**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Support of Native Androind Apps in Windows 11

DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
So after the announcement of the windows 11 yesterday, and that it'll support Android apps natively, are we gonna be able to play MCOC using native windows 11?
If any mod from Kabam can confirm with the team, that would be great.
Thanks

Comments

• JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    Is MCOC on the Amazon Android store? Because that is what will be supported by MS.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    As long as it's not an emulator it's ok. You aren't allowed to play on a computer though, much to easy to hack.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    JaggedSac said:

Is MCOC on the Amazon Android store? Because that is what will be supported by MS.

it isn't , but it was confirmed that you can sideload apps as well, so it's easy to install the game I suppose
    DawsMan said:

As long as it's not an emulator it's ok. You aren't allowed to play on a computer though, much to easy to hack.

that's my question, I'm looking for offical response from Kabam tho
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    DrDrill said:

DawsMan said:

I'm not sure you'll get an official response from Kabam here, mostly because the moderators can't speak to this directly so this will have to await some sort of official decision from the Powers That Be, but the unofficial past position has been: if the device is officially supported by the app stores that Kabam itself officially supports for the distribution of the game, it is generally allowed. MCOC is on the Google Play store and the Apple App Store. If your device is officially supported by either app store and allows apps to be officially downloaded and installed from those stores, it should be fine. If you're doing anything else to somehow get the app to run, you're on dangerous ground.

It is not enough for Windows to support Android apps. Kabam must support Windows 11 running the game. And that support is implied for every Android device that Google Play supports and every iOS device that Apple supports provided you use the officially sanctioned method of installing the game.

This is not an official statement from Kabam, this is a rule of thumb that was discussed long ago when the topic of Chromebooks running Android apps came around years ago. Any official statement from Kabam would override this rule of thumb. I am not an official spokesperson for Kabam.
    DNA3000 said:

DrDrill said:

DawsMan said:

I'm not sure you'll get an official response from Kabam here, mostly because the moderators can't speak to this directly so this will have to await some sort of official decision from the Powers That Be, but the unofficial past position has been: if the device is officially supported by the app stores that Kabam itself officially supports for the distribution of the game, it is generally allowed. MCOC is on the Google Play store and the Apple App Store. If your device is officially supported by either app store and allows apps to be officially downloaded and installed from those stores, it should be fine. If you're doing anything else to somehow get the app to run, you're on dangerous ground.

It is not enough for Windows to support Android apps. Kabam must support Windows 11 running the game. And that support is implied for every Android device that Google Play supports and every iOS device that Apple supports provided you use the officially sanctioned method of installing the game.

This is not an official statement from Kabam, this is a rule of thumb that was discussed long ago when the topic of Chromebooks running Android apps came around years ago. Any official statement from Kabam would override this rule of thumb. I am not an official spokesperson for Kabam.
    Thanks for the insightful reply, would love to see official confirmation from Kabam
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

DNA3000 said:

DrDrill said:

DawsMan said:

Thanks for the insightful reply, would love to see official confirmation from Kabam
    The best way to think about it is if you have the Google play store as an app on the computer. Only apps downloaded from Google play or Apple App store are legal. If you're having to install it from anywhere else besides the play store or apple app store, it's not allowed.