 6r3 it means a lower rank is removed from getting easy matches so u would have to run 2 higher than a low rating but using all r4 4s ur gonna get a death match
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Arena matchups have always been like that. Dip below a certain PI threshold and boom you’ll get a death squad.

(My guess is that the “PI Threshold” per se, is the average team rating of champs used in the arena.”
  • WolverpoolWolverpool Posts: 1
    Pros
    Love the grandmaster crystals. Cavalier would have been spicier, but can understand kabam wanting to keep the value of 6* high.
    I did feel there was some scope to consolidate to fewer arenas.
    No death matches yet.

Cons
    Milestones are outrageous. Although technically there's a possible increased total possible units from 535 to 540, really what has been done is reduced it to 340 in real terms for most of us.
    3* used to a great arena to play with new characters, grind some units quickly and play oddly to achieve "combat" milestones. Sad to see it scrapped.

I'll keep grinding but really these changes will massively slow up my attempt to become a throne breaker, and I like most, think kabam got the unit per milestone decisions wrong in this instance
This discussion has been closed.