**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best way to spend my units earned from grinding arenas

DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I'm a bit lost as to where to go from here. I restarted playing this game in June and have grinded every basic arena since. I now have 11 four star champs at 4/40 - SW, Wolverine, Iceman, AA, DV, Hyperion, Stark SM, GP, CA WW2, Ultron, and Magik. All are duped except for Magik, Ultron, Iceman, and Stark SM. I have 50 four-star champs all together, most at 2/20, and the notable one missing (as far as clearing content) is SL. I don't have the catalysts to take any of them to 5/50 yet. I only have 3 five star heroes, all unduped (Hulk, WS, OML)

I've completed act 4 but not explored it, and have completed the first 3 chapters of RTL.

As far as masteries I have DW at 4/5, MD at 4/5, GC at 3/3 and Assassin at 1/5. I do not have willpower or any suicide masteries unlocked.

I earn about 1000 units per week from grinding the arenas and quests. I can explore most of act iv without spending units on potions(would spend them to speed it up) but am not skilled enough to complete RTL or Master Mode without spending a decent amount on units!

My initial thought was that I need to grind out fully exploring act IV to get the catalysts to take a few heroes to 5/50 to be able to finish 5.1 and 5.2.

Thank you for any help. This is going to be a long task, so I want to make sure I don't waste a lot of time and units on a fool's mission. All these units are going to come from grinding, so we're looking at 4k per month max

Best way to spend my units earned from grinding arenas 55 votes

Fully Explore Act IV quickly by using units for energy refills
20%
AegonTHulksmasshhdkatrylBadroseSai_7vinniegainzKenshioMHB_102002SgtAnime1Boris12366groundedmaster20005 11 votes
Complete Acts 5.1 and 5.2 to become uncollected by buying lots of potions
20%
ShrimkinsRaganatoradqqedfyvrARMAGEDDON999RotellyDhruvgRun477GrimmbearJayBird_IsTheWordMaxwell33Zordak 11 votes
Complete RTL Chapter 4 by buying lots of potions
3%
YellsomeKorporate_Kurt 2 votes
Invest in Masteries
43%
DNA3000Stara99Vdh2008SnakeEyes69The_OneDarkestDestroyerEb0ny-O-M4wTBJ1118DrOctavius2_2Spity68vg2782Player1994zuffyUsername819273943KingCrooksMasterTroller42BUZZdog3000R4GEPeterStreitAnonymous346 24 votes
Save for possible in-game purchases of 5 star shards, awakening gems, vision OG, etc
10%
GamerNoob_2yrsAjavedLeftTurnAlbqrqeAxeCopFireSummonerB2 6 votes
Fully Explore Monthly Master Quests by buying a lot of potions
1%
RagamugginGunner 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks use your units in the way that's going to make the game fun for you. Start by figuring out what your end game is going to be.
  • Options
    DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Thank you for the vote of confidence Wakandas_Finest. I guess what I'm curious about is whether one of these steps is a better "first step" than the others - i.e. if I need willpower maxed to do RTL, if I need to explore Act IV to get some 5/50 heroes to do 5.1 and 5.2, etc. Because like you said, obviously it's my time wasted. haha.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    With the current rewards system, it behooves one to complete 5.2 asap.

After that work on masteries.
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    PHC
  • Options
    Invest in Masteries
    its very personal, but yh, your champs need them masteries. get assasin, deep wounds and willpower. that will help you...
    also, saving them for offers is also a good idea
  • Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Buy 150 unit crystals, and then tell everyone that your cousins opened them so they dont call you stupid. lol
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Invest in Masteries
    build ur masteries then take some 4* to rank 5 and ur 5* hulk to rank 3 maybe ws too to rank 3 then do 1 run over act 5 to get the completion rewards and the uncollected stuff after that in the same time u will be able to do master questes after that save for in game purchase

no one will give u sucha good advise lool :smiley:
  • Options
    Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    edited October 2017
    invest your units in masteries and energy refills to fully explore Act 4. That way you will have better resources and hopefully take someone to Rank 5.
    Think of Suicides later. Get Willpower, Deep Wounds, Assasin, Glass Canon masteries .

P.S : My vote is completely intact .. it needs investment in masteries and 100% exploration of Act 4

• Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »
    build ur masteries then take some 4* to rank 5 and ur 5* hulk to rank 3 maybe ws too to rank 3 then do 1 run over act 5 to get the completion rewards and the uncollected stuff after that in the same time u will be able to do master questes after that save for in game purchase

no one will give u sucha good advise lool :smiley:

Anybody else hear that last sentence in Nintendo's Mario voice?
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Well my suggestion would be that 1st 100% complete act 4 , then go for act 5 , and fix your mastery in between.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Send me items
  • Options
    I’m not sure you need to buy energy to clear act 4 or 5 as quickly as possible. I do agree that fully exploring act 4 will make act 5 cheaper bc u can have more r5s at that point. But beating 5.2 is much more helpful for quicker advancement. The rewards from 4 are better than the immediate rewards from 5.2. But for purposes of advancing along, the rewards along the way from uncollected better. It’s just going to cost you a lot of units in the process
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Fully Explore Monthly Master Quests by buying a lot of potions
    Do not unlock willpower. It's garbage unless you have suicides and costs way too many units and mastery points.

Get master mode completion and try to 100% at least the first two chapters. If you can 100% the whole thing finish avt 4 and get those rewards.
  • Options
    Also, u don’t need willpower and definitely don’t need suicides. Willpower is kind of pointless anymore unless you are running suicides to increase defender rating (but that’s a whole different topic of discussion). Your masteries right now are fine. When u go back to masteries, I would say get dw to 5 and then work on assassin if u are running wolverine or x23 in aq
  • Options
    KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Invest in Masteries
    If your masteries are good and you're a moderately skilled player or better you don't need potions. #wolvie for everything
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    edited October 2017
    1000 units per week ? you can use it everywhere , quest , story , arena recharege , energy refil , mastery
    just remember to save 1000 unit for good offers and dont buy any crystal
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Each 100% explored act of chapter 4 gives a mastery point, for a total of 4 masteries you can't get any other way.

Therefor, that should be the first thing.

After that, getting the actual masteries unlocked would be the next step.

5.2 for Uncollected is the third step.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Invest in Masteries
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Each 100% explored act of chapter 4 gives a mastery point, for a total of 4 masteries you can't get any other way.

Therefor, that should be the first thing.

After that, getting the actual masteries unlocked would be the next step.

5.2 for Uncollected is the third step.

Just my opinion but I would go the other way around. Spend units unlocking masteries, while working on Act 4 at the normal energy pace. A good mastery setup provides benefits all around, up to and including running the content while spending less on potions. Getting to Uncollected is definitely worth it, but I don't think it makes sense to speed towards the Collector while being unprepared to face him. He's kind of low to be jumping into the Collector right now, and as a grinder there are still interesting and useful champs coming up that would make the Collector easier. Besides Iceman now, there's Star Lord and Stark Spiderman coming up. Plenty of time to finish Act 4 in the meantime. By the time you get there you want to have the strongest roster possible with as much stuff ranked up as possible, and a strong mastery setup.

In general, I try to spend units in ways that will ultimately save units or pay off in the long run. I only buy energy refills when I really want to speed through something specific: I don't spend them just to accelerate my normal pace through the game.