**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This month’s cav EQ node design is absolutely terrible

Comments

• Options
    BiiverBiiver Posts: 25
    I have given up on doing cavalier, it’s not fun, it’s like they make it harder so top 1% only Can play it. Blade is unplayable even all the Way Down to master
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Biiver said:

I have given up on doing cavalier, it’s not fun, it’s like they make it harder so top 1% only Can play it. Blade is unplayable even all the Way Down to master

Then you need to go 100% the level that kabam introduced lifecycle with. It isn’t that bad to be consider unplayable. It’s just difficult, as it should be.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    The blade boss admittedly caught me off guard during my first run but during exploration i realized everything you need for that boss is provided in the nodes.. I'll explain.

The lifecycle node basically wants you to knock down the defender as much as possible to extend the timer so you have an extended window to finish off the defender at the end. Power shield and unblockable specials actually both work in your favour in this case. If you pick any attacker with a projectile/range attack on the SP1, you basically knock blade down at the end to proc the lifecycle node, he heals to 10% but you can simply launch your special which is unblockable and with powershield should well do over 10% of health.

To deal with power alternater, you simply launch your SP1 as soon as you get it and thats acutally what you want to do as the more you knock the defender down, the longer it takes for lfiecycle to come back and with unblockable specials theres no risk. The rest is simply baiting blade's SP1 and playing around flux dispersal, which again incentivizes you to knock the defender down.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Chikel said:

Tru100 said:

My class MVP’s were: CGR, Colossus, Hulkbuster, Sorcerer Supreme, Torch/IBom/Spider Gwen (no standout in science chapter), Fury and Shang-Chi. All these champs could basically solo all the paths in their chapter aside from a couple specific node interactions here and there. Along with a few other champs from each class this has been how Cav EQ has been for last few months.

I think they’ve done a pretty good job with the EQ, it’s not perfect but seems like a good compromise in terms of challenging content that’s still accessible to most of the Cav/TB community. If they nerf it again it’ll be too easy and we’ll effectively be back where we started when they added additional level of difficulty.

The tech quest is basically Hulkkbuster or Guiily. Everyone else performs worse and that makes it bad as not everyone has those 2 champions.
    I think I used IMIW for most of it. You can pretty much keep them shocked constantly, and you even slow down their power gain a little by doing so. Most fights pretty straight forward with him.
    Don't have him or Guardian. My tech roster is basically Guilly and Warlock. I mostly used Warlock for some of the less difficult fights because I didn't think the health pools would survive ramped up Guilly and I really didn't want to go through the trouble of ramping her up a second time.
  • Options
    abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    Chikel said:

DNA3000 said:

Chikel said:

Tru100 said:

My class MVP’s were: CGR, Colossus, Hulkbuster, Sorcerer Supreme, Torch/IBom/Spider Gwen (no standout in science chapter), Fury and Shang-Chi. All these champs could basically solo all the paths in their chapter aside from a couple specific node interactions here and there. Along with a few other champs from each class this has been how Cav EQ has been for last few months.

I think they’ve done a pretty good job with the EQ, it’s not perfect but seems like a good compromise in terms of challenging content that’s still accessible to most of the Cav/TB community. If they nerf it again it’ll be too easy and we’ll effectively be back where we started when they added additional level of difficulty.

The tech quest is basically Hulkkbuster or Guiily. Everyone else performs worse and that makes it bad as not everyone has those 2 champions.
    I think I used IMIW for most of it. You can pretty much keep them shocked constantly, and you even slow down their power gain a little by doing so. Most fights pretty straight forward with him.
    Don't have him or Guardian. My tech roster is basically Guilly and Warlock. I mostly used Warlock for some of the less difficult fights because I didn't think the health pools would survive ramped up Guilly and I really didn't want to go through the trouble of ramping her up a second time.
    I think tech is actually less limiting than it was. I stuck with HB most of the time, but the opponent just needs to be power drained/burned/locked (or shocked). In addition to IMIW, you could use Nebula, as well. And she has shock on-demand. You could also use a 4* Sparky, build up poise charges and blast away with l2 until dead. Specifically though, Cap IW has a synergy with Vision(s)/IM which power drains after the opponent uses a special. Pick the tech champ you want to use and you're good to go.

Even as a recent Cav, no reason to not play around with different teams. That's actually my favorite part about Cav EQ. I can build around synergies and can use far lower rarities than in story. Even if you don't 100% this month, getting a better idea of potential counters would go a longer way towards exploring next month.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Spidergwen obliterated every lane of the science one where her lack of immunities weren't a problem.
  • Options
    WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    The nodes overall were not that enjoyable. I agree that science was very much not fun and a passive heal block on the skill chapter? Give suicudes users a chance for Christ's sake. The absolute worst was the Blade boss for sure though. Overall I usually enjoy the cav nodes but this month was particularly bottom barrel material. I hope we don't see these again or they get seriously adjusted.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Y'all realize Dorky Dave works for Kabam now? Coincidence??? Naw, it couldn't be... (Iceman summoner boss rush anyone?)

Overall, this wasn't that bad, but definitely not as class friendly as other CAV EQ nodes in the past. Passive heal block and excessive powergain is always terrible.

I used doom more for powergain control than the supposed class benefits. Longer fights, but more effective power control made them easier in the end.

Luke cage sat this one out, but he's been a pure beast as a 6*R1 in previous months.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I'd be ok if the "Heal Block" quest goes away next month. Particularly as a Suicides player. It's just not fun ending up at the boss with your team mostly dead without taking a single hit. I mean, I ended up using Aegon for it mostly after testing it out. He does slap pretty hard after a decent combo. Which was cool, but you're looking at losing at least half health in the first two fights just for funsies from the heal block.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Kappa2g said:

The lifecycle node basically wants you to knock down the defender as much as possible.... Power shield and unblockable specials actually both work in your favour in this case. If you pick any attacker with a projectile/range attack on the SP1, you basically knock blade down at the end to proc the lifecycle node, he heals to 10% but you can simply launch your special which is unblockable and with powershield should well do over 10% of health.

To deal with power alternater, you simply launch your SP1 as soon as you get it and thats acutally what you want to do as the more you knock the defender down, ..... The rest is simply baiting blade's SP1 and playing around flux dispersal, which again incentivizes you to knock the defender down.

He probably won't even heal the 10% if your knock down is a heavy, since it's power shield.

But I can't agree more with your assessment. They have given you everything in the node to do the fight, no special champ required, made even easier if they have a projectile attack, which is likely given it's a tech chapter.

Everyone complaining about the fight don't understand how the nodes are interacting. They basically gave you a roadmap to winning this fight, just need to follow it.

• Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★
    The problem I have with this month's Cav difficulty once again is the length. The combination of nodes making it slow and boring for the most part. That Guily boss fight 😴 I wouldn't mind the nodes if you didn't have to go thru them again and again.

When Cav came about I retired Heroic for lack of time. Then progressively Master went for completion only till I also dropped it entirely. And months like this, I really don't feel like doing UC once I cleared all Cav. And here is not for lack of time. I'm constantly auto playing proving grounds just to dump my unused energy for the rest of the month.

I'm pretty free to play so it hurts me to abandon the units and other bits and bobs from lower difficulties. It's my choice. But it's either that or I burn out from the game. Coz the repetitiveness is extremely mindnumbing.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Tostig32 said:

Whoever designed this month deserves to be fired, no idea what kind of developers Kabam has that they would think half of these nodes are a good idea. As a thronebreaker player with quite a large roster I was able to throw whoever in not really pay attention to the nodes and go through.

The blade boss has no place in Cav/Monthly EQ. If there are 5 counters to a boss or 3/4 chams of each class only that excel at the node,it is a poorly designed node. This is not a hard concept and yet Kabam still persist with missing this stationary mark planted infront of their faces.

Unlike the kabam lover TBs of these forums this does not mean I cant recognise when things are trickier or way harder than they should be, just because its easy for me.

Not only is it slow but it feels specifically anti-player in its designed, for what reason, who knows. Its either intentially meant to give the player a bad experience or simple incompetence. One again convincing me that no one at Kabam really knows what they're doing when it comes to game design.

You are objectively wrong and do not understand the mechanics of Blade boss. Almost any champ can do it. Lets see the things required:

1. Every champ can parry
    2. Every champ can throw a heavy
    3. Every champ can throw a damaging special attack
    4. Every champ can do 3 dexes to avoid his sp1

Where is the node that causes Blade to become exclusive? The unwillingness to learn even little bit of a challenge by some, is mind bogglingly absurd.
    If you read my post youd know I had to trouble with the boss, like I said. Not saying I had difficulty with it which youd know if you read the post but its clear you didnt.

What you dont understand is yes the nodes are fine individually, put them together, plus the power alternator and blades reduced debuff duration and they create an inherently problematic experience, if not why would it have caused such a commotion this month. But everyone thats complained about it is wrong because its fine for me and you right? Textbook MCOC toxicity.

Most people do not want their Monthy EQ to be "challenging". Do I? Yes ocasionally because I get bored sometimes, but unlike you I realise my opinion is not that of the masses.
    Cause most of the time, people refuse to use their brains to think of how to tackle a fight but look to others for solutions. Either that, or they expect to steamroll through everything with a generic team and once they have to, for a moment, change their team setup, they whine about it being difficult.

Bah. Kids.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    I’m upset that Doc Oc doesn’t work for the tech node this month.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

I did completion on the easy path and the ones I hated were the skill and tech nodes. The tech node was the most restrictive which shouldn't be the case considering that the class is mostly full of duds. I didn't have Hulkbuster and Guilly would have ended the fights too soon so I used Warlock and suffered.
    Passive healblock on the skill quest? Wtf? I had Elsa but I could have really used WP against that sp1-happy WM. Maybe a 90% passive Spectre that is reduced to 40% if you start the fight with a bleed or poison would have been better. Thankfully I don't run suicides.

@Chikel
    Did you use Sp1 with Warlock?

Bc 2 SP1 and SP2 was enough to end most fights for me 🤔

Tech was definitely more restrictive, I agree.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Lets just hope they don't keep the healblock from the skill chapter.

ppl with suicides didn't had the best time this month.

I know you can use Kingpin, MoleGod or Chang chi but Was still annoying
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Chikel said:

I did completion on the easy path and the ones I hated were the skill and tech nodes. The tech node was the most restrictive which shouldn't be the case considering that the class is mostly full of duds. I didn't have Hulkbuster and Guilly would have ended the fights too soon so I used Warlock and suffered.
    Passive healblock on the skill quest? Wtf? I had Elsa but I could have really used WP against that sp1-happy WM. Maybe a 90% passive Spectre that is reduced to 40% if you start the fight with a bleed or poison would have been better. Thankfully I don't run suicides.

@Chikel

Ι did but it was slow af as using sp1 with Warlock costs you your damage
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

Chikel said:

@Chikel

Suffered with warlock? He rinses that chapter. Guardian is a top candidate. Sparky and Sentinel also benefit... IMIW... Red Skull... Nebula? You have none of them?
  • Options
    xNig said:

Cause most of the time, people refuse to use their brains to think of how to tackle a fight but look to others for solutions. Either that, or they expect to steamroll through everything with a generic team and once they have to, for a moment, change their team setup, they whine about it being difficult.

Bah. Kids.

I think it's more of the latter. People aren't even looking for help, they're looking to complain when they can't use the champs they've always relied on. Problem is that account growth is so fast now. You can steamroll acts 1-5 with your brain switched off, you can basically overpower all the content... and the same goes for EQ up to uncollected.

So suddenly when you can't do it, game is too hard and requires too much.

The funny things is, I miss the cav nodes in uncollected, because if you understand how they work, well matched champs make cav fights faster than uncollected ones.
  • Options
    why is this months eq tough? it isnt. It is quite fun. If you arent able to do it, rank up options, or drop down in difficulty, it is quite easy.
  • Options
    Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★

It’s like the Act 6 design team created the nodes. They’re not fun, instead they’re punishing even for the particular class-based champions. For example, Hulkbuster was MVP for the tech quest and BWCV for the mystic quest, but there weren’t really a lot of other great options. These nodes were supposed to benefit the champions of that particular class, but instead they only benefit a couple. Tech quest only had 3-4 viable tech options out of, what, 30 tech champions?

The worst is the science quest. Even with CapIW and Doom (for power control), it was a lot tougher than what it should really be. I didn’t use any revives, but that’s really not the point. Cavalier difficulty increase is fine by me, but it should also be fun, rewarding, and/or sensible in design, with more than just a couple viable options to use. Science quest I had to slog my way through, praying the defender would be aggressive and throw their specials before reaching three bars of power, which, with science champs and Mr. Fantastic’s synergy and pre-fight, did diddly squat to reduce power gain.

Last month, the EQ bosses were pretty tough, especially without white mags pre-fight. This month, besides Blade, the bosses were relatively easy, but the regular fights were garbage because of the global nodes. Doable, but painful.

Kabam, we want more 7.2 node interactions and less... whatever this is. Yes, some endgame players want cavalier difficulty to be more difficult, but this is not what they asked for. What they asked for is that they want challenging content again, not BS nodes that make regular fights more difficult than what they should be.

Take the time and invest in other options of your roster instead of relying on the same champs over and over.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

xNig said:

Bah. Kids.

I think it's more of the latter. People aren't even looking for help, they're looking to complain when they can't use the champs they've always relied on. Problem is that account growth is so fast now. You can steamroll acts 1-5 with your brain switched off, you can basically overpower all the content... and the same goes for EQ up to uncollected.

So suddenly when you can't do it, game is too hard and requires too much.

The funny things is, I miss the cav nodes in uncollected, because if you understand how they work, well matched champs make cav fights faster than uncollected ones.
    That’s the problem with accelerated progress tbh. Earlier 5-6k PI fights in Master EQ mean nothing when people steamroll them with R5/R2s from offers or easy side quests.

The newer players miss out on opportunities to learn and strategize node combinations etc because there was no need to. So they lack the experience in handling basic node interactions.

Then they get into UC. The layer of node/champ interaction deepens and they get screwed. Bring that further into Cav and they have totally no idea what they’re doing, only knowing to rely on guides and “xxx said Y champ is the mvp to take this node and I don’t have him, so I can’t do this node, hence it is a moneygrab.”

It’s kinda sad, really.
  • Options
    GriffenGriffen Posts: 12
    I didn’t have any luck on the cosmic quest so I have not even passed the first event.

2 months ago I was able to 100% the quest with a little effort and use of resources. Last week I struggled for lack of options. This month I’m so demotivated. I may just skip it.
  • Options
    abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    Griffen said:

I didn’t have any luck on the cosmic quest so I have not even passed the first event.

2 months ago I was able to 100% the quest with a little effort and use of resources. Last week I struggled for lack of options. This month I’m so demotivated. I may just skip it.

Instead of skipping it, just ask for help! There's enough people here that we can give you enough strategies to at least explore the easy path.

I think some of y'all think that the vets are toxic, but it's because we want to share the knowledge we have BUT NO ONE ASKS! Want to know how to fight a particular champ? Ask! Want to know how to fight a particular node? Ask! But don't just complain and say it's a moneygrab or terrible node design.

Keep this in mind - Cav EQ is here for a month. Just because you can't beat it on first pass (or second, or third) doesn't mean you have to quit the whole month. I always explore cav EQ and even this time I quit against Blade. I'm not immune from failing; I fail all the time. But I just left out and tried another team - a team that actually worked. Did I lose the energy getting to Blade? Yeah, but so what? It will refill again.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Tostig32 said:

Whoever designed this month deserves to be fired, no idea what kind of developers Kabam has that they would think half of these nodes are a good idea. As a thronebreaker player with quite a large roster I was able to throw whoever in not really pay attention to the nodes and go through.

The blade boss has no place in Cav/Monthly EQ. If there are 5 counters to a boss or 3/4 chams of each class only that excel at the node,it is a poorly designed node. This is not a hard concept and yet Kabam still persist with missing this stationary mark planted infront of their faces.

Unlike the kabam lover TBs of these forums this does not mean I cant recognise when things are trickier or way harder than they should be, just because its easy for me.

Not only is it slow but it feels specifically anti-player in its designed, for what reason, who knows. Its either intentially meant to give the player a bad experience or simple incompetence. One again convincing me that no one at Kabam really knows what they're doing when it comes to game design.

You are objectively wrong and do not understand the mechanics of Blade boss. Almost any champ can do it. Lets see the things required:

1. Every champ can parry
    2. Every champ can throw a heavy
    3. Every champ can throw a damaging special attack
    4. Every champ can do 3 dexes to avoid his sp1

Where is the node that causes Blade to become exclusive? The unwillingness to learn even little bit of a challenge by some, is mind bogglingly absurd.
    If you read my post youd know I had to trouble with the boss, like I said. Not saying I had difficulty with it which youd know if you read the post but its clear you didnt.

What you dont understand is yes the nodes are fine individually, put them together, plus the power alternator and blades reduced debuff duration and they create an inherently problematic experience, if not why would it have caused such a commotion this month. But everyone thats complained about it is wrong because its fine for me and you right? Textbook MCOC toxicity.

Most people do not want their Monthy EQ to be "challenging". Do I? Yes ocasionally because I get bored sometimes, but unlike you I realise my opinion is not that of the masses.
    Gotta love people that didn't have trouble complaining on the behalf of others lol. "Most people do not want their EQ to be challenging?" OK. Going out on a limb here but maybe they shouldn't be playing the hardest difficulty. We got Cavalier because uncollected wasn't challenging any more.
  • Options
    Terry_BolleaTerry_Bollea Posts: 54
    None of the Cav EQ fights are challenging or difficult. This is the most mind numbing,mundane, boring EQ.