**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doctor Voodoo sig ability

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
So if I do an L2 even, 50% chance for hits to power burn, combined with the sig ability of +100% ability accuracy, should i power burn on every hit? If I'm in AQ and the opponent is high on energy and I drop even L2, the final hit should always power burn and leave them under L3 level? That's what I thought but sometimes they dont lose power and i get smacked with an L3

Comments

• Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 750 ★★★
    I have noticed that as well. It may have something to do with challenge rating or if the node has a power gain increase on it.
  • Options
    WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    If you while they are blocking they will gain power I believe. So if you are baiting them that way it will push them to sp3
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I'm not too much of an expert on the topic of Challenger Rating, but I do know it definitely does not affect the chances of an ability triggering. Try bringing a 5* to fight a 4* spidey versus a 3* to fight him and the chances of him evading are pretty much the same if you repeat the experiment frequently.

But to answer your question, yes, an L2 even combo and having at LEAST 1 Loa on the opponent will power drain the opponent. So if the L2 pushed them to 3 bars, the power drain should work and make it slightly less than 3 bars.

So, just maybe you threw an even L2 but the opponent didn't have any Loa on them, so there won't be any power drain and thus you get hit by an L3.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Even—Gain a power burn buff (green). Buff doesn't work against debuff immunes. You can have a max of 3 buffs
    At 3 buffs, you drain more power per hit than you give per hit. Power burn powerful enough to overpower Hype's power gain
    At 2 buffs, you drain roughly the same amount of power you give per hit so enemy power level stays the same on hitting
    At 1 buff, enemy gains power very slowly per hit

Odd—places a power drain (or leech?) debuff on opponent which drinks their power over time
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Even—Gain a power burn buff (green). Buff doesn't work against debuff immunes. You can have a max of 3 buffs
    At 3 buffs, you drain more power per hit than you give per hit. Power burn powerful enough to overpower Hype's power gain
    At 2 buffs, you drain roughly the same amount of power you give per hit so enemy power level stays the same on hitting
    At 1 buff, enemy gains power very slowly per hit

Odd—places a power drain (or leech?) debuff on opponent which drinks their power over time

It's a power drain for the odd combo. Power leech is the one that always triggers when firing an L3.
  • Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    L2 only "nullifies" loas, and as for L1 it "nullifies" loas and buffs, so if you do l2 and he doesnt have loas but has buffs the power burn wont activate
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    Ah.. Thanks guys i didn't realize it needed a Loa to activate. Voodoo is so confusing and sorta poorly phrased I'm still learning him. I'm also still wondering what the buffs/debuffs are on L2? Is that the actual power burn / drain or is something else?

Special Attack 2
    * 50% chance to convert up to 3 Loa into either a Buff on himself or a Debuff on the opponent, based on the current Combo Meter
    * Even Combo: All of Voodoo's attacks gain a 50% chance to burn 2.5% of his opponent's Power, Converting 525% of Power burnt into Energy Damage, lasting 15 seconds.
    * Odd Combo: Target leaks 35% of their power, over 10 seconds.

So how this works is:

By default SP2 will convert up to 3 Loas into buffs or debuffs with a 50% chance per Loa. If you are possessed by Brother Daniel (meaning: you are awakened and you last used a special on even combo or you haven't used any specials yet) SP2 will convert up to 3 Loas into either a buff on you or a debuff on the target with 100% certainty (because the sig ability will double that 50% chance).

If you are on even combo when you use SP2, you get a buff that causes all your attacks to power burn. If you are on odd combo when you use SP2 your target gets a debuff that causes them to leak (lose) power.

Important to note, either way SP2 on its own does not buff or debuff anything. It converts Loas into buffs or debuffs. If the target does not have any Loas, SP2 can't convert what isn't there and you won't get buffed or apply any debuffs.

To put it another way, the first bullet in the description for SP2 tells you what the attack does. It converts Loas. That's basically it. The other two bullets describe what the buff is and what the debuff is that the Loas get converted to. They do not describe what the power itself does. To be clear, the first bullet should really say "Even Combo Buff" and the second bullet should really say "Odd Combo Debuff" to clearly state what they are describing.