**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thronebreaker arena crystals

Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
Has anybody tried their luck at the TB arena crystals? I opened 9 of those and only got gold. Has anyone opened units out of those and if so how many? And is it worth opening them?

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Graves_3 said:

Has anybody tried their luck at the TB arena crystals? I opened 9 of those and only got gold. Has anyone opened units out of those and if so how many? And is it worth opening them?

The value in them is statistically better than UC or standard crystals, in part because of the higher rarity of the Punisher drop and in part because of some small tweaks to energy and gold. However, because you get a lot fewer crystals to open for the same amount of battlechips, the odds that you will get a very lucky or unlucky streak is much higher. In other words, while you will do better in the (very) long run with TB crystals, if you're going to be disappointed with long streaks of bad luck, it would be better to stick with the lower crystals. I had one batch of 20 generate blockbuster units, and I had another batch of 20 generate nothing but gold. That kind of thing is going to be common with the TB crystals.

Although I will admit that even though I know the numbers and the stats, and I know it all averages out in the end, that first time you get 1125 units from a single crystal is still pretty exciting.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Worth it? I don’t know yet - it’s too early to tell.

I’m terms of units - the jackpot is considerably larger than the other crystals

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

The value in them is statistically better than UC or standard crystals, in part because of the higher rarity of the Punisher drop and in part because of some small tweaks to energy and gold. However, because you get a lot fewer crystals to open for the same amount of battlechips, the odds that you will get a very lucky or unlucky streak is much higher. In other words, while you will do better in the (very) long run with TB crystals, if you're going to be disappointed with long streaks of bad luck, it would be better to stick with the lower crystals. I had one batch of 20 generate blockbuster units, and I had another batch of 20 generate nothing but gold. That kind of thing is going to be common with the TB crystals.

Although I will admit that even though I know the numbers and the stats, and I know it all averages out in the end, that first time you get 1125 units from a single crystal is still pretty exciting.
    You are right. I have opened regular and uncollected arena crystals for anywhere between 900-2700 units per million BC worth of crystals. Here is what I got today:
    200k BC worth of normal arena crystals-630 units.
    1mil BC worth of uncollected arena crystal-900 units.
    450k worth of thronebreaker arena crystals-0 units.
    For the sake of science I should have opened all TB crystals to see what I get. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Worth it? I don’t know yet - it’s too early to tell.

I’m terms of units - the jackpot is considerably larger than the other crystals

That’s quite a juicy haul