**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mangog blows

I pulled 6* mangog from a featured yesterday and have been very disappointed. He has weak damage and small utility on sp1. It even takes 50 hits of ramp up for him to go unstoppable for 8 seconds. Am I missing something or does he need a number buff?

Comments

• Options
    YEETguyYEETguy Posts: 107
    Interesting. @yomoves do you use suicides?
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I do not use suicides, but he's not awful for them either, since rage cuts down on recoil damage.

He is quite interdasting indeed. But most of his damage will come from a rage-fueled L2, followed by a max charge heavy attack after. That coupled with his good resistances in rage allows him to blast out really high-damage heavy attacks that deal great red damage. It's maybe not an ideal system for damage dealing and not the easiest rotation to learn, but he definitely has his value.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    His sp2 does. Seems to be a bigger stronger blow than Hyperion.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I actually want a mangog as a 6* really bad. I just feel like he can't possibly be as bad as everyone says
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I actually want a mangog as a 6* really bad. I just feel like he can't possibly be as bad as everyone says

He is
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    I honestly think he isn't too bad, he is mystic Air-Walker after all.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

*sad iHulk noises*
  • Options
    GuyGardnerGuyGardner Posts: 7
    Mangog is currently my favorite mystic to play in game, if I don't need a ton of nullify then my rotation is sp2 at 10 hatred when the opponent is just under a bar of power then heavy charge by the time they hit you you should be at another sp2 which you throw right away. The second sp2 will get the fury damage and should stun them then you can dash in 5 hit combo into an sp1 which should complete just before the fury expires. I would love to pull him as a 6*.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    I love mangog. Think he’s a rather unique mystic than most.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Needs a tune-up imo. Just some more base damage since he has to sacrifice damage for utility and vice-versa I believe.
  • Options
    DopeDurianDopeDurian Posts: 3
    Mangog is a unique champ. But it this game, unique doesn't equal to useful. I don't find him to be useful anywhere. Mostly because I'm lazy to test him out
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited July 2021
    At least you didn’t get him b2b in The featured