**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why Red Goblin is better than CGR.

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
I think that Red Goblin should actually take CGRs place as the top cosmic officially.

I had a chance to play with them both for quite awhile and CGR just falls short almost everywhere I needed him.

First let’s look at damage:

Red goblins damage is actually quite crazy once you have 3 charges or he is in frenzy mode. There are plenty of solos in abyss with him.

They both finish fights roughly in the same time frame because CGR and RG have to use the SP3.

Let’s look at utility;

Red goblin is incinerate immune , can reduce spidey verse evades , anti miss, anti auto block , anti power burn. I have used everyone to get me out of trouble and tackle tricky node combinations. This is real content use. Modok , darkhawk, sixth sense etc.

Let’s look at practical uses.

Red goblin is just easier to use and more straight forward. You can have power gain as long as you need it, armor break, or incinerate as long as you need. Heck you can even have all 3 up.

CGR you have to activate combos and throw away utility so you can get the big payoff. When I think cosmic champs in general need more than just a big payoff.

Overall,
Red Goblin gets used pretty regularly whenever I can do some longer content with him, because of his simple rotation and everyday uses he ranks higher to me.

Comments

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I used to think CGR was the be all and end all of the cosmic class but he isn't. He has really great damage, but getting there can take a while and he doesn't really have any safety nets besides powerlock and high block prof.

Is Roblin better? No absolutely not. Is CGR the top Cosmic? No. CGR lacks a lot of utility in trade off for huge burst damage that doesn't require anything special. Doom can't do stun immune very well at all, but CGR can.

TBH your argument didn't convince me.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Hype is the best cosmic and robin is nowhere near Cgr.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

For red goblin to take top cosmic from CGR, CGR would have to get there first.

Also Aarkus > red goblin

No way.
    DawsMan said:

I used to think CGR was the be all and end all of the cosmic class but he isn't. He has really great damage, but getting there can take a while and he doesn't really have any safety nets besides powerlock and high block prof.

Is Roblin better? No absolutely not. Is CGR the top Cosmic? No. CGR lacks a lot of utility in trade off for huge burst damage that doesn't require anything special. Doom can't do stun immune very well at all, but CGR can.

That’s Fair. I’ll try to come up with a stronger argument.

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Also Aarkus > red goblin

No way.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but yes way.

Texas_11 said:

Also Aarkus > red goblin

No way.
    Vision Aarkus going to get a buff soon bro. What you talking about lol. I actually like him though.

You can see my roster above and see where I value the cosmic champs.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Chill out on the disagrees, guys. Geez!
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

since when was CGR the top cosmic "officially"?

Really I think the top 3 cosmic are :

CGR
    Red Goblin
    Corvus
    It was hard to choose between a lol and a disagree. I gave you a lol.

Also my top 5 is:
    Hype
    Corvus(#1 with suicides)
    CGR/CMM
    Whoever
    That other champ
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Also Aarkus > red goblin

No way.
    Vision Aarkus going to get a buff soon bro. What you talking about lol. I actually like him though.

Any source on Aarkus getting a buff soon or is this a "trust me bro" situation.

I could type up a paragraph on why Aarkus is far better than roblin but I doubt it would make a difference considering you think roblin > corvus.

Gratz on finding so much to like about red golblin, you must be seeing something entirely different to most to put him on such a pedestal

Texas_11 said:

since when was CGR the top cosmic "officially"?

Really I think the top 3 cosmic are :

CGR
    Red Goblin
    Corvus
    It was hard to choose between a lol and a disagree. I gave you a lol.

Also my top 5 is:
    Hype
    Corvus(#1 with suicides)
    CGR/CMM
    Whoever
    That other champ
    I was with you until I saw CMM, she is past her prime , and is not that great on her own. I’m not a suicide runner so don’t value Corvus very highly

I honestly think 5* hype is the better than any cosmic champs we have as a 6*,

We have Hercules and American Chavez coming so maybe that changes. Hercules being the icon he is will almost be a guarantee L. American Chavez though, god tier.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

DawsMan said:

That’s Fair. I’ll try to come up with a stronger argument.

Ok.

I'd like to share with you my logic on my top 3.

Let's assume hype is available as a six star for the sake of things

No.1 Hype. Big health pool, parry heavy for fairly reliable damage and insane power gain. You parry heavy, parry heavy, and your at a special two that will deal massive damage. Additionally his special 1 has damage over time and energy attack if you ever need access to that.

Once you reach 3 bars of power your power gain buffs are converted into atomic lookin thangs that increase your damage (so not a big penalty for holding at 3 bars) and if you dash back and hold block proc a huge regen. His special three does amazing damage as well and provides you with three of these buffs or makes them not expire (and turn into power gains) if you already have three.

The utility there is astronomical. DOT, stun, armor break, huge accessible damage, big regen, accessible specials, big health pool. He can just do so much.

No. 2 Corvus. He's the second most used champion in AW besides Quake (heard that from Kabam John on someone's live stream, either BG or Lags).

He is annoying to ramp up, but so is every other ramp up champion. He has huge damage and you can conserve your charges to set off huge specials. He has armor break on parry's and once you get 2 cruelties you are hitting like a truck. He has usefulness almost everywhere. He can crit through blocks.

Then his awakened ability is what brings him to a whole new level. He is immune to recoil and DOT at that point, can't die, if you have willpower and any sort of debuff it will bring you a little over 1% and then you can parry without taking away your charges. His utility and easy access to damage makes him insane, and that awakened ability is what puts him in the No. 2 spot.

No. 3 CGR. Bleed immune (great for biohazard tbh), incinerate immune (great for icarus). His block proficiency is insane, and he has huge damage. There are so many different cycles you can do for different fights. Want to cycle sp3s? MLLLM, and do that till you get a special three, feel free to dex.

Once you are there throw it off. Oh what's that? Big damage? Yup. Then MLLLL to get a massive power gain that will put you at 3 bars again. Be beating into the opponent, who will be melting because you have armor breaks on them and are powerlocked as well as void of any buffs (with awakening), and once the damnation or powerlock expires you go heavy cancel special three with close to 11 armor breaks on the defender. This special three will hit hard as well and you rinse and repeat.

Shorter fights you get to special 2 and heavy cancel into it, medium fights you get to special three then special two.

His utility isn't amazing but he has some good utility that is similar to a mystic champion paired with huge yellow and rust colored numbers that just melt anyone in the bursty fashion that cosmic's seem to excel in. You've also got vigilance so no missing, and DOT on special one that is unblockable (IMIW).

He lacks a bit of utility but the damage is THERE and as I was doing some Act 6 exploration, I'd go in against a less than favourable matchup, a little concerning, but then they were just dead. And that's part of his utility. Not a master of anything but sort of a big numbers jack of all trades.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chill out on the disagrees, guys. Geez!

If this is what needs to happen so be it. Tired of CGR getting the love he doesn’t deserve . Roblins time to shine.

He’s always shined. The lights just been dim to CGRS release but he is still a really great character, very underrated, and nonetheless a beast of a cosmic champ.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Also Aarkus > red goblin

No way.

Any source on Aarkus getting a buff soon or is this a "trust me bro" situation.

I could type up a paragraph on why Aarkus is far better than roblin but I doubt it would make a difference considering you think roblin > corvus.

Gratz on finding so much to like about red golblin, you must be seeing something entirely different to most to put him on such a pedestal
    No, I don’t know if he is getting a buff. I was just joking because I feel like he is missing. One or two things to make him great.

If you type your paragraph I would always read it openly and honestly, in fact I changed my mind on immortal hulk, Moleman, and ronin (suicides)

I really should do videos.