**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is there a heal block(Passive) in EQ?

13»

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the Heal Block node throughout the entire quest - at all.
    If it was one lane, sure - but the whole quest? Not a fan. That's just my view & opinion on the node design.
    I think it should have been SPECTRE instead.

The argument "not every quest needs to be suicide friendly" doesn't hold much weight to me here. Should there be a quest next month that puts players at a massive disadvantage if they don't run those masteries? No, that would be absurd. Friendly reminder, that this is a tedious & casual monthly event quest - not a massive piece of endgame content. Nobody should be expected to change any masteries for an event quest.

That being said, while I'm personally not a fan of passive heal block, there are 63 champions that you'd be able to use in that quest while running the full suicide masteries to get through it without even realizing that the node was there. Not all of them are Skill champions, but that's okay - Cav EQ is all about utilizing your roster to the full extent of your knowledge.
    There are a bunch of Skill champions that benefit from shrugging off debuffs nowadays - and they work really well throughout the quest, even the Skill champions not a part of those 63 champions I mentioned above - you get 5 spots for a reason.

I personally used Mole Man for just about every single fight, and had a grand time doing so.

Honestly man every quest these days just about disadvantages people not using them as the healthpools are tuned around them. If that wasn't the case so many people wouldn't use them.

I get the frustration with it and I've been screaming they need to fix the mastery system just as much as any, but I have a much harder time having any sympathy here when things like AQ have turned into use Corvus and suicides timing out 20 times or have a really bad time bc of healthpoils and nodes which is far more of an inconvenience than a single quest one month.

If I can manage to deal with things like AQ and just about any new content every single day without them, I don't see it as this massive slight for people using them to have to deal with a quest here and there occasionally
  • Jaded said:

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the Heal Block node throughout the entire quest - at all.
    If it was one lane, sure - but the whole quest? Not a fan. That's just my view & opinion on the node design.

The argument "not every quest needs to be suicide friendly" doesn't hold much weight to me here. Should there be a quest next month that puts players at a massive disadvantage if they don't run those masteries? No, that would be absurd. Friendly reminder, that this is a tedious & casual monthly event quest - not a massive piece of endgame content. Nobody should be expected to change any masteries for an event quest.

That being said, while I'm personally not a fan of passive heal block, there are 63 champions that you'd be able to use in that quest while running the full suicide masteries to get through it without even realizing that the node was there. Not all of them are Skill champions, but that's okay - Cav EQ is all about utilizing your roster to the full extent of your knowledge.
    There are a bunch of Skill champions that benefit from shrugging off debuffs nowadays - and they work really well throughout the quest, even the Skill champions not a part of those 63 champions I mentioned above - you get 5 spots for a reason.

I personally used Mole Man for just about every single fight, and had a grand time doing so.

🤔 The same argument can be made the other way. Any content that doesn’t have a heal block passive is made to benefit suicide users. I’d peg that at about 90-95% of content in the game.

With preset masteries, this could be avoided although kabam will likely cash in for that making it less likely then before to switch masteries.
    “Any content that doesn’t have a heal block is made to benefit suicide users” isn’t the same argument, and it wouldn’t be true.
    Every piece of content in the entire game is 100% playable without suicides.

Again, friendly reminder that this is a monthly event quest.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

🤔 The same argument can be made the other way. Any content that doesn’t have a heal block passive is made to benefit suicide users. I’d peg that at about 90-95% of content in the game.

With preset masteries, this could be avoided although kabam will likely cash in for that making it less likely then before to switch masteries.
    “Any content that doesn’t have a heal block is made to benefit suicide users” isn’t the same argument, and it wouldn’t be true.

That reminder is strictly for you buddy, it’s a heal block on 1 level that won’t exist in 25 days. If this was the abyss that had a passive heal block, I would totally agree with you. It’s one small level and anyone with knowledge and skill can still complete the level with their suicides turned on. This isn’t a hill to die on, it’s absurd this is even a complaint. Y’all want kabam to change one level just so a group of people don’t have more of a challenge to overcome, yet they (the user) created the problem? Flabbergasted by these comments, it’s either entitlement or just childish behaviour.

This is how I read the comments;
    “I have suicides on and because they cost too much to change I want kabam to change the level to suit my specific needs”

This community will find anything to complain about. It’s getting out of hand imo, and having a yt personality feeding this tiny complaint makes it apparent where these childish behaviours come from.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

That reminder is strictly for you buddy, it’s a heal block on 1 level that won’t exist in 25 days. If this was the abyss that had a passive heal block, I would totally agree with you. It’s one small level and anyone with knowledge and skill can still complete the level with their suicides turned on. This isn’t a hill to die on, it’s absurd this is even a complaint. Y’all want kabam to change one level just so a group of people don’t have more of a challenge to overcome, yet they (the user) created the problem? Flabbergasted by these comments, it’s either entitlement or just childish behaviour.

“I have suicides on and because they cost too much to change I want kabam to change the level to suit my specific needs”

This community will find anything to complain about. It’s getting out of hand imo, and having a yt personality feeding this tiny complaint makes it apparent where these childish behaviours come from.
    Your response is actually the childish behavior here man. There’s nothing childish about having an opinion but saying something is a tiny complaint is like saying A bug is irrelevant but this one bug in some cases can make the game unplayable. It’s the little things that matter. Let’s remind ourselves that monthly EQ is a reoccurring quest so this will have long term effects. As far as the suicide issue goes, it’s not a matter of whether you can turn them on or off, but the simple fact that healblock is present. It is annoying and I think anyone with suicides on can agree. Yes, it can be done without turning them off but If you’re not running suicides, turn them on and go see if it annoys you, otherwise don’t try and argue to other people why they shouldn’t run suicides just because it’s their choice or why their arguments make no sense when you not even in their shoes.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Your response is actually the childish behavior here man. There’s nothing childish about having an opinion but saying something is a tiny complaint is like saying A bug is irrelevant but this one bug in some cases can make the game unplayable. It’s the little things that matter. Let’s remind ourselves that monthly EQ is a reoccurring quest so this will have long term effects. As far as the suicide issue goes, it’s not a matter of whether you can turn them on or off, but the simple fact that healblock is present. It is annoying and I think anyone with suicides on can agree. Yes, it can be done without turning them off but If you’re not running suicides, turn them on and go see if it annoys you, otherwise don’t try and argue to other people why they shouldn’t run suicides just because it’s their choice or why their arguments make no sense when you not even in their shoes.
    Your rebuttal is immature. I have made the informed choice to not run suicides. This global node being another reason why I’m glad I have them turned off. It is a small complaint, because it’s a level that won’t be around permanently. This argument will be meaningless in 26 days when a new eq is out and more complaining of a different nature begins. The suicide users in this thread are the ones making a bigger deal out of it then needed. Not 1 single person in my chats have even mentioned they are “annoyed” with this and many of them run suicides all the time.

Making a mountain out of a molehill is childish behaviour.
  • Jaded said:

Jaded said:

@Jaded if that’s actually how you read my comment, then I suggest you read it over again.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

@Jaded if that’s actually how you read my comment, then I suggest you read it over again.
    Then educate me on how I should have read it.
  • Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I very clearly said that while I’m not personally a fan of the node design, the content can be completed with over 30% of the champions currently in the game without even realizing that it’s there - and that many Skill champions can take advantage of the accompanying Skill nodes even while running full suicides.
    I also went on to say how even with the remainder of the 70%, the content is very much so doable - as you receive 5 whole slots for different Champions in the game for a reason.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I very clearly said that while I’m not personally a fan of the node design, the content can be completed with over 30% of the champions currently in the game without even realizing that it’s there - and that many Skill champions can take advantage of the accompanying Skill nodes even while running full suicides.
    I also went on to say how even with the remainder of the 70%, the content is very much so doable - as you receive 5 whole slots for different Champions in the game for a reason.
    Oh you wanted me to read back everything you previously wrote. Gotcha. I tend to read what’s written and move on, not continuously put together a puzzle of feelings.

The forums are meant for discussion & feedback amongst players of all levels, from every area of the game. Yet it’s consistently filled with people barking at eachother and the invalidation of other player’s opinions.
    It’s grown into a toxic battleground of different groups of players - whether it be veteran players vs progressing players, suicide users vs non-suicide users, ftp players vs non-ftp players, etc - wanting to bicker with eachother instead of having those discussions and creating a civil dialogue.
    It’s very unfortunate to see.

Yet here we are with you and other suicide users down playing the useful knowledge of those that have made informed decisions to turn off their suicides. 🧐

I’d have to say if you feel this is toxic then you’re in over your head with any meaningful debate towards the game. I’ve taken none of this personally.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Your rebuttal is immature. I have made the informed choice to not run suicides. This global node being another reason why I’m glad I have them turned off. It is a small complaint, because it’s a level that won’t be around permanently. This argument will be meaningless in 26 days when a new eq is out and more complaining of a different nature begins. The suicide users in this thread are the ones making a bigger deal out of it then needed. Not 1 single person in my chats have even mentioned they are “annoyed” with this and many of them run suicides all the time.

You are among the few that are here making a mountain out of a mole hill as you say. In 26 days another EQ starts that is likely a repeat of the current nodes so your point is invalid. And people in your “chat” don’t mean anything, there’s plenty of people right here on forums voicing their opinion. Get a life man and stop forum surfing. Lol every person I see with silver stars all seem to have this same attitude in common. You just come to argue with people about how their complaints can’t be justified. Every post you make further confirms my suspicion.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

You are among the few that are here making a mountain out of a mole hill as you say. In 26 days another EQ starts that is likely a repeat of the current nodes so your point is invalid. And people in your “chat” don’t mean anything, there’s plenty of people right here on forums voicing their opinion. Get a life man and stop forum surfing. Lol every person I see with silver stars all seem to have this same attitude in common. You just come to argue with people about how their complaints can’t be justified. Every post you make further confirms my suspicion.
    Again, the molehill is the node and the mountain is the suicide users wanting it changed. You only want to view it one way, that’s completely on you. Heal block passive on rotating content is completely justified by the fact that kabam has made strides to making different global nodes. The feedback to support is what’s needed here. If suicide users want to give that feedback they should, through the right channels. The forum threads do not reach those that make the content always.

If this is as on permanent content I would highly agree with it being removed. My chats are not the generalization of the community, I was merely stating that I’ve only heard this problem here. Some people tend to think I’m speaking more down at them then just directly to them. This is the confusion of just typing and not being face to face during a debate.

@Karatemike415, I apologize to you for missing your agreeing points. I’m not infallible in having confusion as well.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't see why this is a big deal. You don't have to run skill champs. If you have suicides, take a suicide friendly team.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Again, the molehill is the node and the mountain is the suicide users wanting it changed. You only want to view it one way, that’s completely on you. Heal block passive on rotating content is completely justified by the fact that kabam has made strides to making different global nodes. The feedback to support is what’s needed here. If suicide users want to give that feedback they should, through the right channels. The forum threads do not reach those that make the content always.

If this is as on permanent content I would highly agree with it being removed. My chats are not the generalization of the community, I was merely stating that I’ve only heard this problem here. Some people tend to think I’m speaking more down at them then just directly to them. This is the confusion of just typing and not being face to face during a debate.

@Karatemike415, I apologize to you for missing your agreeing points. I’m not infallible in having confusion as well.
    You seem to enjoy hearing yourself speak so I’m out, enjoy your monologue bro 😎

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

You seem to enjoy hearing yourself speak so I’m out, enjoy your monologue bro 😎
    Unable to accept any other POV but their own. Enjoy running suicides and not being happy with the consequences!!