**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5.2.4 yellowjacket is killing me!

Help, I’ve been as far as war machine but YJ does so much damage to my squad it almost always makes me restart the chapter as I don’t want to go overboard on revives etc. Any good ways to get past him relatively unscathed?

Comments

• Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Maybe change the path you're taking? YJ path was easy before his buff.
  • Options
    Gazthehillbilly012Gazthehillbilly012 Posts: 126

Is the ant man path as a whole not a lot more difficult though?
  • Options

I think the lower one is easier. The one that leads to colossus. His specials are easily dexable.
  • Options

I think the lower one is easier. The one that leads to colossus. His specials are easily dexable.
    YJ is the path that leads to colossus so maybe I just need to bite the bullet and bring unitman for this chapter even though everything I have seen suggests I will need a load for when I eventually hit the collector! What I really need is to up my skill level as my champs are quite good
  • Options

YJ is the path that leads to colossus so maybe I just need to bite the bullet and bring unitman for this chapter even though everything I have seen suggests I will need a load for when I eventually hit the collector! What I really need is to up my skill level as my champs are quite good
    Sorry, my bad. I meant the venom path. The champs on that path are easily dexable and more doable.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Use Ghost/MLLL combo (not MLLLL) when he's got 1 bar of power so you can get to the left side quickly if he fires off SP1.
    Block everything if nothing else helps, and search YouTube videos that show you how to dex it.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    So go the caltrops path and bring immune champs. Path is way easier if u have a few options
  • Options

So go the caltrops path and bring immune champs. Path is way easier if u have a few options

Bleed immune? I have warlock and Luke cage, anyone else I should be looking at?
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 405 ★★
    I had the same issue and took the antman path myself but still cost me some revives.just keep practicing
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    Use magneto red
  • Options
    pala94pala94 Posts: 13
    I just did this recently. Fought YJ a few times and quit, just got used to his fighting. I felt he’s a bit more aggressive than usual in this quest. Used red mags for practice but I don’t feel comfortable fighting YJ with him, so I ended up using warlock instead. I’d suggest practising with whoever you’re comfortable with, but don’t go past him till you’re comfortable fighting through masochism. Also baiting heavy and pushing him to SP2 worked very well.
  • Options
    pala94 said:

I just did this recently. Fought YJ a few times and quit, just got used to his fighting. I felt he’s a bit more aggressive than usual in this quest. Used red mags for practice but I don’t feel comfortable fighting YJ with him, so I ended up using warlock instead. I’d suggest practising with whoever you’re comfortable with, but don’t go past him till you’re comfortable fighting through masochism. Also baiting heavy and pushing him to SP2 worked very well.

I have a 5* r4 warlock so will give him a go, think my main problem is I’m just not very good atm, my roster has progressed faster than my skill level, I got doom as my first 4* and duped him with my 4th 4* Crystal and proceeded to plough through content without learning too much
  • Options
    Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    edited May 2021
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/172789/a-comprehensive-guide-to-5-2-4-lines-in-the-sand#latest
    Have it, read this well and execute with the right champs.
    All the best for uncollected run and become uncollected on the month.
    Also can u post ur roster?
  • Options
    Barani7da said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/172789/a-comprehensive-guide-to-5-2-4-lines-in-the-sand#latest
    Have it, read this well and execute with the right champs.
    All the best for uncollected run and become uncollected on the month.
    Also can u post ur roster?

Cheers, these are my most ranked up champs:

• Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Warlock should be pretty good as you’ll negate most of the regen from masochism and he can take storm. Archangel is awesome for that quest as he does damage through passives and stops healing. Maybe Luke cage so you’ve got a couple of bleed immune options for the boss. Capiw would also be good in that team assuming high sig level so you can just parry to stack weakness and petrify which will also help on the regen. Void is also good for the same reason, just play it slow and steady and eventually the debuffs stick and you negate the masochism regen.

Maybe test with white magneto on the team even a 3* as his passive stun prefight could help you out for a few trickier fights at least and allow free parry stuns.

I would use AA on yellow jacket.
  • Options
    Finally got the hang of things a little and cleared first 2 fights with out taking any real damage (YJ and DP) and managed to clear the quest with 2 team revives thank god! Now 2 quests to go, Bane next