Why am I so scared of war. I NEED HELP

AddictorAddictor Member Posts: 428 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hey mcoc folks
I’ve been playing this game for a long time. But I’m still so scared of war. I feel stressful even before each war begins. The concerns are listed below:
1 I’m afraid of being killed, my skill is average and it costs me items which are very expensive.
2 some alliances require you to wash off suicides and you have to switch mastery back and forth, which is annoying.
3 I’ve dealt with path 2, 4,5,6,7 respectively. I feel like they’re all very difficult, esp path 2, it’s a nightmare.
4 leaders or officers always assign you to fight minis. I understand that is what you should do as a member esp you have good counters. But it makes me even more stressful as the nodes and opponents are hard.
5 If I get killed, I was like oh it’s shame on me as if angry people are always there.

The above things are my main concerns. I know some of you are really good at war and love to get satisfaction or achievement out of it. But I feel like the only fun for me is collecting champs in the game. If I just join a retired ally, it’s really boring sometimes but if I join a serious ally, the stress is out there. I really don’t know what to do. It’s kind like a conundrum.
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    If the game mode is stressing you out then just don’t play it - plenty of other areas in the game to keep you busy!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,406 ★★★★★

Join an alliance that is AQ focused and more casual for war? There are a lot of alliances like that.

Agree. Our alliance is specifically designed like this. We do AW for fun and do not require reviving or spending or mastery changes. If we lose, we lose. Life goes on, and you get some rewards even when you lose.

This mindset makes AW tolerable.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,935 ★★★★★
    just saying guillotine 2099 is good for war, if you actually rank her and play her then you may do better
  • AddictorAddictor Member Posts: 428 ★★★

just saying guillotine 2099 is good for war, if you actually rank her and play her then you may do better

Man is this comment based on my previous post? Lol, actually I know she is good for war especially for the final apoc boss.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★
    Don’t stress…it’s not a real war, just a game.
    …Point of a game is to have fun.
    You could always join AQ focused ally or if you still enjoy war join a ally in a lower tier to avoid the “stress”. Might have to sacrifice higher season end rewards, but it may make you more content in that platform of the game .
    theham said:

The thing about war is that the stress never ends, even if you're good and have done it for years. If you don't like it, just switch to an AQ focused alliance.

Right it’s the characteristic of war, the stress is endless as long as it exists
  • Timone147Timone147 Member Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya you should just go to a AQ focused and war causal alliance that doesn’t analyze every death in war.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,935 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

Man is this comment based on my previous post? Lol, actually I know she is good for war especially for the final apoc boss.
    yeah couldn’t resist a jab at that post haha

on that topic I know people that use Sorcerer Supreme a bunch for war as well. Her and Symbiote Supreme can be very useful at times
    edited June 2021

Addictor said:

on that topic I know people that use Sorcerer Supreme a bunch for war as well. Her and Symbiote Supreme can be very useful at times
    Man the reason why I said I hated both supremes just because they take a long time to ramp up their damage. In addition I’ve got both awakened r3 doom and Claire. I just don’t need them anymore.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

Apoc bosses will soon be old news. With stubborn and bulwark gone, he's one of the easiest common boss placements.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,104 ★★★★
    While my ally runs full BG war, we don't stress about deaths and you pick the paths you can counter. We have enough strong members to take the remaining paths.
    I almost never use items in AW and I like it that way.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Member Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Git gud perhaps?
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,104 ★★★★
    Addictor said:

Addictor said:

Man the reason why I said I hated both supremes just because they take a long time to ramp up their damage. In addition I’ve got both awakened r3 doom and Claire. I just don’t need them anymore.
    Sorcerer doesn't really need a ramp up. The fun thing about her is that if you stick to the damage stance, her sp2 does nice crits while you ramp her up for a big sp3. It's just like doing sp3, sp3, sp2 with Doom. In this case you will be doing sp2-sp2-sp3. In most matches I just throw 2 sp2 and they're dead. If not another sp2 or sp3 usually ends it.
    The trick to playing Sorcerer is to stick to one mode for your sp especially your sp2 unless you really need the utility from the other modes
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    To me war is about cost/rewards. If that equation doesn’t work for you, change the values.

To do this you either find a new alliance, attempt to initiate change in your current alliance or git gud.

First is easy, bail.
    Second, there is much that can be changed.
    And third, well practice, educate yourself and improve.

To the second. You can argue 100% clears aren’t always necessary especially in the face of defeat. This allows players to save resources for when 100% will matter, while reducing over all cost.

You can argue a straight path is far from optimal and it would be better to split paths for sections. This takes effort and thought though which many are unwilling to put forth.

Really though at the end of the day it’s a game and it needs to be fun, if your alliance’s approach to war isn’t fun and costs more that it’s worth find one that is.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    Addictor said:

Hey mcoc folks
    I’ve been playing this game for a long time. But I’m still so scared of war. I feel stressful even before each war begins. The concerns are listed below:
    1 I’m afraid of being killed, my skill is average and it costs me items which are very expensive.
    2 some alliances require you to wash off suicides and you have to switch mastery back and forth, which is annoying.
    3 I’ve dealt with path 2, 4,5,6,7 respectively. I feel like they’re all very difficult, esp path 2, it’s a nightmare.
    4 leaders or officers always assign you to fight minis. I understand that is what you should do as a member esp you have good counters. But it makes me even more stressful as the nodes and opponents are hard.
    5 If I get killed, I was like oh it’s shame on me as if angry people are always there.

The above things are my main concerns. I know some of you are really good at war and love to get satisfaction or achievement out of it. But I feel like the only fun for me is collecting champs in the game. If I just join a retired ally, it’s really boring sometimes but if I join a serious ally, the stress is out there. I really don’t know what to do. It’s kind like a conundrum.

I wish I had a magic bullet answer for you. I can only tell you how I dealt with this. I decided I needed an alliance that didn't take war all that seriously. Or rather, we take war seriously, but we don't beat up people for being not that great at it. Everyone tries their best, but their best is fine whatever it is. And the only way I could think of to find such an alliance was to build one. This is not as easy as it sounds, but in the long run if you're not having fun, you need to decide what you're willing to do to have more fun playing the game. Either you stay in your alliance and you figure out how to come up to their level or higher, so what they do is less difficult for you to do (stress tends to fall on the weaker players in an alliance for obvious reasons), or you find an alliance that parallels what you want from the game: high AQ or low, competitive war or not.

I make no claims these choices are easy ones to make. But everyone has to make them.
    Oh yeah git gud huh? I never ever deny that I’m a NOOB
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    Addictor said:

There's a bit of truth there. Stress in war tends to fall on the weaker players in an alliance relative to the average, because competitive war alliances tend to rise (or fall) to about the level of the average player in that alliance. When their competition is weaker than most of its players, they tend to win. When their competition is stronger than most of its players, they tend to lose. When they get to a point where they are winning and losing about half the time, they tend to stabilize relative to the competition.

At that point, if you're way above average compared to your alliance mates, you're going to tend to have an easy time in war. If you're way below average compared to your alliance mates, you're going to tend to have a tough time in war. If you don't like stress, your two main choices are a) avoid competitive alliances or b) always be the strongest guy in the alliance. If you're the weakest guy in an alliance pushing uphill in war, you probably either need to enjoy stress or enjoy spending money on the game.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

except when for reasons unknown her SP1 fails to drain any of Apoc's power. yep i've been a victim totally changing how i play the fight not being able to count on SP1 power drain.
    DNA3000 said:

Addictor said:

There's a bit of truth there. Stress in war tends to fall on the weaker players in an alliance relative to the average, because competitive war alliances tend to rise (or fall) to about the level of the average player in that alliance. When their competition is weaker than most of its players, they tend to win. When their competition is stronger than most of its players, they tend to lose. When they get to a point where they are winning and losing about half the time, they tend to stabilize relative to the competition.

At that point, if you're way above average compared to your alliance mates, you're going to tend to have an easy time in war. If you're way below average compared to your alliance mates, you're going to tend to have a tough time in war. If you don't like stress, your two main choices are a) avoid competitive alliances or b) always be the strongest guy in the alliance. If you're the weakest guy in an alliance pushing uphill in war, you probably either need to enjoy stress or enjoy spending money on the game.
    Good analysis bro
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Addictor said:

Apoc bosses will soon be old news. With stubborn and bulwark gone, he's one of the easiest common boss placements.
    Stubborn was not the issue with him, protect was. He is easy without
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Seatin is that you?
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Member Posts: 778 ★★★
    Maybe join a chill AW ally where u can triple KO, then revive, and triple KO again and not have to worry abt people saying anything.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    It seems like you enjoy doing War but not the attitude of officers / leader in your alliance.