Options

Isn't it time to do away with Deathmatches in Arena? *Rant*

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 313 ★★★
I'm so tired of Deathmatches. There are so many times where I use a team that should fit the criteria for getting to/maintaining an infinite streak, but then you get met with a team of 6/65 (or whatever) Doom, Corvus, and Domino or some garbage, and then you have to spend 5+ minutes fighting each one just to potentially whiff a Dex and lose. I see no reason why it can't just give you opponents who are around your teams PI, or even like 5-10k over, instead of punishing you for not following some arbitrary setup by making you face a squad of some of the toughest Champs at the highest possible level. I'm sure a lot more people would not mind the arena so much if it wasn't for that.

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,714 Guardian

I'm so tired of Deathmatches. There are so many times where I use a team that should fit the criteria for getting to/maintaining an infinite streak, but then you get met with a team of 6/65 (or whatever) Doom, Corvus, and Domino or some garbage, and then you have to spend 5+ minutes fighting each one just to potentially whiff a Dex and lose. I see no reason why it can't just give you opponents who are around your teams PI, or even like 5-10k over, instead of punishing you for not following some arbitrary setup by making you face a squad of some of the toughest Champs at the highest possible level. I'm sure a lot more people would not mind the arena so much if it wasn't for that.

Any criteria you think you should be following for maintaining infinite streak is player-created. There is no official criteria for maintaining infinite streak supported by the game. In fact, infinite streak is not something explicitly put into the game at all. It is actually something that happens when players *break* the match system, and forces the game to default to easier matches.

This is not easy to fix for two main reasons. First, infinite streak can't be easily "fixed" because it is broken behavior in the first place. Changing it would require completely changing how the arena generates matches, which is time consuming and requires special attention to server side code. And second, they don't want to make arena matches too easy, because people are already complaining about arena bots as it is. The easier the matches get, the better the arena bots get. There's a direct correlation between how easy the hardest matches are and how easy it is to bot an arena.