**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aegon Persistent Charge Bug

It seems that Aegon’s calculation for what combo he takes over isn’t calculating correctly. I ended the first fight of a quest with 39 hits on the combo meter. I have a sig 200 5* Aegon, so he should carry 75% of the combo meter as persistent charge. If you do the math, 39*.75=29.25, so you would assume it would round down to 29. Beginning of the next fight, I had 28.

Weird, but I continue into the next fight where I end with 66 hits on the combo meter. Again, 66*.75=49.5 which would assume my round to 49. 49+28 (where my persistent charges started)=77. But my persistent charges are at 76 (see photo). That’s two fights in a row where I was neglected a combo meter point when I should’ve gotten it.

Clearly it’s not a big deal as it’s only a couple hits on the meter, but I figured I would bring it up as this may become a bigger issue in the future.

Comments

• Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    It's weird because I feel like a bug would be something way off as opposed to a smaller increment lost, like a tweak. I was using my Aegon today and he was working just fine so I have not experienced this bug.
  • Options
    GamerMalidosGamerMalidos Posts: 37
    DawsMan said:

It's weird because I feel like a bug would be something way off as opposed to a smaller increment lost, like a tweak. I was using my Aegon today and he was working just fine so I have not experienced this bug.

Yeah, I’ve got very little programming experience (and none of it is with video games), so I’ve got no clue why this would occur. Maybe the 75% listed in the Signature Ability is rounded? Like it’s only actually 74.something but the text rounds to 75%? I figured it was better to bring it to the forums in the hopes that someone from Kabam sees this and looks into it.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

Yeah, I’ve got very little programming experience (and none of it is with video games), so I’ve got no clue why this would occur. Maybe the 75% listed in the Signature Ability is rounded? Like it’s only actually 74.something but the text rounds to 75%? I figured it was better to bring it to the forums in the hopes that someone from Kabam sees this and looks into it.
    True true. Could it have been hits that happened after the fight? Like finish him with a special one and a couple hits happen after he's dead? That wouldn't make much sense cuz it should register (did for me today) but that could be another thing that may have broken...
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

True true. Could it have been hits that happened after the fight? Like finish him with a special one and a couple hits happen after he's dead? That wouldn't make much sense cuz it should register (did for me today) but that could be another thing that may have broken...
    I actually thought about that and made sure I didn’t end the second fight on a special (just in case it was the reason), so there was no way there were extra hits on the combo meter after the opponent went down.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    Think old discussion on this was that could be the finishing hit doesn’t count.
    Or that at least because some of his hits (Medium, at least 2nd Medium) is technically 2 hits (see how his combo meter goes up by 2 on those), and so 1st of the 2 hits could be the one actually killing him but 2nd one still adds to the Fight Combo count (but not then towards the carry-over calculation)
  • Options
    NimorNimor Posts: 110
    As SummonerNR mentioned the finishing hit and all other hits after the finishing one won't count for the carried combo calculation. For example if you use sp2 to kill him off the hit that kills him and the next hits of the sp2 will show up on your combo counter but won't be taken into the combo carry over calculation. I think if you take this into account and keep rounding the nums down the math should always add up.
  • Options
    I get that hits after the finishing hit shouldn’t count, but why wouldn’t the finishing hit? Like I mentioned previously, I made sure my fight didn’t have any hits after the one that knocks out the opponent, so there weren’t any after the fact.

Was there any weigh in from Kabam as to why this occurs? Or was that conclusion just what the players came up with to explain this?

P.S. I also had this just happen, but it was two below what it should’ve been. I ended the fight with 40 hits (so 30 should’ve been added to the combo meter), but only 28 were added.