**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner's Choice Buff Winner Discussion [edited title for clarity]

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    So should I go ahead and R2 my 6* Guilly?
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

tafre said:

DawsMan said:

tafre said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

Lordabck said:

This is not fair. Ant man won community poll by large margin. How come you original character win out of all the other fan favourite. Something is not right here.

Ant Man won the Forum vote by about 1700 votes. Guillotine won the Arena Ballot Poll by about 75,000 votes. The margin there is over 7x the number of votes in the poll combined. There were A LOT more people that voted in-game vs those that voted in the Forums, and it's important to remember that no online community is every really fully representative of the collective community.

If that were the case, I'm pretty sure that Omega Sentinel would have beat Hercules, based on all of the polls, posts, and videos that you all made :wink:
    First of all whoever thought about locking the votes behind an arena grind, that was a great alternate interpratation of democracy, 5000 IQ move I am sure whoever thought that is getting a raise lol.
    Second, weren't there like 5-6 votes ppl could have if they did the entire arena? So that margin doesn't actually represent how many more ppl voted for Guilly. Really don't care much who won cuz I voted for Fixit and skipped the arena after that but those numbers are just inflated cuz 1 person was able to vote like 5-6 times. I am not certain about the number but I am pretty sure you were able to vote multiple times, which shows that number is just inflated.
    I mean. You can just divide 75000 by 6 to get a rough estimate on how many more people voted for Guilly. It was about 12500 more people, assuming that most people used all their votes for one champion and didn't split them.
    I am not saying more ppl didn't vote, I am just saying the numbers are inflated. The number shows how many ppl didn't even bother to vote cuz this game certainly does not have a playerbase that small. We don't know cuz Kabam doesn't actually release how many ppl are logging in daily.

My main point was that the voting system was flawed. Why not have a vote like the Omega Sentinel/Hercules vote? Why lock it behind a pointless grind during the time when arena was in a horrible state? It is just not a smart system. locking democracy behind a grind where if you grind more you are able to vote more! Anyways my opinion doesn't matter apparently...
    Cuz, as they said earlier, they were trying something new. The numbers are inflated but the raw number does not affect percentages and 12,500 is still a lot of people who chose guilly over ant man, especially because so many people were mad about the arena like you are. If arena was in a horrible state, it was the perfect time for this because people didn't want to grind in the new arenas, thus had time to grind the other one. Second, the arena was around for a decent amount of time and you could use all champions and it was very easy to hit all the milestones. Nobody has said your opinion doesn't matter, why are you pretending to be a victim?
    Cuz when I state my opinion ppl are like you are a clown lol. Not based on the forums btw.

Anyways, if anybody actually thinks grinding an arena to vote for something, which is antidemocratic beats the purpose of a vote, is a smart way of representing the majority of the community and its opinion, compared to an actual poll like we had last year, I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t care who wins cuz I have both Guilly(6 star) and Antman (4/55 sig200) I just can’t understand how anybody thinks this was a smart voting system.
    Yeah, you have your opinion, everyone else has theirs. I can understand your disgruntledness, but you give them feedback in a post, then move on. It's not as if these grinds for votes has become a habit. The voting system was in place so that players who don't visit the forums could participate. Effort had to be put in and that would reduce the risk of players making fake accounts and just voting for the champions they want. And, as stated by me earlier as seen in a post by Kabam Miike, they wanted to see if this was a good idea and a lot of people are saying it isn't. I'm sure they've received that feedback.

I would also recommend taking a leaf out of my book. Notice how I didn't say, "Oh my personality doesn't matter anymore people are calling me a clown, and oh my opinion doesn't matter anymore because people don't agree with it :'( .

Just something to think about :)
    I may disagree with the voting process, but not to the point where it matters where we get frustrated over it. Both champs are getting buffs. Guillotine sooner and Ant-Man later.

I feel as if we’re all arguing towards the same goal.
    I didn't quote you I quoted tafre. I am aware both champions are getting buffed my point was that he is really mad about the voting system, and I'm saying it's not something many agree with you don't need to keep bringing it up as a pain point especially after it's only been implimented once. I'm not sure I conveyed frustration?
    Oh no, buddy. I mean the community in general. I don’t like the frustrating arguments. I want us to celebrate new champs and buffs together. We all want the same thing. A better game.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Lordabck said:

This is not fair. Ant man won community poll by large margin. How come you original character win out of all the other fan favourite. Something is not right here.

Ant Man won the Forum vote by about 1700 votes. Guillotine won the Arena Ballot Poll by about 75,000 votes. The margin there is over 7x the number of votes in the poll combined. There were A LOT more people that voted in-game vs those that voted in the Forums, and it's important to remember that no online community is every really fully representative of the collective community.

If that were the case, I'm pretty sure that Omega Sentinel would have beat Hercules, based on all of the polls, posts, and videos that you all made :wink:
    Kabam miike woke up and started spitting facts 🔥
    It's an online community, nobody wants facts, they just want validation in their ideas.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    She will be great for my 6* dupped NT
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I mean....the criteria was clear. If people were that invested, they could have played ball.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Pulyaman said:

What I said was pro-logic. As Wicket pointed out, the results of the first Poll were split 6 ways. It seems the other 4 ways leaned on Guilly when their choice was kiboshed.

That makes more sense than kabam doing an elaborate scheme only to rog the polls.
    Considering they have total freedom to do what they want, yes. I don't see them going through through exercise of having a vote and rigging it. Lol.
    I must say I was leaning towards it being rigged but, that is actually a good point.
    It’s not, because they gave themselves a way to subvert the original vote by using the arena ballots.

I still subscribe to the theory that arena bots did this, and Guilly was pre-selected. Has anyone debunked that?
    Yeah. DNA has. A couple of times. It wasn't arena bots.
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    I have a slight problem with the voting process though.

When you unlocked an arena Milestone it took you to a selection screen with Guillotine already highlighted. That increases the chances of her being selected in error. It also increases the chances of her being selected by anyone apathetic to the vote.

A fair voting system would not already have a champion "pre-highlighted" for selection.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    What's done is done but please don't do a vote through arena again.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

When you unlocked an arena Milestone it took you to a selection screen with Guillotine already highlighted. That increases the chances of her being selected in error. It also increases the chances of her being selected by anyone apathetic to the vote.

A fair voting system would not already have a champion "pre-highlighted" for selection.

If someone can't manage to actually check their selection before submitting the vote, why do they have any right to vote at all?

But I understand that the champion shouldn't have been "pre-picked" just for the fairness. However I don't believe it caused a noticeable amount of missclicks and errors. And afterall, we all got to vote 6x (I believe, idk anymore), so in case of missclick, players still had a chance to select 5x the other option, completely outweighting their error
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Jeal79 said:

I don’t believe that to be the case.

The only issue with the voting process, as we have learned, is that the vote on the Forums did not represent the overall majority. Meaning, Joe Fixit or Agent Venom or Jane Foster or Kamala may have been more favored than Ant-Man in the general majority. We’ll never know, but if it was Guilly vs Joe Fixit, would the result be 75k victory for Guilly?

Point is since the majority voted Guillotine and it didn’t represent the Forum vote - where it all started, then the Forum vote shouldn’t designate who the choices are.

That and there should be a live tracker. Every day post an update on who is winning.

That’s all if Kabam does another vote like this again, which they should never do. If both champs are still on the buff list and will get theirs eventually then just buff them in due time and we can avoid causing all this frustrating back and forth.

Both are getting buffed. Let’s be happy about it.
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    You can "not believe that to be the case" all you want.

The point that Guillotine was pre-highlighted is fact and not up for debate.
  • Options
    Jeal79 said:

I get it. I voted for Ant-Man. The entire process wasn’t done correctly. But we have to not bicker with each other.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

That’s just a function of selectors in this game. Whenever you open up a t5cc selector, cosmic is pre-selected. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s just how the technology is set-up. I doubt it was even a conscious choice by the person who made this particular selector to have Guillotine be the pre-highlighted character over Antman.
  • Options
    JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    edited June 2021
    Jeal79 said:

Given the not great rewards in the milestones that were in that arena, I can't imagine someone taking the time to do it if they did not care about who they were voting for.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★

Jeal79 said:

I don’t believe that to be the case.

The only issue with the voting process, as we have learned, is that the vote on the Forums did not represent the overall majority. Meaning, Joe Fixit or Agent Venom or Jane Foster or Kamala may have been more favored than Ant-Man in the general majority. We’ll never know, but if it was Guilly vs Joe Fixit, would the result be 75k victory for Guilly?

Point is since the majority voted Guillotine and it didn’t represent the Forum vote - where it all started, then the Forum vote shouldn’t designate who the choices are.

That and there should be a live tracker. Every day post an update on who is winning.

That’s all if Kabam does another vote like this again, which they should never do. If both champs are still on the buff list and will get theirs eventually then just buff them in due time and we can avoid causing all this frustrating back and forth.

Both are getting buffed. Let’s be happy about it.
    If you want representative vote, send everybody 2* nexus with guaranteed chose between 2 champs. Personally I hate arena. A lot of people do. Saying that grinding arena is representative is just dumb