**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I finally reached the Gwen master any tips I need to know?

odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    I couldn't take the juiced path....
  • ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    Copy and pasted from the guide I wrote for 7.2 a while ago. I basically broke down each phase with some little tips:

To master this fight, you need to have an understanding of each of her phases and what you need to do. Additionally, she has a timer which you have to complete the tasks before she gets to her sp2 and nukes you but you can extend the timer with some cheeky intercepts. She’s very aggressive so it’s not too hard to get into a rhythm of dashing back, having her chase you and you punishing her with an intercept.

She starts off in her Emma Frost phase where you need to evade her special when she has 4 prowesses. To gain a prowess, you need to take her out of diamond form which is done in the same way as Emma. I found throwing specials when she’s just under a bar of power worked nicely in getting her out of diamond form. Just be careful of evading her specials, in this form your controls are reversed during specials.

The next phase is the Killmonger phase which is actually pretty straightforward, you just need to stay aggressive. You have to hit her 60 times to drop the counter down, which champs with multi hit specials can help with, although it’s not at all necessary. Same as Killmonger after his sp1, you can’t hit into her block so it’s a bit more risky to get your intercepts and pause the timer. Do not throw specials at her after her own special or you’ll get it all reflected back to you.

The next phase is the Invisible Woman phase which you just need to get rid of her forcefield. You get a big fury when intercepting which is what you want to be doing so you don’t run out of time for the task. I found that throwing a special while I have the fury from intercepting took off a bigger chunk of the forcefield. Be careful of her going invisible after specials.

The next phase is the Doom phase which in my opinion is the easiest phase. You need to knock her down 4 times using unique ways each time, and there’s only 4 unique ways to do that which is heavy, sp1, sp2 and sp3. It seems like a lot of power you need to get those all done in the timer but each time you knock her down, you get a nice energise buff making it quicker to hit the next special.

The next phase is the Vision Aarkus phase which is quite annoying and did trip me up a fair bit. You need to get 10 armour breaks on you which you get by keeping your distance but it’s made harder with her being so aggressive. On top of that, there’s some fun coldsnap damage after she throws her sp1. I found rather than being passive, it’s good to be aggressive yourself and hit your intercepts, heavies and specials to keep distance and the armour breaks will naturally build up.

The last phase is the Iron Man phase which is not too bad once you understand what you need to do. So you have to get rid of her armour ups by ending combos with light attacks, but she also stuns you if you try to hit her after she throws her sp1. To get around this, you need to heavy counter her heavy which also gets rid of an armour up. This is where I found that Wasp is really nice because of her heavy animation making it easy to counter heavies.
    If she’s not dead by now then the phases loop back to the beginning and repeat.

Best of luck!
    And feel free to check out my guide for 7.2 exploration:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/265624/7-2-exploration-guide#latest
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Hit her and don't get hit.

That's my advice.