**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which has more chances to give more Units? Normal Arena or Uncollected arena?

LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Which has more chances to give units?
Arena crystal or Uncollected arena crystal?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    I think the uncollected ones are better if you open with 200k or more
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Both are nearly the same i guess
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

If you open crystals from 100.000.000 battlechips they should come out roughly the same. However, if you only have 100.000 you might feel better doing regular crystals because you will atleast get some units, and the uncollected has a higher chance of not giving units over such a small pool. Would mean you get very lucky some time after that and right away get several hunderd units from that stack.
    Over a year of opening it pretty much does not matter. But I always do regulars because it feels like you get more and have better chances.

yup id say this is a good summary
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Regular is more consistent because random events tend towards the average if you’re using them more, but overall they’re both the same, just uc are higher risk higher reward
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    They have the same chance but if you happen to get unit in uncollected you will get more units than with normal arena crystals
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Go for regular. It gives you more even drop rates and therefore more units.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Melengwu said:

The regular works fine for. Never opening the uncollected ever again. Ran a test once, opened 300k (uncollected) and got 10units. Opened 200k regular and got 915 units. Maybe it was just a lucky streak or an unlucky one for the uncollected, but I've been sticking to regular ever since

That’s impressive considering the bare minimum units you can get from UC arena crystals is 75...
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Rates are the same for all the Arena Crystals … if you use a large amount (like millions) of chips, the outcome should be more or less the same. Just higher * Punishers included.

This was a single random Thronebreaker Arena Crystal. It‘s possible.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zan0 said:

They are the same

Not exactly. Basic is much better for units because you have a higher chance to get units. 5 chances compared to 1 chance. If you do get 225 units from the uncollected, that would be good lol.
    In the long run, they are exactly identical for units. The basic is not better for units. What the basic crystal is better for is generating the average results. Because you're opening five times more of smaller reward crystals, the probability is much higher they will average out to numbers closer to the average. Consider the difference between opening one UC arena crystal and five normal arena crystals. Obviously the UC crystal can only drop one thing. There's absolutely no way you're going to get some gold and some units. But this is at least possible with five normal crystals. For larger numbers, the results tend to continue in that direction statistically.

You can get lucky with either crystal, and you can get unlucky with either crystal. But in the long run both crystals generate exactly the same return for gold and units. The UC crystal costs five times as much and drops five times larger rewards. The only difference in terms of actual rewards is the UC crystal doesn't drop fives numbers the number of Punishers when that drops, instead it drops higher rarity (star) Punishers. I consider a 5* Punisher more than five times more valuable than five 4* Punishers and ditto for the 4* vs 3*, so the value of the UC arena crystals is very slightly higher. But in terms of units and gold, identical.

Now, if you need a small amount of units right now, but you almost don't care how many units, then opening basics is better, simply because while the UC crystals will average out in the long run, and you have a chance to get lucky and get way more units, you have a greater chance of temporarily getting a bad luck streak and getting no units.

To put it another way, if you need five units now, open basics. If you want the maximum amount of units over time and you only care about the long term return on investment, you can choose either crystal. in the long run, the UC crystal will generate better returns by a tiny amount because you'll get more 4* Punisher drops which (eventually) generate ISO and gold. That difference is relatively small, but as it is there I only open UC crystals, because why open any crystal that generates a tiny amount less for no reason.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I open nothing but uncollected. Sometimes I get only gold, other times I hit massive jackpots I'd never get with regular. Over time it's the same, but I like the jackpots lol. Regular will be more likely to give you some units only because you are opening more of them but the drop rates are the same.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Opened 10 UC arena. Got 0 units! 🙏🙏🙏
    RNG at its best!
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

I think the uncollected ones are better if you open with 200k or more

My 1,000,000 battle chips for a return of 1000 units would like a word with you.