**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

As the owner of a 6* Mr. Negative...

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
Is there something I'm missing? He seems fatally underwhelming. His basic attacks are, naturally, really weak. The dev spotlight made him seem like he had incredible degeneration potential, but that's not exactly true.

Let's break it down for a moment.

The most critical thing I think that's dragging Neggy down is that the Light and Dark energy start expiring too soon. The devs talked about how the ideal rotation is cashing in with a few furies and a 20 dark energy L2, but that just isn't possible. Unless you're on a node like Icarus that will constantly be giving you buffs, Light Energy expires way too quickly to build it to 20 to convert. The best I've managed is 12-13 in testing so far.

On top of that, let's go through a simple calc.

Assuming no Fury buffs (and his furies are honestly rather poor as well), a single degeneration deals 2586 damage at 1/25. Let's add another 12 on there, assuming I got up there through perfect play. Our maximum damage output for an L2 is whatever damage off the actual attack is plus...33618 damage.

That's *okay*, but plenty of champions have access to that same kind of damage without having to jump through hoops in order to get there.

I will say that he has an absurdly easy access to perfect parry, which is a neat and easily spammable trick at the expense of some damage.

As a war attacker, I think he leaves a fair amount to be desired, as plenty of characters do plenty more damage doing far less, and his kit requires somewhat higher skill with micromanaging light and dark energy timings. As a defender...well, Nick Fury kinda steamrolls him, so there's that little issue.

So then, what's my consensus?

Cool as hell character, some viable utility, damage was way overblown in the champion spotlight.

Suggestion: Just push back the expiry start time to 15 or 20 charges. It wouldn't make him broken and would make him much easier to use.

Comments

• Options
    I fully expect to get disagree'd out the wazoo on this one, but just hear me out: Do I think he's bad? Absolutely not. Do I think he's as good as advertised? No. I think the devs hyped him a little too much in the spotlight and I feel undersold a bit.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Seems like an okay power control champ too
  • Options

Plus he will cause panic on defense
    I take the stun reflection path in war....
    I can already see people placing him there

He's honestly really bad on stun reflection. Defensively he needs to be knocked down or L1 in order to build dark energy, and to build light energy someone needs to parry.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Plus he will cause panic on defense
    I take the stun reflection path in war....
    I can already see people placing him there

He's honestly really bad on stun reflection. Defensively he needs to be knocked down or L1 in order to build dark energy, and to build light energy someone needs to parry.
    Really?
    Phew
    Guess my only worry is Modok and spiderham
    God I hate spiderham
    He'll be living hell on Resistor/Hazard Shift though, mark my words....
    thing with parrying is after the special one is that you get the massive bulwark passive so that block damage will be highly mitigated
  • Options
    AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    I'm curious to see if he has more degeneration damage than Mojo (degeneration king)
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'll admit, I haven't done a deep dive on his abilities, but here's my opinion of him so far:

Primary intended purpose: AW Defense.
    Secondary purpose: Petrify, and maybe a decent degen counter?

The petrify is on SP2, but it lasts for 20 seconds and can be very beefy-- I just wish it was passive. Damage looks good as long as you can get to sp2 and the opponent isn't debuff immune. On a minor note, the evade damage makes him a good autofighter with NF Evade synergy, so that's neat.

Overall he looks nice, but I'm not too excited. Attack-wise, he just seems to be another alternative to some well-established utility champs. Which seem to be overall easier to play than he is. None of them look as cool as he does though, so that's something.

This is definitely the month of Shang.
  • Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    Just watch Seatin vid and u will feel better about him
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Have you seen this video? ROL WS in 71 hits.
    https://youtu.be/Qo46SSfAQPw