**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For those who say getting R3s + Thronebreaker is rng dependend

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
Ok so december I did my first abyss run for a possible thronebreaker rankup, I WANTED a mystic but got mutant so I decided to do 7.1 completion + exploration. I r3ed my havok and the next month I got enough t5cc to r3 doom. This is 2 r3s in 2 months. Im totally F2P and Im not in a top ally. Now I currently have 5 r3s and a few frags away from 2 more r3s , I get my t5cc from glory store + from calendar + eq.
Getting to TB first made it much easier to actually obtain t5cc , no matter what class I pull I know im nearer to form another cat each time I open 1.

Take up any champ to r3 or 1 u enjoy to play , dont listen to what other people say to rank up.

My current r3s in order are
Havok
Doom
Black widow deadly origen
Gambit
Dragon man

My soon to be r3s are
Star lord
Venom the duck.

So take any to r3 and ull see the t5cc frags will start to roll.

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

how is havok as a rank 3? i have him too and im planning to rank him up for tb
    i just wanna know if its worth it

Havok is definitely worth it.
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★

i thought you got banned

i thought you got banned
    well I'm not.

it definitely is rng based. i’m sitting on four t5cs just because i don’t have any champs in the class that i want to take up

it would be foolish to say otherwise. First off, the obtaining of champs is obviously rng based from crystals. secondly, besides the t5c selectors, the obtaining of t5c catalysts is rng based. rng + rng= rng

Actually, once you do enough content that's expected from TB, it's gonna fall in place. It's up to you whether you want to rank someone up for TB then.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

it definitely is rng based. i’m sitting on four t5cs just because i don’t have any champs in the class that i want to take up

it would be foolish to say otherwise. First off, the obtaining of champs is obviously rng based from crystals. secondly, besides the t5c selectors, the obtaining of t5c catalysts is rng based. rng + rng= rng

Key words "I don't have any champs in the class I want to take up"

So you could be TB and have more content to access, but instead you'll shot yourself in the foot and complain that RNG isn't on your side.
    bruv i have 7 r3s…
    Okay so in a hypothetical situation where you weren't, you wouldn't R3 a champ in a class that was less than ideal to become TB to have more access to materials and quests? That doesn't make it RNG, that makes it stubbornness.
    let’s say you do abyss and obtain a science t5c but don’t have any sciene 6 stars, that’s undoubtedly rng…
    The likelihood of that occurring is so low its unfathomable, unless you're actively trying to speed run your way to TB without doing all the other available content first. There's a progression line in the game that people seem to try and skip past for whatever illogical reason.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

So you could be TB and have more content to access, but instead you'll shot yourself in the foot and complain that RNG isn't on your side.
    bruv i have 7 r3s…
    Okay so in a hypothetical situation where you weren't, you wouldn't R3 a champ in a class that was less than ideal to become TB to have more access to materials and quests? That doesn't make it RNG, that makes it stubbornness.
    let’s say you do abyss and obtain a science t5c but don’t have any sciene 6 stars, that’s undoubtedly rng…
    The likelihood of that occurring is so low its unfathomable, unless you're actively trying to speed run your way to TB without doing all the other available content first. There's a progression line in the game that people seem to try and skip past for whatever illogical reason.
    about the same likelihood as someone ranking up joe fixit or modok for tb
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

It's only RNG based if you're relying on one champ specifically to get you to R3. The people who claim it's RNG based aren't doing what everyone is doing to get to TB.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

bruv i have 7 r3s…
    It's bc for years everywhere you look players have had people telling them the most important thing is getting the absolute highest possible title for better rewards/offers so that's basically the only thing a ton of players care about. It's why you have thronebreaker players with 9k PI R5s bc they don't even have cruelty/precision unlocked let alone things like WP and despair and have like 40 mastery pts total. It's why people don't explore anything and only care about completion rewards.

Which is so absurd to me. It's like the people who still haven't 100% Act 4 even though they've done at least a completion run of act 6. Why would you give up arguably the most valuable rewards in the game because "it takes too long".

I think people need to realise the game isn't a sprint, it's a mega marathon.
    Completely agree but I've seen enough mastery set ups and completion percentages of newer players by this point that I'm not even mildly surprised anymore
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★

See this right here is an example.... "That I dont WANT to take up"... u could have took up someone for the TB benefits and after that decide who else u want to rank , just because the champ is the BEST of BEST , doesnt mean it doesnt deserve a rankup

See this right here is an example.... "That I dont WANT to take up"... u could have took up someone for the TB benefits and after that decide who else u want to rank , just because the champ is the BEST of BEST , doesnt mean it doesnt deserve a rankup
    i’ve been thronebreaker for awhile 🤡

Not the point, the point is you(anyone) can take any champ up to r3 and get TB. It's only because people are waiting on a "bgt" option to r3 that people don't. Stop being a clown and understand the point for heaven's sake.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    To he fair, there have been so many people advising on ranking up certain champs just because they say there are no benefits of TB title other than the daily crystals.

I myself completed abyss just after cyber Monday deals were bad and I was prepared to take up Hawkeye since him and Kingpin were my only skill champs if it came to it. But, the times have changed. We have content exclusive to TB and deals are infinitely better than cav tier. So, it makes sense to take up a champ to r3 for the title.

Not the point, the point is you(anyone) can take any champ up to r3 and get TB. It's only because people are waiting on a "bgt" option to r3 that people don't. Stop being a clown and understand the point for heaven's sake.
    you just don’t understand that random champs plus random catalysts equals random opportunities to rank up good champs. you keep saying you can rank up garbage champs for thronebreaker but most people would rather rank up champs they like or good champs. nobody wants to take king groot to r3