Shang chi infinite stun combo

TeraTera Member Posts: 14
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
shangchi infinite combo MLM-MLLLM-M-HEAVY-SP1 ; MLLM-MLLLM-M-HEAVY-SP1; so on(because there is a lot)
sp1: if no wushu strike has been used, sp1 will land the pin-point trike. even the component is blocking.
@Kabam Miike
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Member Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the info.

Wondering why you have tagged kabam Miike? Are you mentioning it as a bug, or as a piece of information?

I think the champ was designed to have this steak combo. It is not a simple mechanism, to be honest.
  • TeraTera Member Posts: 14

Thanks for the info.

Wondering why you have tagged kabam Miike? Are you mentioning it as a bug, or as a piece of information?

I think the champ was designed to have this steak combo. It is not a simple mechanism, to be honest.

I don't know. In my view, Infinite stun is a bug. so ...
  • chaos12996chaos12996 Member Posts: 169 ★★
    Tera said:

shangchi infinite combo MLM-MLLLM-M-HEAVY-SP1 ; MLLM-MLLLM-M-HEAVY-SP1; so on(because there is a lot)
    sp1: if no wushu strike has been used, sp1 will land the pin-point trike. even the component is blocking.
    @Kabam Miike

Just tried it with my 3*. U can infinite stun lock the opponent
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,326 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Oooh that's actually a interesting tidbit utility of Shang-Chi.
    Nice find.
    Why is this in Bugs and Issues section though
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,326 ★★★★★
    Tera said:

Tera said:

@Kabam Miike

Lol exposing this for what reason? They may change the stun duration tho
    lol...just thought It might break a good game.
    Infinite stunlock isn't really game breaking with all the champs and nodes that can counter it.
    I mean, look at Cheese God Ronan in buff matchups
    Terra said:

Tera said:

Tera said:

@Kabam Miike

Infinite stunlock isn't really game breaking with all the champs and nodes that can counter it.
    I mean, look at Cheese God Ronan in buff matchups
    yep, you are right, but for most of the content, it's a cheese god. don't need synergy and reliable stunlock.
    Ronan is crying in the corner now...
    Terra said:

Nice find.

Idk, kabam put it here, not me
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Tera said:

Tera said:

@Kabam Miike

There have been YouTube videos about this for a week. The stun mechanic is clearly defined as one of his Wushu abilities and each Wushu applies thru block.

This is no different than Gambit's SP1 stun lock imo. Unless I'm missing something? Nothing to see here.
    https://youtu.be/XtgspNvyqko

Here's one video from a week ago.
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    Against a stacked opponent, with every cycle I get closer to SP2, until eventually the rotation breaks down and the opponent launches their SP3. So it’s not really infinite unless there’s a way to shorten some of the cycles and avoid getting to SP2.
    edited May 2021
    Aburaees said:

Against a stacked opponent, with every cycle I get closer to SP2, until eventually the rotation breaks down and the opponent launches their SP3. So it’s not really infinite unless there’s a way to shorten some of the cycles and avoid getting to SP2.

Agreed. It's not gamebreaking bcuz it still requires you to bait lots of specials. Now if he also had power control? THAT would be gamebreaking.
    ShangChi is very powerful in the way CGR is. Nether champ is broken imo.
    Terra said:

Nice find.

I agree. Reapplying the desired Wushu strike with the desired potency during SP1? That could come in handy in the future.
    edited May 2021

Tera said:

Tera said:

@Kabam Miike

There have been YouTube videos about this for a week. The stun mechanic is clearly defined as one of his Wushu abilities and each Wushu applies thru block.

This is no different than Gambit's SP1 stun lock imo. Unless I'm missing something? Nothing to see here.
    Good to know for the video and nice comment. As I know Gambit's stun lock need synergy and just stun lock. I mean he can't apply slow or unblockable at the same time.
    Shangchi is much more powerful than him. For example, I believe, shangchi can solo abyss luke cage with stun lock combo MM-MM-MLLLM-M-HEAVY-SP1.
    I can see he could solo a lot in abyss with different stun lock combo.
    This is insane... let's open some cavs for shangchi, lol
    Aburaees said:

AHa, It's easy to manage your power, in my view. ( )-MLLLM-(M)-heavy-sp1 is the shortest combo.
    For utility:
    MLM-MLLLM-(M)-HEAVY-SP1 purify
    MM-(MM)-MLLLM-(M)-HEAVY-SP1 slow(invade or unstoppable)
    MLLM-MLLLM-(M)-HEAVY-SP1 unblockable(against autoblock champ)
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Tera said:

Aburaees said:

AHa, It's easy to manage your power, in my view. ( )-MLLLM-(M)-heavy-sp1 is the shortest combo.
    For utility:
    MLM-MLLLM-(M)-HEAVY-SP1 purify
    MM-(MM)-MLLLM-(M)-HEAVY-SP1 slow(invade or unstoppable)
    MLLM-MLLLM-(M)-HEAVY-SP1 unblockable(against autoblock champ)

Has it gone well for you in a long fight? Like one of the abyss fights you mentioned, or say using a 3* Shang Chi in 5.3.1? Would be interesting to see.
    edited May 2021
    Ignore
    Tera said:

Tera said:

Tera said:

@Kabam Miike

Good to know for the video and nice comment. As I know Gambit's stun lock need synergy and just stun lock. I mean he can't apply slow or unblockable at the same time.
    Shangchi is much more powerful than him. For example, I believe, shangchi can solo abyss luke cage with stun lock combo MM-MM-MLLLM-M-HEAVY-SP1.
    I can see he could solo a lot in abyss with different stun lock combo.
    This is insane... let's open some cavs for shangchi, lol
    I have him as a max sig R5. Trust me, he is as good as advertised. But I wonder if Shangchi will suffer the same fate as CGR.
    Many claimed CGR would break the game when he was introduced. Turns out that he is just a very well designed, useful champ... but isn't the best champ for any game mode.
    I love both champs! And hope Kabam makes more like them. 👍
    Nocko said:

Im very interested to see what Kabam do about this. I feel they're probably going to nerf him slightly

I'll admit that after looking at further evidence, it looks like they have to make some kind of adjustment.
  • AlexMeyersAlexMeyers Member Posts: 25
    He stuns using sp1 even if it whiffs lmao
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    The "working as intended" and "this can't be used in long form/abyss content" comments aged well...

2 days later, a 4* Shang chi had been proven to be more effective in abyss than a team of rank 3 6 stars.

Infinite stun lock unless there is a shrug mechanic. Even then, could you just bring white mags for pre-fight?

Broken.
  • wingedWarrior2099wingedWarrior2099 Member Posts: 124
    My question is could get temporary banned if you decide to go do abyss with Chang-chi?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,019 ★★★★★

The "working as intended" and "this can't be used in long form/abyss content" comments aged well...

2 days later, a 4* Shang chi had been proven to be more effective in abyss than a team of rank 3 6 stars.

Infinite stun lock unless there is a shrug mechanic. Even then, could you just bring white mags for pre-fight?

Broken.

Still looks like it’s working as it’s intended. There’s going to be plenty of nodes where he’s not viable. This really isn’t any more of an issue than Quake being able to be Quake or Ghost cheesing nodes.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★

Broken.

Still looks like it’s working as it’s intended. There’s going to be plenty of nodes where he’s not viable. This really isn’t any more of an issue than Quake being able to be Quake or Ghost cheesing nodes.
    The skill cap for quake and even ghost is high enough that's it's not game breaking for everyone that's gets them. I'd hazard that less than 10% of the player base can play ghost at a competent level and probably in the region of 2% for quake; remember the player base is HUGE.

Whereas.... Shang chi is game breaking, bar some shrug and stun immune nodes, for any player that can five hit combo, sp1 and heavy. Which is the mcoc equivalent of facerolling...
  • HeterminusHeterminus Member Posts: 80
    Nerf After it goes public, the CCP program should help them recognize these problems Before the character even comes out.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,728 ★★★★★

Nerf After it goes public, the CCP program should help them recognize these problems Before the character even comes out.

They dont test their characters. And they never will
    Lies ccp get to use them unfortunately there’s won’t always catch this’ll things either
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,503 ★★★★★
    You don't need to be a genius to figure out an infinite stun loop is bad for the game. They've changed Champions for that very reason. Players had enough foresight to post about it here. Clearly people know it's an issue.