**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ after update

Is it just me & my Alliance teammates, but since the update, AQ degree of difficulty- from defender hit points, attack, buffs/debuffs - seem much more difficult. I don’t mind an increase in difficulty provided there’s a commensurate increase in rewards - and there doesn’t appear to be any. And I have a lot of new players in my alliance who are getting crushed - and discouraged by the game.

If the degree of difficulty needed to increase b/c players were crushing it, so be it, but we need to also be able to increase the capabilities of our attackers to keep up with the change. That should mean an increase in rewards, which I don’t see.

@kabam, am I missing some part of that relationship?

Comments

• Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    The doom bots seem to be hitting a little harder. Don’t have the data to back that up but feels like it when I got hit compared to before.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    AQ Defender Level (stats, etc) at beginning of each new Series is based on each Alliance's “Starting AQ Prestige” (which is just your Ally Prestige at start of Series).

And then each day afterwards the running AQ Prestige (for whole Alliance) will go up or down (hopefully up) based on how many “Wins” (boss kills) or Losses, and based on which Map those BG's were on that got the Wins/Losses.

So as you Win each day, the opponents get stronger and stronger (and even more-so for winning on higher maps). But the points you get for killing nodes similarly increases each day as well after Wins too.

So thus another aspect of this is that as your Alliance membership gets higher Prestige (bringing in higher members, or just everyone ranking up top champs) the AQ opponents will become stronger than what they may have been in the past when Alliance had a lower rating/prestige.

So yes, but just because that is the design, not conspiratorially “b/c players were crushing it”
  • Options
    RexnSpikeRexnSpike Posts: 63

AQ Defender Level (stats, etc) at beginning of each new Series is based on each Alliance's “Starting AQ Prestige” (which is just your Ally Prestige at start of Series).

And then each day afterwards the running AQ Prestige (for whole Alliance) will go up or down (hopefully up) based on how many “Wins” (boss kills) or Losses, and based on which Map those BG's were on that got the Wins/Losses.

So as you Win each day, the opponents get stronger and stronger (and even more-so for winning on higher maps). But the points you get for killing nodes similarly increases each day as well after Wins too.

So thus another aspect of this is that as your Alliance membership gets higher Prestige (bringing in higher members, or just everyone ranking up top champs) the AQ opponents will become stronger than what they may have been in the past when Alliance had a lower rating/prestige.

So yes, but just because that is the design, not conspiratorially “b/c players were crushing it”

——

I appreciate the feedback! I hadn’t realized the progressive nature of the contest according to Alliance strength, wins, progress, etc. That’s helpful. I’ll take that back to the Alli. We are still pretty new and are struggling with morale and getting buy-in for about 10 players to take part consistently.

I guess I didn’t recall the jump in DoD being so steep or so punishing before the break. Yes, it increased a bit but I didn’t have players falling like flies, like we did this week. I was also a bit frustrated that the rewards list doesn’t seem to have changed. As you said though, our points certainly have increased, so hopefully we will see an increase in season-end rewards.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. (I’m totally conspiratorial though, lol.)
    Cheers
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    Your welcome.
    And although you may be struggling to even fill BG 1/2, and maybe wondering if your Ally should even be starting up (or now, pre-enlisting) as 3 BG's in AQ or just 1 or 2…

Opening up all 3 BG's will help curtail the increase in difficulty each day (if you find it getting hard), as a Loss in BG3 will somewhat offset the increase from Wins in BG 1 or 2.

Just tell people that BG 1/2 should take priority when joining.