**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I think Iron Man (IW)’s Heal Block is bugged [Not bug]

2»

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

Djin said:

I don't know if I did the testing right or not, but IMIW seems to be bugged.

Red Skull can block the willpower regen but IMIW can't.

Read their abilities. IMIW's heal block on heavy says if under the effects of regeneration whereas Red Skull's says inflicts a heal block (no condition).
    So you're telling Willpower healing doesn't act as a regen effect?
    Seems weird to me. But this can be the explanation.
    It could be the explanation, but not only does it not make sense, this is what IM(IW)’s kit says specifically:

If someone tells me Salve isn’t Regeneration, fine. But the wording of Willpower and IM(IW)’s kit reads the same
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

I don't know if I did the testing right or not, but IMIW seems to be bugged.

Red Skull can block the willpower regen but IMIW can't.

Read their abilities. IMIW's heal block on heavy says if under the effects of regeneration whereas Red Skull's says inflicts a heal block (no condition).
    So you're telling Willpower healing doesn't act as a regen effect?
    Seems weird to me. But this can be the explanation.
    It could be the explanation, but not only does it not make sense, this is what IM(IW)’s kit says specifically:

If someone tells me Salve isn’t Regeneration, fine. But the wording of Willpower and IM(IW)’s kit reads the same
    Yes....the willpower description clearly says passively regenerate health. So it has to be a regen effect.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Agree to disagree but I think it's pretty clear wording and has always worked this way. IMIW has never been able to heal block willpower or salve.
    As for the Red skull vs IMIW heal block argument I think that's even more clear. Red skull just states it places a heal block and IMIW's need a regen effect.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Agree to disagree but I think it's pretty clear wording and has always worked this way. IMIW has never been able to heal block willpower or salve.
    As for the Red skull vs IMIW heal block argument I think that's even more clear. Red skull just states it places a heal block and IMIW's need a regen effect.

I know Red Skull interaction is very clear.
    We just need to know if Willpower healing is a regen effect or not.

And if you saw IMIW can heal block Deadpool.
    Deadpool's sig ability says permanently regenerate. So his healing is regen effect

Again this is very inconsistent implementation and some poor description writing.
  • Options
    Djin said:

Deadpool's sig ability says permanently regenerate. So his healing is regen effect

Again this is very inconsistent implementation and some poor description writing.
    Exactly — I just asked Kabam if it was bugged, not for that guy’s opinion

It’s a simple question, not open to whether someone “agrees to disagree”

• Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    ESF said:

Djin said:

When you open anything up to a forum expect people to answer. If you didn't want that then put in a support ticket or something.

For being the self proclaimed IMIW expert not knowing he doesn't heal block willpower (and never has) is pretty funny.
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    ESF said:

Zan0 said:

ESF said:

The third and final hit employs an Unblockable Blade Arm and inflicts Heal Block for 16 second(s) against targets under the effects of Regeneration.

Are your targets currently under a regeneration effect when you heavy or sp1?

I know you think you’re probably helping, and I appreciate it, but yeah, I do kinda think I know how the kit works.

How about we let Kabam handle it?
    Oh get over yourself
    I am totally fine, my man. He wanted to take the time to ask a Noob question in a Bug thread, so I wanted to make it clear that I do, indeed, understand the kit so I don’t keep getting asked variations of the same question
    Coming from the tool posting a 2 line description on a bug thread. Neat.

Since you can read a kit but not a forum sticky, which is odd you been on the forums since 2017, here's the sticky you couldn't find.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/61843/forum-bug-report-template#latest
  • Options

ESF said:

Zan0 said:

ESF said:

The third and final hit employs an Unblockable Blade Arm and inflicts Heal Block for 16 second(s) against targets under the effects of Regeneration.

Are your targets currently under a regeneration effect when you heavy or sp1?

I know you think you’re probably helping, and I appreciate it, but yeah, I do kinda think I know how the kit works.

How about we let Kabam handle it?
    Oh get over yourself
    I am totally fine, my man. He wanted to take the time to ask a Noob question in a Bug thread, so I wanted to make it clear that I do, indeed, understand the kit so I don’t keep getting asked variations of the same question
    Coming from the tool posting a 2 line description on a bug thread. Neat.

Since you can read a kit but not a forum sticky, which is odd you been on the forums since 2017, here's the sticky you couldn't find.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/61843/forum-bug-report-template#latest
    Can you link me to a single post that follows that forum sticky?

Because when I read the other forum posts in this thread, nobody else does
  • Options

ESF said:

Djin said:

When you open anything up to a forum expect people to answer. If you didn't want that then put in a support ticket or something.

For being the self proclaimed IMIW expert not knowing he doesn't heal block willpower (and never has) is pretty funny.
    Wrong — I don’t grind Arena, which is the only place you find Willpower and Salve. The kit clearly blocks Passives, which is Deadpool and other Passives have been Heal Blocked for years, Icons or not
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Djin said:

Wrong — I don’t grind Arena, which is the only place you find Willpower and Salve. The kit clearly blocks Passives, which is Deadpool and other Passives have been Heal Blocked for years, Icons or not
    I grind arena plenty @ESF and I'm pretty sure he's always worked this way.

I agree it's potentially unclear, given his description vs the Willpower description; but as long as I can remember, I don't think he's Heal Blocked Willpower.

I suspect (despite not being a Kabam employee 😉) that it's working as intended; if not necessarily as described.